Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

43247 is the most intriguing with it's high piece count. Curious as to what set that could be.

Wonder if that's the Donald statue.

2 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I imagine most of those are minidoll sets. 

43247 is the most intriguing with it's high piece count. Curious as to what set that could be.

Isn’t that the big Simba Survey set? 

Interesting to see that we're suddenly getting two Simba sets in June — 43243 with 222 pieces, and 43247 with 1445 pieces.

The first one is not a BrickHead, since it would have a different set number.

5 hours ago, bRICK99 said:

40720 Mini Sleeping Beauty castle 528 pieces 

I wonder what option they will choose this time: no figure, minifigure or minidoll? So far they have made the three options for the three mini sets we currently have.

6 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

As @THELEGOBATMAN points out, that‘s the Simba figure from the survey leak :wink:

It‘s definitely intriguing we‘re getting two Simba sets. Wonder what the small one‘s gonna be like :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

As @THELEGOBATMAN points out, that‘s the Simba figure from the survey leak :wink:

It‘s definitely intriguing we‘re getting two Simba sets. Wonder what the small one‘s gonna be like :laugh:

Thanks everyone for confirming that. The Lion King has its 30th Anniversary this year which may explain the focused attention on it with two sets.

I was hoping this larger set might turn out to be a Pride Rock set with animal figures of the main characters. Ever since we got Dumbo and Bambi, I was hoping we could get Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa, etc. Maybe a Rafiki minifigure too since he's the only character who could probably get away with an actual minifig. But since this is the Simba figure, a larger set like Pride Rock is out of the question for now.

On 1/17/2024 at 8:40 PM, hikouki said:

It serves Lego’s purpose.

They make lackluster sets then blame the market that there isn’t any business out there.

I guarantee you that Lego's purpose is just trying to make the best selling sets they can.

There will be new ideas to experiment with now an again, but it's to see if those ideas will sell well, if not they get the chop, like videyo did.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Really inetresting how we're getting two buildable Simbas on the same day.

Since I don't care much for a 130€ one, I'm really glad we're getting a 20€ alternative. 

On 1/19/2024 at 12:15 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Dopey from the Snow White set leaked!! Kinda weird to see the elf hatpiece, but it makes sense. His ears are a defining characteristic, after all. 

Tiny bit creepy, but I like it! The kiss print is a nice touch :laugh_hard:

Also, the Maleficent Dragon (43240) is coming in June! The Donald Duck figure is now the only set from the survey leak left :laugh:

Having a tough time tracking down the leak on IG due to the limited search feature. Which IG account(s) posted?

45 minutes ago, DisneyLego said:

Having a tough time tracking down the leak on IG due to the limited search feature. Which IG account(s) posted?

Exabricks had it in his story, but that‘s now gone. Brick Clicker included the picture in his latest news video though (at around the 3:50 mark) :thumbup:

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exabricks had it in his story, but that‘s now gone. Brick Clicker included the picture in his latest news video though (at around the 3:50 mark) :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Jarreth2 said:

@DisneyLego google search - Lego Leaks Reddit Dopey .. that should find it 👍🏼

Appreciate it!

I am a bit confused about the new dragon set. Some videos say it is not the leaked one from the survey and that it has minidolls, but others keep saying it's the one whose image leaked. For an 80$ set, I really hope it has a Philipp minifinigure.

6 hours ago, Aramar said:

I am a bit confused about the new dragon set. Some videos say it is not the leaked one from the survey and that it has minidolls, but others keep saying it's the one whose image leaked. For an 80$ set, I really hope it has a Philipp minifinigure.

There will be a nuclear fallout in this thread if it turns out to be minidoll based.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A new picture of Grumpy and Dopey has leaked! Dopey does have a more normal-looking alternative face :laugh:

I like the new face for Dopey, but I don't recognise grumpy on that figure...

1 hour ago, Aramar said:

I like the new face for Dopey, but I don't recognise grumpy on that figure...

Maybe because he's missing his beard? :laugh:

16 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Maybe because he's missing his beard? :laugh:

And his nose! But yeah, I hope with the beard it looks better.

7 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

@JeanGreyForever .. point me in the right direction please ? 😁

Exabricks has it on his IG stories.

He's also confirmed that the Snow White featured in the set will be the exact same one as the previous minifigure which is what I was expecting although also disappointing. I was hoping for a more movie accurate Snow White like your profile pic. The tendency with the Snow White minfigs (between Snow White, the prince, and now Grumpy) seems to be to use brighter, lighter colors.

@JeanGreyForever .. brilliant .. thank you for that .. I’m liking the new face for Dopey and agree with the Grumpy’s hat thing .. I suppose if it bothers me I might use the bald head piece from Stan Shunpike ( I think ) from the Harry Potter Knight Bus .. looks good so far though EDIT .. of course who ever took the photo could have used the wrong hat on Grumpy .. Happy’s hat is that colour ( looking at animated screen caps.com ) 😁

Edited by Jarreth2

40 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

@JeanGreyForever .. brilliant .. thank you for that .. I’m liking the new face for Dopey and agree with the Grumpy’s hat thing .. I suppose if it bothers me I might use the bald head piece from Stan Shunpike ( I think ) from the Harry Potter Knight Bus .. looks good so far though EDIT .. of course who ever took the photo could have used the wrong hat on Grumpy .. Happy’s hat is that colour ( looking at animated screen caps.com ) 😁

Stan Shunpike is the conductor who wears purple. I think you mean Ernie Prang, the driver, who is bald. Good catch because that bald hairpiece could work for all of the dwarfs without their hats minus Dopey.

Hopefully it was just another dwarf's hat like you said. Happy's hat color is closer to what's pictured on Grumpy right now but his hat is also supposed to stick up. All the dwarfs have hats that point upwards except for Grumpy, Sleepy, and Sneezy. I think it's more likely they just didn't bother with the colors like the way Prince Florian's hair was reddish brown instead of dark brown.