Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

There’s also news on insta that the malificent set will have mini dolls 

It’s cool that the dragon will have a molded head but the set will look very different to the survey version 

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It’s cool that the dragon will have a molded head but the set will look very different to the survey version 

Because these are two separate sets :wink: The survey set was either cancelled or comes out in 2025, same as the Donald figure :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Because these are two separate sets :wink: The survey set was either cancelled or comes out in 2025, same as the Donald figure :shrug_oh_well:

Let's hope. I know there are two Lion King sets this year but let's hope we do get a second Sleeping Beauty set, whenever it comes out. It would be a shame to not get Prince Phillip.

The minidoll set being less than half the piece count makes sense though.

Being a Disney minifigure fan really is just hoping for the best but preparing for the minidolls anyway.

4 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Let's hope. I know there are two Lion King sets this year but let's hope we do get a second Sleeping Beauty set, whenever it comes out. It would be a shame to not get Prince Phillip.

The minidoll set being less than half the piece count makes sense though.

3 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

Being a Disney minifigure fan really is just hoping for the best but preparing for the minidolls anyway.

My only reason for buying the sets are the minifigs, and maybe the build.

If they don't release the minifig set this year (or at all), then I can focus my resources on LOTR, and some other themes that I collect.

4 hours ago, hikouki said:

My only reason for buying the sets are the minifigs, and maybe the build.

If they don't release the minifig set this year (or at all), then I can focus my resources on LOTR, and some other themes that I collect.

I think the only Disney set this year guaranteed to have minifigs is The Nightmare Before Christmas set.

I'm curious about the minifig lineup for that because there are a lot and the Hocus Pocus set originally had a bunch too but the finalized design cut out several characters. I'm wondering if the same thing will happen to the Nightmare set. And popular characters like Oogie Boogie and the Mayor of Halloweentown aren't even in the original set design. Has there ever been a case where a Lego Ideas set ended up featuring more minifigs than originally approved?

2 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Has there ever been a case where a Lego Ideas set ended up featuring more minifigs than originally approved?

At least one, the Home Alone set. The initial idea only had 3 minifigs (Kevin, Marv, and Harry) while the final set also includes the mother and the neighbour :classic:

I honestly don't see a world where the Nightmare Before Christmas set doesn't come with Oogie Boogie. He's the 2nd/3rd most popular character from the film and there's no way Lock Shock and Barrel make it in but not him in what will most likely be the only Nightmare Before Christmas set we get.

Best case scenario: we get Jack, Sally, Zero, Finkelstein, Lock, Shock, Barrel, Oogie, Santa Jack.

Worst case scenario: we get Jack, Sally, Finkelstein, Zero

17 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

At least one, the Home Alone set. The initial idea only had 3 minifigs (Kevin, Marv, and Harry) while the final set also includes the mother and the neighbour :classic:

That makes sense considering the size and price of the final set. Only 3 minifigs would have seemed very underwhelming.

2 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

I honestly don't see a world where the Nightmare Before Christmas set doesn't come with Oogie Boogie. He's the 2nd/3rd most popular character from the film and there's no way Lock Shock and Barrel make it in but not him in what will most likely be the only Nightmare Before Christmas set we get.

Best case scenario: we get Jack, Sally, Zero, Finkelstein, Lock, Shock, Barrel, Oogie, Santa Jack.

Worst case scenario: we get Jack, Sally, Finkelstein, Zero

I can see Santa Claus and/or Jack in his Sandy Claws outfit being omitted.

And Oogie Boogie's popularity is also why I can't see him being snubbed.

Winnie the Pooh’s house has 4 minifigures but it included a molded Elmer. 

So I would assume Nightmare Before Christmas set with Jack, Sally, Finkestein, Oogie and Zero. Not sure about Lock, Shock and Barrel. I mean I get that they are well known  but still…

I am not sure about Oogie as a minifigure or bigfig.

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

Winnie the Pooh’s house has 4 minifigures but it included a molded Elmer. 

So I would assume Nightmare Before Christmas set with Jack, Sally, Finkestein, Oogie and Zero. Not sure about Lock, Shock and Barrel. I mean I get that they are well known  but still…

I am not sure about Oogie as a minifigure or bigfig.

Winnie the Pooh's original submission included Pooh, Piglet, Rabbit and brick built Tigger and Eeyore. Eeyore ended up getting a mold while Tigger was made into a minifigure. By all accounts, the original minifigures made it to the final set.

The original submission for Nightmare Before Christmas included: Jack, Sally, Zero, Dr. Finkelstein, Lock, Shock, Barrell, Santa, Jack Santa. The question is would any of this figures get cut especially if too many new molds are needed and would they add Oogie Boogie given he is super popular but not in the initial submission. 

Just now, OttoRiver said:

Winnie the Pooh's original submission included Pooh, Piglet, Rabbit and brick built Tigger and Eeyore. Eeyore ended up getting a mold while Tigger was made into a minifigure. By all accounts, the original minifigures made it to the final set.

The original submission for Nightmare Before Christmas included: Jack, Sally, Zero, Dr. Finkelstein, Lock, Shock, Barrell, Santa, Jack Santa. The question is would any of this figures get cut especially if too many new molds are needed and would they add Oogie Boogie given he is super popular but not in the initial submission. 

The set designers did say that they were heavily pushing for Christopher Robin and wanted to include him. And that ultimately, the sheer number of new molds for the other characters didn't make it feasible to include Christopher Robin as well, which is why he didn't make it into the final set. So it seems like they're fine with adding new characters not in the original design if they can afford it.

TNBC is somewhat lucky in this sense because Jack and Sally already exist. Lock, Shock, and Barrel are pretty popular in merchandise but the fact that they would all likely require new molds means they might be omitted. I fee like Santa might be skipped as well. He has a very particular figure in the movie and that won't be able to translate over into a blocky minifigure all that well.

The set designers did say that they were heavily pushing for Christopher Robin and wanted to include him. And that ultimately, the sheer number of new molds for the other characters didn't make it feasible to include Christopher Robin as well, which is why he didn't make it into the final set. So it seems like they're fine with adding new characters not in the original design if they can afford it.

TNBC is somewhat lucky in this sense because Jack and Sally already exist. Lock, Shock, and Barrel are pretty popular in merchandise but the fact that they would all likely require new molds means they might be omitted. I fee like Santa might be skipped as well. He has a very particular figure in the movie and that won't be able to translate over into a blocky minifigure all that well.

Well, Oggie Boogie is pretty big and they won’t be able to transfer him into a minifigure too. All they do is to make new molds for both Oogie and Santa. 

I feel like they probably would print “masks” on minifigure heads for Lock, Barrel  and Shock and only make hairpiece/hats for hem. Mask molds might be pointless.  Of course Shock’s mask has a pointed nose so… I don’t know. 

2 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

Thanks for pointing out! I forgot that Winnie the Pooh submission had two buildable Tigger and Eeyore. 

There are some new Dreamzz sets have been revealed today ,, there seems to be a new raven mould .. which would make a great Diablo to accompany Maleficent 😁

There seems to be some mention somewhere that there will be a micro build park attraction and it will be Sleeping Beauty's castle? If so, I wonder if it will have any minifig? The two park attractions before had one, but the last two did not, albeit they were movie venues instead of park attractions.

New leak is suggesting it will have an Aurora minifigure, same one from the CMF. Not sure how to feel if its a repeat figure or how Lego can't seem to be consistent with this line of sets.

41 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

New leak is suggesting it will have an Aurora minifigure, same one from the CMF. Not sure how to feel if its a repeat figure or how Lego can't seem to be consistent with this line of sets.

Man, if they had only made Briar Rose for the CMF, it would have went well with the owl. Then if they made this mini-castle with an exclusive princess Aurora, then it would be a blockbuster bestseller! Oh well...

On 4/13/2024 at 1:53 PM, hikouki said:

There seems to be some mention somewhere that there will be a micro build park attraction and it will be Sleeping Beauty's castle? If so, I wonder if it will have any minifig? The two park attractions before had one, but the last two did not, albeit they were movie venues instead of park attractions.

Disney Cstle wiht Mickey
Haunted Manison with the Ghost Host

I guess it might make sense for Aurora to go with Sleeping Beauty’s Castle since there is one in Disneyland in Califonria. 

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

Disney Cstle wiht Mickey

I guess it might make sense for Aurora to go with Sleeping Beauty’s Castle since there is one in Disneyland in Califonria. 

It seems to be the trend that the sets based on the parks get minifigs.  

It feels like a double insult though since not only are we getting a reused minifig (one that I said from day one, I felt was an awful depiction of Aurora. Wrong hair color, wrong hair length, no molded crown, back printing on the torso, white collar, wrong shade of pink, etc.) but instead of giving us a Sleeping Beauty minifigure-scale castle like we wanted, we're only getting a microscale castle.

I remember people were upset about Haunted Mansion as well, that there was no minifigure-scale set, just a microscale one.

Reused Aurora? Really?

7 hours ago, hikouki said:

Man, if they had only made Briar Rose for the CMF, it would have went well with the owl. Then if they made this mini-castle with an exclusive princess Aurora, then it would be a blockbuster bestseller! Oh well...

Took the words out of my mouth. I do like the Aurora that we got with the CMF - I'm only familiar with the broad strokes of the movie and the character, so I thought that the minifigure looked good and wasn't bothered by inaccuracies to the movie - but having a Briar Rose minifig, especially if a full princess dress minifig was in the pipeline, would have been much better. And it's not in the same boat as, say Snow White, who was locked to an expensive set and is being put into something cheaper - it's going from a $5 blind bag to a $35-40ish set, and most people who really wanted her would have gotten her at this point, either at retail or on Bricklink.

Ah, well... Another leak, another wave of waiting for Belle to come to the minifigure party...

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Lion King said:

Disney Cstle wiht Mickey

So, what attraction could be next, and with a minifig?

It seems to be the trend that the sets based on the parks get minifigs.  

It feels like a double insult though since not only are we getting a reused minifig (one that I said from day one, I felt was an awful depiction of Aurora. Wrong hair color, wrong hair length, no molded crown, back printing on the torso, white collar, wrong shade of pink, etc.) but instead of giving us a Sleeping Beauty minifigure-scale castle like we wanted, we're only getting a microscale castle.

I remember people were upset about Haunted Mansion as well, that there was no minifigure-scale set, just a microscale one.

Not to mention the fact that Sleeping Beauty is the only major princess that hasn't had her prince many any appearance yet. Although come to think of it, Belle is nowhere to be found.

1 hour ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Reused Aurora? Really?

Took the words out of my mouth. I do like the Aurora that we got with the CMF - I'm only familiar with the broad strokes of the movie and the character, so I thought that the minifigure looked good and wasn't bothered by inaccuracies to the movie - but having a Briar Rose minifig, especially if a full princess dress minifig was in the pipeline, would have been much better. And it's not in the same boat as, say Snow White, who was locked to an expensive set and is being put into something cheaper - it's going from a $5 blind bag to a $35-40ish set, and most people who really wanted her would have gotten her at this point, either at retail or on Bricklink.

Ah, well... Another leak, another wave of waiting for Belle to come to the minifigure party...

There was a precedent for reusing a Disney CMF. Donald was reused for the original castle.

To date, they have reused the following CMFs:

Tiana for the new castle.

Now possibly Sleeping Beauty for the mini Sleeping Beauty castle.

I am speculating that perhaps they will reuse Sorcerer Mickey for that Target set.

I wonder which other character they could possibly recycle. They gotta recoup the development cost of 18 minifigs, somehow!

And I also wonder which other minifigs from other sets get recycled. They reused Snow White from the new castle to her own cottage.  And Peter Pan from the anniversary train into the flight over London.

Edited by hikouki

37 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Not to mention the fact that Sleeping Beauty is the only major princess that hasn't had her prince many any appearance yet. Although come to think of it, Belle is nowhere to be found.

There was a precedent for reusing a Disney CMF. Donald was reused for the original castle.

To date, they have reused the following CMFs:

I am speculating that perhaps they will reuse Sorcerer Mickey for that Target set.

I wonder which other character they could possibly recycle. They gotta recoup the development cost of 18 minifigs, somehow!

And I also wonder which other minifigs from other sets get recycled. They reused Snow White from the new castle to her own cottage.  And Peter Pan from the anniversary train into the flight over London.

There isn't a Prince Eric minifigure either besides Phillip. And as you mentioned, Belle and the Beast.

Donald being reused from the CMF for the castle was a weird choice. Mickey, Minnie, and Daisy all got their park outfits for the castle set, but Donald didn't for some reason. If you look at his parks outfit, it's different from his classic outfit in the CMF. The lining on his sleeves and collar is white instead of yellow, and he's got white buttons on his shirt.

I'm hoping we get a new Sorcerer Mickey one day, especially since we have three different versions of Steamboat Willie Mickey. Sorcerer Mickey is another minifig I'm disappointed with. His shoes should be brown instead of yellow and the sparkles were unnecessary. But my main issue with him is his eyes. His pupils are way too big and really look out of place next to Minnie or the other Mickey minifigs. Honestly, if I didn't know better, I would think it's one of those cheap Lego knockoff figures instead of an actual Lego minifig.

Florian and the Witch were also recycled in the cottage set. And Tinker Bell was also recycled, alongside Peter Pan, from the train set in the London set.

@hikouki, I don’t know. I never buy or collect mini attraction sets like Disney Castle and Haunted Manison.  Just my wild guess for Sleeping Beauty’s Castle from Disneyland and it  coulld come with Aurora. How about a big golfball? Lol

Looks like a few more rumors are confirming minidolls for the Dragon Maleficent set, but sounds like it is based off the original film rather than the Disney Plus special with Aurora and Philip included. I'll probably pick it up for the dragon build alone but man, disappointed. Especially as they just released Philip and Aurora as minidolls last year.

6 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

Looks like a few more rumors are confirming minidolls for the Dragon Maleficent set, but sounds like it is based off the original film rather than the Disney Plus special with Aurora and Philip included. I'll probably pick it up for the dragon build alone but man, disappointed. Especially as they just released Philip and Aurora as minidolls last year.

Minidoll set based off the original film... does this mean that if the minifig set were released at a future date, it will be based off a remake of some sort? Clamshell all over again?

One year of excitement over the dragon and then this anti-climax. At least I have the Barad-dur and X-mansion to look forward to! Oh wait, they are not classic Disney! LOL