Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I miss the days when Lego Youtube was about random people showing off their collection and reviewing sets with their own opinion and personality ...

Like Jangbricks you mean?

My dark age ended 2015... What a coincidence ... this guy started also 2015...

Spoiler

Spoiler

1496790_20221018205041_1.png?width=2240

;) ... mmmm.... 

15 minutes ago, legoturtle said:
  Reveal hidden contents

;) ... mmmm.... 

Damn it! I’m getting hungry for some Jokeroni. Or maybe a Batman Calzoni from Little Ceaser’s.

All hail Luigi. And his head chef. Turtle. Long live Luigi’s pizzaria.

Gotham Landmarks - Luigi's Finest Pizza

Luigi's Finest Pizza is a restaurant located on the western end of Harrow Road, near the intersection with Diangelo Avenue at The Cauldron. The plaque is on the wall left of the storefront.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, legoturtle said:

Like Jangbricks you mean?

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

;) ... mmmm.... 

No my insane friend, random people on youtube in the good old days, 2008-2015

18 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

Gotham Landmarks - Luigi's Finest Pizza

Luigi's Finest Pizza is a restaurant located on the western end of Harrow Road, near the intersection with Diangelo Avenue at The Cauldron. The plaque is on the wall left of the storefront.

Man has a secret Batcave under Luigi's Pizza in case he gets hungry, he also is the protector of Luigi's due to rivalry with the other Pizza place (Papa Jonkler's)

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

2 hours ago, legoturtle said:

please god let this be true because it would be so funny

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Jangbricks and Duckbricks?

he's talking about my youtube channel where i upload collages of movies i think

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Papa Jonkler's

You've seen that video too?

"The record will be straight... heh heh heh heh heh... stay tuned"

I wonder what 2025 holds for this theme. It assumably won't be mainly superman based- even with the movie, I can't see them doing more than 2-3 sets. The Batman 2 will likely also get a few sets, but that's an october film. I think we still may see a couple June sets, here are my guesses)

A second wave of BTAS sets: Jonkler mech ($14.99, BTAS Jonkler),  Buildable BTASman ($32.99), The Batwing ($64.99, BTAS Batman, BTAS Poison Ivy, BTAS Catwoman), UCS BTASmobile ($299.99, BTAS Batman, BTAS Robin)

A wave of TDK sets (Jonkler Mech ($14.99, generic comic Jonkler), Buildable TDK Joker ($32.99), another Tumbler ($64.99 TDK Batman, TDK Bane, TDK Joker), UCS The Bat ($199.99, TDK Batman, TDK Catwoman) 

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wonder what 2025 holds for this theme. It assumably won't be mainly superman based- even with the movie, I can't see them doing more than 2-3 sets. The Batman 2 will likely also get a few sets, but that's an october film…

6h7khj.png

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/the-batman-ii-delayed-a-year-1235108760/amp/

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wonder what 2025 holds for this theme. It assumably won't be mainly superman based- even with the movie, I can't see them doing more than 2-3 sets. The Batman 2 will likely also get a few sets, but that's an october film. I think we still may see a couple June sets, here are my guesses)

A second wave of BTAS sets: Jonkler mech ($14.99, BTAS Jonkler),  Buildable BTASman ($32.99), The Batwing ($64.99, BTAS Batman, BTAS Poison Ivy, BTAS Catwoman), UCS BTASmobile ($299.99, BTAS Batman, BTAS Robin)

A wave of TDK sets (Jonkler Mech ($14.99, generic comic Jonkler), Buildable TDK Joker ($32.99), another Tumbler ($64.99 TDK Batman, TDK Bane, TDK Joker), UCS The Bat ($199.99, TDK Batman, TDK Catwoman) 

The Batman 2 is in 2026 I'm afraid :(

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The Batman 2 will likely also get a few sets, but that's an october film.

The movie has been delayed by almost a year :wink: So they hopefully have some more BTAS sets in store as a replacement, otherwise it‘s gonna be a rather bleak year for DC, even with Superman sets!

27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The movie has been delayed by almost a year :wink: So they hopefully have some more BTAS sets in store as a replacement, otherwise it‘s gonna be a rather bleak year for DC, even with Superman sets!

Hopefully they continue the BTAS sets. Preferably a new Batcave and Arkham Asylum. I'd love to get more of the cast in their animated forms beyond just the five minifigures we currently have.

I wouldn't say no to either of the Schumacher Batmobiles either to complete the movie line up.

13 minutes ago, wesker said:

I wouldn't say no to either of the Schumacher Batmobiles either to complete the movie line up.

Neither would I, but can you imagine the chaos that would ensue in this thread if we get a Batman and Robin set before we get another member of the Justice League?

3 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Neither would I, but can you imagine the chaos that would ensue in this thread if we get a Batman and Robin set before we get another member of the Justice League?

If they did a Batman and Robin set, it better come with the Bat-American Express credit card as an accessory. After all, "Never leave the cave without it!"

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Seriously, all I want out of this theme is the Bat, Batpod, and Batman, Catwoman, and Bane from TDKR :( 

The Batpod and buildable figure looks genuinely fantastic. But it always hurts like a brick when something gets covered via buildable figures and not system scale sets.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Guys! Look that BIG art set. What you see is what you get. GCPD headquarter, Arkham Asylum, Joker Land, Wayne Manor, Batcave... is there something else. I hope to get that machine which flies on the sky. What are those...

Posted (edited)

I'm super late on seeing the set pics, but I was starting to think we wouldn't get images of them till May. Though since both Ashnflash and MiniSuperheroesToday took down their reviews, I don't think we were supposed to see them this early (even though there's been screenshots shared on Twitter/Instagram/various Lego news sites at this point, so the genie can't be put back into the bottle).

The mech is an instant pass after seeing that the minifigure isn't exclusive or at least a LITTLE bit different, instead it's that godforsaken black suit from 2012 again. Most of the Marvel mechs got exclusive minifigure designs, what happened here? The Batpod set is also skippable unless it goes on a steep discount, though I do appreciate the detail gone into it. But even so, I would've taken a minifigure scale version over Lego trying to make their own action figure any day.

Now for the main event, the BTAS Batmobile. The microscale Batmobile in the Gotham skyline set really was an indication for what we'd be in for here in terms of the color scheme. I've seen a lot people think it's sacrilege to get a Batmobile that isn't all black, but after looking at a bunch of scenes of it from the show, I think Lego went with the right choice here. I know that in "Perchance to Dream", Bruce literally says it's "a big car that's all BLACK", but then you look at it in almost any episode like "The Mechanic" and...it looks pretty dark blue to me. But if you really wanted to make it all black it'll be a very very easy color swap, like this photoshop edit from thedarkwright on IG. The only major problem will be with the headlight stickers as they're on a dark blue backing, so you may have to use a brickbuilt option there. And thank god we can remove those ugly as hell stud shooters, they really make it look like a toy from the 90s with those on.

The biggest issue for me though is that it's ANOTHER one seater Batmobile. This one is an even bigger offender than the 1989 Batmobile being a one seater since Batman almost always had someone driving with him in the passenger seat in the show. Why does Lego keep regressing and acting like they didn't already make 3 Batmobiles that were two seaters in the past few years, along with alllll the advancements in the Speed Champions theme in terms of cars that can fit two minifigures while still being 8 studs wide. Now we know why they didn't bother to make a BTAS Robin minifigure, there's no place for him to sit unless you put him on the studs on the canopy roof. How is it that BTAS Batmobile MOC's like this one from jerrybuildsbricks on IG have been able to make it 8 studs wide and STILL fit two minifigures, yet it's seemingly impossible for the official version? I know I'm definitely modifying it to be a two seater as soon as I get my hands it, that's the top priority.

The minifigures are a surprise as well. I'm shocked that Batman is pretty much 90% the same from the skyline set, besides that brand new cape piece which isn't just a reuse of the Doctor Strange cape. I guess I should give props to Lego for somehow finding a way to make Batman still fit in the Batmobile with it on. Though they had to keep something exclusive to the version from the skyline set, and unfortunately that amazing double sided cape was the victim this time, guess I'll have to Bricklink it. On the plus side, I'm glad the exact same jester suit Harley is in a relatively cheaper set (which is pushing it as it'll be $80 here, highway robbery), and Mr. Freeze looks great for the most part. He definitely needs something more though, an armor piece like the TLBM Freeze or one of those air tank pieces in blue would've gone a long way. But either way, I want more BTAS sets so I'll have to get this one sooner or later so that maybe we can ANYTHING that can include a new black and white suit Two-Face minifigure.

Edited by TheBatstan

Spoiler

IFA11038BatmobileOPCPrintedBG_Robin_sRec

Blue is a better choice. 

Do we know why those 2 popular YouTubers had to take DC reviews off?

24 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Now for the main event, the BTAS Batmobile. The microscale Batmobile in the Gotham skyline set really was an indication for what we'd be in for here in terms of the color scheme. I've seen a lot people think it's sacrilege to get a Batmobile that isn't all black, but after looking at a bunch of scenes of it from the show, I think Lego went with the right choice here. I know that in "Perchance to Dream", Bruce literally says it's "a big car that's all BLACK", but then you look at it in almost any episode like "The Mechanic" and...it looks pretty dark blue to me. But if you really wanted to make it all black it'll be a very very easy color swap, like this photoshop edit from thedarkwright on IG. The only major problem will be with the headlight stickers as they're on a dark blue backing, so you may have to use a brickbuilt option there. And thank god we can remove those ugly as hell stud shooters, they really make it look like a toy from the 90s with those on.

For what's worth, I think accuracy to source material doesn't matter if ignoring it gives us cooler sets.

The Batmobile is definetly supposed to be black and the blue are just highlights, but it DOES look totally blue anyway. I don't think it matters whar it's SUPPOSED to look like, rather than what it FEELS like it looks.

It also makes it stand out more, rather than being yet another black car.

1 hour ago, legoturtle said:

Guys! Look that BIG art set. What you see is what you get. GCPD headquarter, Arkham Asylum, Joker Land, Wayne Manor, Batcave... is there something else. I hope to get that machine which flies on the sky. What are those...

Jonkler's hot air balloon filled with laughing gas.

6 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Seriously, all I want out of this theme is the Bat, Batpod, and Batman, Catwoman, and Bane from TDKR :( 

The Batpod and buildable figure looks genuinely fantastic. But it always hurts like a brick when something gets covered via buildable figures and not system scale sets.

We still need Two-face and Ras Al Ghul

4 hours ago, legoturtle said:
  Hide contents

IFA11038BatmobileOPCPrintedBG_Robin_sRec

Blue is a better choice. 

Do we know why those 2 popular YouTubers had to take DC reviews off?

I wondered what look off about it to me, they should of printed the windshield,  

5 hours ago, legoturtle said:

The flying machines are police blimps, which honestly wouldn’t be a bad idea for a set, although I have 0 idea how you could design one out of Lego

(guys we might be free of the jonkling, he’s asking somewhat rational questions!)

Posted (edited)

Well I am just saying if you look that Blue Batmobile in the ART set... what you see? And what we got? MAYBE there are bigger plans... we might get whole Gotham City ... piece by piece.

Edited by legoturtle

7 hours ago, legoturtle said:

The helicopters in the intro of the BTAS theme, of course. And helicopters also make in appearance in “On leather wings.” 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I would love a new Poison ivy from BTAS, if they are to do another wave we should deffo get robin.

If there are a wave of TDK sets, which next year is the 20 year anniversary for begins a Batpod in minifig scale should come before a Tumbler.

I think next year will be like 2013 some batman sets and then 3 sets from the new superman film. Plus a D2C set, could be daily bugle, could be BTAS Batmobile, Could be Arkham or we could be disappointed again with a buildable Batarang 

Edited by BatDeanj