Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Well, it is 100 % Batman mech because polybag is also. It goes like that. Polybag mech is terrible BUT lets hope batman mech is decent.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wholeheartedly believe lego is trying to phase out fabric elements. This is how it starts.

This isn't a joke, I legitimately believe they have been/are now testing the waters to see if they can do it.

That seems like an overreaction to me. We've had rubber capes in the superhero theme since 2019 and the sky wasn't falling then. Plus there's been plenty of minifigures released this year that are still using fabric elements including Gotham Skyline Batman, Ronan, Magneto, Darth Vader, Fives, Kelleran Beq, Darth Malak, Qui-Gon, Saw Gerrera, Nubs, Film Noir Detective, Vampire Knight, Dr. Liet-Kynes and Baron Harkonnen.

Chances are they're not going anywhere. :classic:

5 minutes ago, wesker said:

That seems like an overreaction to me. We've had rubber capes in the superhero theme since 2019 and the sky wasn't falling then. Plus there's been plenty of minifigures released this year that are still using fabric elements including Gotham Skyline Batman, Ronan, Magneto, Darth Vader, Fives, Kelleran Beq, Darth Malak, Qui-Gon, Saw Gerrera, Nubs, Film Noir Detective, Vampire Knight, Dr. Liet-Kynes and Baron Harkonnen.

Chances are they're not going anywhere. :classic:

I'm not saying they're making some sort of immediate play, I'm saying this is further evidence that they're planning on phasing them out. We went from it only being for the exclusive and rubbery-in-real-life keaton mold to the dr strange cape and now non-keaton Batman and Thor are both getting them allegedly.

I don't think we'll never see fabric again after 2025 or something, but I am saying between the expanding rubber capes and the removal of kamas, I believe there's pretty sufficent evidence that lego's been trying to at the very least significantly reduce the number of fabric elements.

Looks like I was right. Brickclicker says it has a display stand/info plaque. 

2 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Looks like I was right. Brickclicker says it has a display stand/info plaque. 

Yes. It probably has. Same than 66' and for example 89' minifigure scale versions. that is great thing...

GUYS!! Where can I find this helmet for batman? custom one...

Spoiler

Hope they can use the Lego Batman Movie armor/helmet mould(s) for Mr. Freeze. I think that 2017 piece works best. I hate when they use Mysterios head piece in clear for Freeze. it looks way too tight like it's suffocating him and provides an awkward silhouette. I actually think the piece they used for Sandy Cheeks should be given a try because its larger and would give the figure more room to breath, so to speak. Maybe Sandy's helmet would have the reverse effect and be too large. Either way I'm very curious to see how he turns out. Also hoping Harley has a different expression, like a malicious laugh/snark. 

2 hours ago, legoturtle said:

GUYS!! Where can I find this helmet for batman? custom one..

The guy literally says that in the video you linked?

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

It is a bit weird why LEGO won't use this mask? ... 

I think lego normally goes based off of ear length for which cowl they give batman. On the  Sprang-Jones scale, Pattinson's are about a 6. The small ear cowls are usually used for Sprang-Jones 1-3 like Adam West or new 52. The long ear cowls are used for 5-8 like Keaton's or Bale's. The newest iteration of the cowl has mid ears around an S-J of 5 which is good for BTAS Batman. The shaping of Pattinson's cowl is more form fitting so it kind of didn't really look like any cowl type, but going off ear length, the one we got probably was the best choice.

This is the Sprang-Jones scale for anyone wondering:

https://comicsalliance.com/batman-ears-investigation/

Edited by glucklegobatman

For those of you hoping for a BTAS Arkham or something, check brick_clicker on Instagram. You, like me, will be sorely disappointed.

28 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

For those of you hoping for a BTAS Arkham or something, check brick_clicker on Instagram. You, like me, will be sorely disappointed.

Well F***.

Oh well at least it’s a variant that hasn’t been seen for a while. But why only one Batman figure?! They should have added Classic TV Robin as a extra figure, or better yet Classic TV Batgirl.

33 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

On the other hand, fans of Batman '66, like me, are pretty pleased. I'm glad it's not $200+ like the UCS Batmobile '89, Batwing '89, and Tumbler '05. I've skipped most of the recent Icons vehicles because I can't afford to buy everything I want, but I may end up getting this one - next year. The parts count is pretty good for the price point, too.

I think we are now far removed from large minifigure scale sets for DC/Batman. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I'll reserve judgement until it's released.

Posted (edited)

Out of all the Batmobiles they could have done, they chose the worst one, I like it in minifigure scale but not a D2C of that version, A Battinson,Batfleck,BTAS or a TDKT set like The Bat with Bane and Catwoman would have been 100x better

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

You have to think how marketing thinks / works?

Shadow Box, Art Set, BIG vehicle sets... YES! For adults... those who watched 66' show from TV and are now 40-50 years old. Money to spend sets like that.

40 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Out of all the Batmobiles they could have done, they chose the worst one, I like it in minifigure scale but not a D2C of that version, A Battinson,Batfleck,BTAS or a TDKT set like The Bat with Bane and Catwoman would have been 100x better

Objectively bad take!! Gorilla army, attack!!

🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

20 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

Shadow Box, Art Set, BIG vehicle sets... YES! For adults... those who watched 66' show from TV and are now 40-50 years old. Money to spend sets like that.

I don't know how to break this to you, but the 60's were 60 years ago. If someone had watched the show as it aired, they'd be on their 60's

I feel like I’m going crazy. I know it’s just a kids toy but woww this is so annoying. Over sized vehicles with 1-3 figures is the norm yet it never fails to disappoint me when it’s announced/confirmed! This theme is so terrible I’m beyond disappointed. My goodness this is so bad lol.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s one of the least surprising things they could’ve done :laugh_hard: Where’s Robin though?!

I'm surprised by the fact that it's not terrible. This is a very normal choice, and while the lack of a second figure isn't great I'm kind of surprised there are any figures.

34 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

The general sentiment of "some sets are meant for adults" is correct, but the shadow box did not do well. People generally speaking didn't like it, and as a result, it's retiring really early for a set of it's price point.

Also, and this is super minor, but someone who watched the 66' show as a kid as it aired would be, at the youngest, around 66 years old themselves. Still will work for those who saw reruns, but the nostalgia factor of stuff from the 60s is going to stop working for lego pretty soon- if it hasn't already.

Some adults like me have watched when I was child 60's Batman TV-show. I remember how Joker was scary. How Penguin had his submarine. Batman & Robin. AND also that car. So for some of us that kind of set could be a dream come true.

44 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Objectively bad take!! Gorilla army, attack!!

🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

You're gonna feel like an idiot when Adam West pulls out the anti gorrila spray. You think shark repellent's the only thing in his belt?

1 minute ago, legoturtle said:

Some adults like me have watched when I was child 60's Batman TV-show. I remember how Joker was scary. How Penguin had his submarine. Batman & Robin. AND also that car. So for some of us that kind of set could be a dream come true.

Sure, but it's not like we've never had 60s batman content before. There was the excellent 60s batcave that ACTUALLY HAD most of the stuff you mention, and then the more recent 60s batmobile that actually included joker and not just batman. 

I'm not saying this set will do worse than the shadow box, but I don't think it'll do nearly as well as the Pattmobile, the BTASmobile, etc.

Well I have 66' Batcave. BUT still they made collectors edition 66' Batmobile which was a good thing. Now we get BIG size. Similar idea than before, 89' and Tumbler. Minifigure scale and Super Size Scale.

We are very lucky if we get Arkham Asylum never ever again...

well Hotwheels still belts out the 66 on the yearly basis. 

I'm just surprised it's been released in 2024 when 2026 is 60 years. but then I remembered they completely forgot about the Superhero anniversary as well. 

I was looking forward to a Arkham, but there is always next year  then the year after and after....

next year is 

Batman Forever 30 years - A D2C Batmobile would be ideal (the movie was a hit)

Batman Begins 20 years- maybe a brickheadz double pack will do or dare I say it another Tumbler.

overall I'm just happy it's a DC set all. 

2 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Well I have 66' Batcave. BUT still they made collectors edition 66' Batmobile which was a good thing. Now we get BIG size. Similar idea than before, 89' and Tumbler. Minifigure scale and Super Size Scale.

We are very lucky if we get Arkham Asylum never ever again...

I think they will release one eventually. It's Batman related, and Batman sells. 

5 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

it's a classic, not the worst, and the 66 small scale sold out everywhere years back. It makes sense from there end $$$. but... I woukd like some those bat vehicles to be released as well, even the comics range, 

e.g. Frank Millers the Dark Knight Returns Bat tanks  / Sean Murphy's White Knight Batmobile /The Cult  Bat Monster Truck. 

The back catalogue of bat vehicles is huge and also I miss the lego bat vehicles in smaller sets e.g bat sub, bay kayak 

so many wonderful toys...

9 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Batman Forever 30 years - A D2C Batmobile would be ideal (the movie was a hit)

This is just straight up a delusional take.

I love Batman Forever for what it is, but who would want to spend 200€ in a huge version of one of the ugliest Batmobiles? 

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I think we are now far removed from large minifigure scale sets for DC/Batman. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I'll reserve judgement until it's released.

a Batman Animated Series woukd have been the choice I was thinking if they went vehicle D2C, with minifgs released from teases from the Skyline set.

but yes, reverse judgement until it's released 

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

This is just straight up a delusional take.

I love Batman Forever for what it is, but who would want to spend 200€ in a huge version of one of the ugliest Batmobiles? 

it's not ugly,  have you looked at it in depth,  the design is unique and has 90s vibes. i like it. but everyone is entitled to there own opinion.