Sign in to follow this  
T-86(swe)

GoH 11: Tranquil tasting [Dandelume, Avalonia]

I used my entry for this book III- challenge in the ‘Fantastic feasts’-category for Brickscalibur as well!

“For years and years small domestic commerce and trades simply took place by the cliffs on the riverside. 
In time, Wifgrir, the duke of Dandelume, saw a great potential in the location in this riverside part of his municipality. Mostly due to its availability from water and nearby larger roads. He therefore ordered a completion of a small fortification and garrisoned soldiers within.

With time of relative peace and stability the trading routes brought goods and merchants from near and far. The dandelumians could storage and bargain their notorious avalonian wine and earthenware for merchandise from all over Historica. 

It was common for the garrisoned soldiers to have their meals, large or small, outside the eastern walls of the fortification, to have a moments peace and quiet from the noisy commerce going on inside. This also gave them time to check the stored wine and see to the earthenware in an enclosed space.” 

53464079529_0a4a8cdf86_z.jpg

Edited by T-86(swe)

Very nice build.  I really like the rockwork, it looks wonderful especially the part on the right side with the water on the rocks.  The texturing of the wall is nicely done.  The figs also look great.  I wouldn't have to look at the title to know this was an Avalonian build great work.  

On 1/15/2024 at 1:17 AM, zoth33 said:

Very nice build.  I really like the rockwork, it looks wonderful especially the part on the right side with the water on the rocks.  The texturing of the wall is nicely done.  The figs also look great.  I wouldn't have to look at the title to know this was an Avalonian build great work.  

Thanks a lot dude, I really appreciate it! 

Great build. The color palette with the yellow leaf is great. And the clif makes a smooth water line. Very nice performance.

10 hours ago, MrLind said:

Great build. The color palette with the yellow leaf is great. And the clif makes a smooth water line. Very nice performance.

Thank you Mattias, Im glad you took your time to comment on the build!

The foliage...the rockwork...the blue water...your choice of colours and shapes really conveys a tranquil feeling even without looking into the details. Then, speaking of details, I really enjoy how much effort you put into it - especially with the earthenware "carelessly" piled on the right, and the amazing design of the little elvish chair! :wub:

Edited by Aurore

On 1/22/2024 at 9:44 PM, Aurore said:

The foliage...the rockwork...the blue water...your choice of colours and shapes really conveys a tranquil feeling even without looking into the details. Then, speaking of details, I really enjoy how much effort you put into it - especially with the earthenware "carelessly" piled on the right, and the amazing design of the little elvish chair! :wub:

Im really glad you like it @Aurore, and also for you to take your time to comment the build. Especially since you obviously viewed it carefully to be able to give feedback on a detailed level! Take care and keep up your own fantastic work building =)

There are many cool things in this :-). I also love the chairs. And the pottery that fell down is a nice touch! The door is also nice with the rollerskates in it. As feedback I would love to see better pictures of this. Maybe take it outside next time on a cloudy day? Right now the picture feels very grainy and you almost can't see details like the rollerskates in the door - which is sad, because you put a lot of work in it. And also in that nice textured wall ;-). I don't want to know how long that took hehe. Nice build! Keep up the cool work!

21 hours ago, Simon_S said:

There are many cool things in this :-). I also love the chairs. And the pottery that fell down is a nice touch! The door is also nice with the rollerskates in it. As feedback I would love to see better pictures of this. Maybe take it outside next time on a cloudy day? Right now the picture feels very grainy and you almost can't see details like the rollerskates in the door - which is sad, because you put a lot of work in it. And also in that nice textured wall ;-). I don't want to know how long that took hehe. Nice build! Keep up the cool work!

Thanks Simon for the positive feedback. I totally agree and Im aware of the rather poor photo-quality! Which indeed is sad because, like you mention, details easily can be missed.

Might sound arrogant but I think the photography makes a pretty decent build look bad in this case. Skills that can be improved through trial and error though, as the actual building skills always can too 😀

Keep up your own great work buddy! 

Edited by T-86(swe)

Lovely build overall, as people pointed out: the chair and the little bits of pottery make this build feel alive. The rock work feels very natural

Yellow leaves are my favourite, they give a lovely splash of colour. Adding the fallen leaves enhances those splashes for sure!

I 100% believe the photography makes the build less impressive than it is in reality. I love building but photography / adding backgrounds are part of a different skill tree for sure. 

Kudos to people nailing all of that plus having writing skills of it of course! 

On 2/7/2024 at 11:50 PM, Puvel said:

Lovely build overall, as people pointed out: the chair and the little bits of pottery make this build feel alive. The rock work feels very natural

Yellow leaves are my favourite, they give a lovely splash of colour. Adding the fallen leaves enhances those splashes for sure!

I 100% believe the photography makes the build less impressive than it is in reality. I love building but photography / adding backgrounds are part of a different skill tree for sure. 

Kudos to people nailing all of that plus having writing skills of it of course! 

Thanks! Yellow is a new favourite of mine, I will be sure to use it in upcoming builds 😀 glad you liked rockwork and details. Take care and keep building!