the Inventor

[MOC] The Classic Knight's Castle

Made for the CCC XXI, "Truly Classic Castle" category, with using only parts pre 1996, except some new reddish brown and bluish gray.

This was fun, although difficult as well sometimes. I had to substitute a number of green plates with smaller ones, because the bigger ones didn't exist yet in 1995 or earlier. And a couple of bricks/tiles that I used had to be removed after checking their introduction date again...

53422433310_70f892848e_b.jpg

The Classic Knight's Castle by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

The window is constructed like this:

53422191403_125f8b8098.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C is always appreciated.

Nicely done. The design fits with both the classic castle theme and being a viable keep on its own. NPU with the legs and window design. Love how you were able to incorporate the blue window shutters as being part of the build and the right colors for the keep.

It looks great. I know it can be hard when restricting yourself to only parts from before a specific date, or also parts after a specific date. When you know there is a part that would be perfect for a particular use, but cannot use it.

Really neat build in true classic castle style, I think it looks great!

My only critique would be the choice of the colour reddish brown instead of black for the main keep.

Sheps

I love this! It's not too busy like many modern MOCs. I think you found the right balance between detail and classic simplicity. I like the way you did the drawbridge, and I love how minimalistic the tudor house is.