• Set number: NA
  • Designation: Old Engine Train Shed
  • Theme: Bricklink Designer Program - Series 1
  • Number of parts: 2,331
  • Minifigures: 6
  • Crowd Funding Start Date: February 7th, 2024
  • RRP: $229.99 US
  • Fan-designer: Mind the Brick/Maria Kalaoglou

3,000 pre-orders required, 30,000 maximum produced. Limit of two per household.

Update: FUNDED!

2780520.56BAE2C388090142.jpg

Image: Official LEGO render

Bricklink page: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-1/224/Old-Train-Engine-Shed

---

LEGO Bricklink Designer Program | Logging Railway

• Designation: Logging Railway
  • Theme: Bricklink Designer Program - Series 2
  • Number of parts: 2,706
    Minifigures: 3
  • Crowd Funding Start Date: June 2024
  • RRP: NA
  • Fan-designer: ties25 
  • Note: Designed with motorization in mind 

3,000 pre-orders required, 20,000 maximum produced. Limit of two per household.

2465203.0639D446B940E439.png

Image: Draft render, not finalized

Bricklink page: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-2/642/Logging-Railway

---

LEGO Bricklink Designer Program | Brick Cross Train Station

• Designation: Brick Cross Train Station
  • Theme: Bricklink Designer Program - Series 2
  • Number of parts: 3,034
    Minifigures: 8
  • Crowd Funding Start Date: June 2024
  • Fan-designer: brickster

3,000 pre-orders required, 20,000 maximum produced. Limit of two per household.

2472062.29413D5681B2C1D0.jpg

Image: Draft render, not finalized

Bricklink page: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-2/728/Brick-Cross-Train-Station

---

LEGO Bricklink Designer Program | Wild West Train

• Designation: Wild West Train
  • Theme: Bricklink Designer Program - Series 4
  • Number of parts: 2,760
    Minifigures: 6
  • Crowd Funding Start Date: February 2025
  • Fan-designer: llucky

2791170.8ADF7D8A28661531.png

Bricklink page: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-4/1184/Wild-West-Train

With the possibility of at least three Trains-related sets through the BL Designer Program, I figured it deserved its own discussion thread! 2024 is shaping up to be a good year for ever-patient Trains fans. 

---

SERIES 4 voting is now closed. Results to be announced on March 18th 2024. https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-4/main.page

Edited by RedBrick1

I wish there were more photos of the train shed, from more angles. I really like it, but it took me a while to realize just how big it is. The photos' angles make it look much smaller and cozy, not a really long shed. It's lovely, but I think it's too big for me to get.

Brick Cross Station on the other hand... It will be mine!

Crowdfunding for Series 1 begins in less than two days. Series 4 sets up for voting now with lots of Trains related submissions. 

8 hours ago, and_ampersand_and said:

The 0-6-0 is a gorgeous model. If I could pick just one... that would be it. 

Hello and welcome to support my 2 Railroad Signal Boxes on Bricklink Designer Program 4! One represents the original US design, the second represents UK design.
You can vote for them till Feb 16th, 2024.
Thanks everyone in advance!

photo-2023-10-01-11-27-07.jpg

signal-box4-4-colored.jpg

Just pre-ordered the Old Train Shed.  Beautiful design.  I limited myself to one, but would have liked two had the price been lower.  Can't wait to get this one.  Personally, I'm not overly thrilled with the train items in series 2.  Lots of interesting stuff in series 4.  We'll see if one train item makes it!

Edited by Space78

@Space78 Same here. Ordered one, but would have loved a second. 

The Logging Railway seems like it will be a chore to build, and has a lot of parts that aren't really necessary for the train to function as a train. I'm not about display pieces and so for me it's a miss, because it will be twice as expensive for including raised track I won't build.

The Brick Cross Train Station looks interesting, but at the price points the current lot are going for I'm not as interested as the Train Shed.

On 2/5/2024 at 4:35 PM, and_ampersand_and said:

I just skimmed the series 4 yesterday and both of those stood out (before seeing this post and without realizing they were series 3 too). I just wish the American Steam Loco had a few more view angles. It's hard to see all of the details.

I can’t quite tell from the pictures; how offset is Brick Cross Station from the baseplate of the Modular? I have a line of track running behind some Modulars with three studs of overlap. If I can’t make that work I have no interest, but if I can then I’m excited. 

Not much longer now - Old train engine shed is so nearly sold out, I can't discern any visible space left on the bar with my computer monitor.

EDIT: 1 hour later and it's gone!

Edited by Murdoch17

10 hours ago, Toxic43 said:

@Space78 Same here. Ordered one, but would have loved a second. 

The Logging Railway seems like it will be a chore to build, and has a lot of parts that aren't really necessary for the train to function as a train. I'm not about display pieces and so for me it's a miss, because it will be twice as expensive for including raised track I won't build.

The Brick Cross Train Station looks interesting, but at the price points the current lot are going for I'm not as interested as the Train Shed.

Agree, the logging train could have been interesting, but the raised trestle bridge would be very repetitive and a significant portion of the build, which will push the price up.  I'm surprised it made it through review.  The designer should have skipped the bridge and made a more interesting engine.

9 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

I just skimmed the series 4 yesterday and both of those stood out (before seeing this post and without realizing they were series 3 too). I just wish the American Steam Loco had a few more view angles. It's hard to see all of the details.

Agree about the switch engine.  I really hope that makes it to crowdfunding stage.

Edited by Space78

It's great to see more Trains representation in the latest wave! I was pulling for some of the others over the western train, but I do understand why this could be a hot seller.