Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

48 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

It's so pretty.

With all this talk, do we think there are any films where sets just don't work, best to get the characters in a CMF or variety type set? I'm just thinking of something like Bambi where no scene makes itself a compelling set and Bambi showing up in the camera set is probably the only way we would have gotten him.

Probably The Hunchback of Notre Dame since we're getting an Architecture set for Notre Dame. With that covered, I wouldn't expect to see any other locations or scenes from the movie that could get their own set. A CMF or variety type set (like a parade set) would be the best way to get Quasimodo and Esmeralda. Or maybe another villains icons type set to get Frollo or whatever the set would be themed after.

Speaking of Bambi, I'd love to get Thumper and Flower. As well as Timothy Mouse from Dumbo. Wish we had more animal characters including Simba, Timon, Pumbaa, Figaro, Jaq, Gus, Abu, Meeko, Percy, Pongo, Perdita, Lady, Tramp, etc.

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

Agreed, I don’t think they would do village set either.  Plus, we don’t see too. Much inside the village buildings except for library. So I would imagine that Lego do “makeup” to creature interiors following Diagon Alley set’s example. 

However, I think Belle and Maurice’s cottage is more fitting to be a set or diorama. It does have 3 different occasions - one with Gastron’s failed  marriage attempt, one with angry mob, and one with Maurice’s failed invention (at the very beginning of he movie). However, we have Snow White Cottage and Sanderson Sisters’ Cottage on shelves, i don’t think they will do another cottage at the moment. 

So in, in my opinion, ballroom, the dining room, the library, and the Beast’s chamber are more potential. But I am leaning toward ballroom diorama more than others. The ballroom is such a magicians place to see!

If Disney movies got regular waves of sets like Star Wars and Harry Potter does, a village set for BATB could be likely in the Diagon Alley style. But considering we're lucky to get a few sets from specific films, if we ever did get a BATB set, it would probably be the ballroom scene. 

I also think Lego is probably done with Disney cottages for now. Maybe in a few years we could see Briar Rose's cottage or Belle's. Another good reason to portray a scene like Gaston's failed marriage attempt is we could get a new Gaston in his wedding suit.

Honestly, I'd love to see a full-scale Beauty and the Beast castle like the Disney castles we've gotten so far. That way, it could feature every major room from the movie so we don't have to pick and choice between the ballroom, library, dining room, West Wing, etc. For minifigs, we could also get the enchanted objects in human form. Some stained glass pieces as well from the beginning or ending of the movie.

12 hours ago, hikouki said:

From this year, moving forward, I wonder if we could expect Lego to be making a set based on a classic? I know we could (would) be getting the Maleficent dragon later this year. But what could be next? No rumors yet.

For next year, with the release of Zootopia 2, I wish we get a Zootopia Police Station set with minifigures for Nick, Judy, chief Bogo, Clawhauser, Gazelle and Bellwether. I know it would require many new moulded heads, but I'm sure it would be a popular set.

Also I'd love to get some Jungle Book temple with Mowgli, Baloo, king Louis and maybe Bagheera. 

On 2/14/2024 at 7:54 PM, Jarreth2 said:

@cosmic I thought about getting the Bambi ‘minifigure’ to go in the set, but thought it would just look too much like Bambi had gatecrashed the set lol. I’d forgotten about the tortoise of course !! Shame we don’t have one we could use.

The only thing I have a differing opinion on is the dwarf heads .. I’m glad they’re not moulded. I think the general Lego ruling seems to be if you’re a humanoid character you have a minifigure head .. animal or otherwise .. moulded. 

@BrickBob Studpants I keep checking the website for the set number or using the key words Snow White and nothing !! 🙄

Haha nothing wrong with a little crossover. I actually wouldn’t mind a House of Mouse set so I can justify crossing over all my various Disney figures in a more formal setting.

21 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

@Lion King Oh don’t get me wrong I too want both Belle and the Beast, I just meant Belle is the only Princess currently missing. I think the only way Lego will put both of them in a set it’ll be when it’s their own set similar to this years Snow White. Not sure which location they’d pick .. my best guess would be the ballroom scene. 

Maybe they will do the castle, once the current Disney Castle is retired? At least that doesn´t seem that unlikely to me. 

On 3/2/2024 at 2:14 AM, JeanGreyForever said:

Screenshot-2024-03-02-035952.png

• cocky grin face from Cedric Diggory/Solo

Which version of Cedric is this mini head? All the versions I could find have the wrinkled face...

17 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

• Geppetto's Workshop from Pinocchio
  • Mad Tea Party from Alice in Wonderland
  • Ballroom diorama from Beauty and the Beast
  • Cherry Tree Lane from Mary Poppins
  • The Jolly Roger from Peter Pan (especially since there's been a lot of requests for a Disney pirate ship and Lego seems to love going back to Peter Pan. What people really want is a revamp of the Black Pearl from POTC but until there are more POTC movies again, I don't see that happening. And even if we do get more POTC movies, they likely won't feature Jack Sparrow anymore since Johnny Depp said he refuses to work with Disney again when they didn't support him, so I can see a new movies without him getting the Dial of Destiny treatment and no sets assuming those movies are ever even made).

BATB has so many iconic scenes that you can get away with making just about any of them into a diorama or set. The ballroom but also the West Wing, dining room, library, etc.

I could even see a village set like the Medieval Market Village, featuring Maurice and Belle's cottage, Gaston's tavern, the bookshop, the bakery, etc. with a bunch of minifigs based on the villagers like Belle, Maurice, Gaston, LeFou, the Bimbettes, the librarian, and the baker. You could throw in lots of animals too like the sheep at the fountain, the pigs and chickens at Belle's farm, and of course Philippe the horse. Maurice's contraption that Chip uses at the end to save Belle and Maurice from being locked up in the cellar could also find a place here.

I would definitely buy those sets!!!

17 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

I would throw serious money at a Mary Poppins set but I understand its a more niche IP than others. Fun fact: this year is the 60th anniversary of the film. Honestly though, I feel like a Jolly Holiday set has more chances of getting made. The costumes are a bit more vibrant and unique than their London garb and are familiar to those who go to the parks. Penguins in bow ties, a merry go round or a small farm build would sell as a playset more than the standard doll house.

But Id be happy to get them in a CMF too.

I think Mary Poppins has the potential to appeal to older folks, and so there's that potential there. Just like SW appeals to a lot of adults!

16 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

It's probably the most iconic family film after The Wizard of Oz and Oz never got any sets either, so I wonder if that indicates that Lego thinks these films wouldn't be able to sell standalone sets.

Is there a license issue with Oz? I thought I read someone's post here or at the CMF thread/s that there is some licensing issue for the classic movie, such that Lego could not make them (anymore)? We are desperately missing Glinda, as well as the Wizard himself.

14 hours ago, Lion King said:

Agreed, I don’t think they would do village set either.  Plus, we don’t see too. Much inside the village buildings except for library. So I would imagine that Lego do “makeup” to creature interiors following Diagon Alley set’s example. 

However, I think Belle and Maurice’s cottage is more fitting to be a set or diorama. It does have 3 different occasions - one with Gastron’s failed  marriage attempt, one with angry mob, and one with Maurice’s failed invention (at the very beginning of he movie). However, we have Snow White Cottage and Sanderson Sisters’ Cottage on shelves, i don’t think they will do another cottage at the moment. 

So in, in my opinion, ballroom, the dining room, the library, and the Beast’s chamber are more potential. But I am leaning toward ballroom diorama more than others. The ballroom is such a magicians place to see!

I would love for Disney not only to make sets based out of the Princesses being princesses, but also as being villagers, etc. I think it was @JeanGreyForever who mentioned that Aurora would have been a better candidate for CMF rather than the Sleeping Beauty princess version.

3 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Maybe they will do the castle, once the current Disney Castle is retired? At least that doesn´t seem that unlikely to me. 

Isn't this castle planned to be on shelves for quite some time? That is going to be a long wait! Come to think of it, they announced that they will re-package the castle in a non-100th design. I don't think that has already happened? Maybe stocks are not flying off the shelves that quick? Although I do seem to remember it being on backorder at some point.

4 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Isn't this castle planned to be on shelves for quite some time? That is going to be a long wait! Come to think of it, they announced that they will re-package the castle in a non-100th design. I don't think that has already happened? Maybe stocks are not flying off the shelves that quick? Although I do seem to remember it being on backorder at some point.

Haven´t heard about that and actually would wonder if they do this - I mean it isn´t completely unlikely or anything but I just don´t see it as necessary to do this.

On 3/2/2024 at 2:14 AM, JeanGreyForever said:

Screenshot-2024-03-02-035952.png

• cocky grin face from Cedric Diggory/Solo

Found this mini head!

It is actually from BTS Jimin!

3 hours ago, hikouki said:

I think Mary Poppins has the potential to appeal to older folks, and so there's that potential there. Just like SW appeals to a lot of adults!

Is there a license issue with Oz? I thought I read someone's post here or at the CMF thread/s that there is some licensing issue for the classic movie, such that Lego could not make them (anymore)? We are desperately missing Glinda, as well as the Wizard himself.

I would love for Disney not only to make sets based out of the Princesses being princesses, but also as being villagers, etc. I think it was @JeanGreyForever who mentioned that Aurora would have been a better candidate for CMF rather than the Sleeping Beauty princess version.

Yes, that's true for Mary Poppins. 

I had no idea that there could be a licensing issue with the MGM Oz movie. WB has the rights to The Wizard of Oz and they've never had a problem with Lego adapting their other properties like the Looney Tunes, DC and LOTR. I did think it was odd though that last year for WB's 100th Anniversary they never considered making a special Oz set. Maybe there is some merchandising issue with licensing because I remember a few years back there was lots of rumors and speculation about Oz sets. I would love to see a whole CMF series on Oz with the different types of munchkins plus the characters you listed. Dorothy could get her new hairstyle from the Emerald City.

If the wishing well in the Snow White set had been its own separate GWP, i wonder if we could have gotten a minifig for her in her rags. And yes, I thought the CMF could have given us Aurora as Briar Rose and the Maleficent set could have featured her in her princess gown (preferably blue).

Wouldn't it be more expensive to repackage a set? 

3 hours ago, hikouki said:

Found this mini head!

It is actually from BTS Jimin!

Oops I'm so sorry, it is BTS Jimin! I'm actually using the Cedric head for my custom Tarzan and got them mixed up when I was writing out the parts. Cedric has the lines on his face to portray the angular nature of Disney's Tarzan's face without making him look too old. The cocky grin for Jimin seemed perfect for John Smith and has matching brown eyebrows as well (I saw a custom John Smith using Luke's face but John Smith doesn't have blonde eyebrows and his face isn't that naive and innocent either). The hairpiece Jimin used could also work for John Smith but in bright light yellow if the Thor hair isn't preferable.

I'm also using BTS Suga's head for Cinderella's prince, Henry. I thought Henry and Florian looked awful with the heads Lego gave them, way too old looking. Suga's head is generic enough and even has a rather practiced but bored alternate face that suits Henry when he's bored at the ball. For Florian, I'm using Frodo's head from Rivendell because he looks young and boyish enough to match Snow White. The alternate face doesn't have much use unless you consider him cursed by the Evil Queen though.

4 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Haven´t heard about that and actually would wonder if they do this - I mean it isn´t completely unlikely or anything but I just don´t see it as necessary to do this.

37 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Wouldn't it be more expensive to repackage a set? 

Hmm, you're right. But I think what they probably meant was that future production runs will be without the 100th anniversary logo.

There was even something like that on the Lego web site - to buy it now because future packaging will be different. (I remember thinking to myself that collectors would not necessarily jump on buying a copy just because of the packaging. LOL)

Jumping the gun a little here probably, but as mentioned before the Princesses in their ‘alternate’ outfits would be fantastic, There was an entry to the Lego Ideas competition by Bulldoozer featuring 3 storybooks and 3 minifigures of Snow White in rags, Cinderella in her ‘maids’ clothing and Briar Rose .. they were great. Would be very welcome to get Ariel in human form, Jasmine when she dresses to go to the market and Belle in her villager dress. 

It’s a great shame these might not be made ( but who knows ) https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/9c8bbdc4-3edb-46ef-be42-8ab173a9a94f/application/e71c1f95-b173-47c3-bc10-12710822410b

1 hour ago, Jarreth2 said:

Jumping the gun a little here probably, but as mentioned before the Princesses in their ‘alternate’ outfits would be fantastic, There was an entry to the Lego Ideas competition by Bulldoozer featuring 3 storybooks and 3 minifigures of Snow White in rags, Cinderella in her ‘maids’ clothing and Briar Rose .. they were great. Would be very welcome to get Ariel in human form, Jasmine when she dresses to go to the market and Belle in her villager dress. 

It’s a great shame these might not be made ( but who knows ) https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/9c8bbdc4-3edb-46ef-be42-8ab173a9a94f/application/e71c1f95-b173-47c3-bc10-12710822410b

Those are superb! Thanks for sharing! I remember browsing through the different submissions for that contest and there were so many wonderful choices but that one really is inspired. I would love to see storybook sets like that on the classic Walt Disney Princesses with them in their peasant dresses. Same for Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine. 

10 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

A bootleg brick company is selling some fairy tale books in this form, but of course without minifigs.

I do wish Lego would really give a thought to making these.

With Tron: Ares being announced for 2025, I'm wondering if we'll get sets for that since we did for Tron: Legacy. I would actually like to see a minifigure for the classic Tron.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

With Tron: Ares being announced for 2025, I'm wondering if we'll get sets for that since we did for Tron: Legacy. I would actually like to see a minifigure for the classic Tron.

'That's @JeanGreyForever, he fights for the Users!'

I hope we gets actual sets for TRON: Ares, but I temper that hope with the fact the TRON: Legacy set was only an Ideas product. The original TRON sets would be a dream come true, however - Light cycles, Light tanks, Flynn's Recognizer and the end MCP battle with giant Sark would be awesome to get in brick form! Sark's cruiser would also be great at microscale or even midi scale, like the SW ships we've been getting recently, and the Flynn Arcade would make a great modular building, with the hidden laser room as a GWP. (I think the solar-sailor might be a bit of a stretch though, because gravity is a thing, sadly.)

END OF LINE

8 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

'That's @JeanGreyForever, he fights for the Users!'

I hope we gets actual sets for TRON: Ares, but I temper that hope with the fact the TRON: Legacy set was only an Ideas product. The original TRON sets would be a dream come true, however - Light cycles, Light tanks, Flynn's Recognizer and the end MCP battle with giant Sark would be awesome to get in brick form! Sark's cruiser would also be great at microscale or even midi scale, like the SW ships we've been getting recently, and the Flynn Arcade would make a great modular building, with the hidden laser room as a GWP. (I think the solar-sailor might be a bit of a stretch though, because gravity is a thing, sadly.)

END OF LINE

I never realized that the Legacy set was a Lego Ideas set. That does make me rethink if Ares will get any Lego tie-ins. I know the Tron sequel has been many years in the making with lots of cancellations and revamps which reminds me a bit of the tumultuous history that Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny had and it didn't seem like Lego had any faith in making products for that sequel either. At least we got tie-in sets for some of the original movies though but Indiana Jones was already an established Lego franchise before that, with its own video games to boot.

I also remember hearing that the Tron Uprising show was cancelled, not because it wasn't successful, because it was actually popular, but the problem was that it was only popular with adults and not enough with kids. And Disney wanted kids to watch it so that they can sell merchandise and toys. That didn't happen so they cancelled the show after one season. If Disney already feels that Tron doesn't sell toys, I can see Lego skipping Ares. It's funny the Disney movies that did get Lego sets like Prince of Persia and Lone Ranger though.

All your ideas for sets for the classic movie sound great. What a shame that Star Wars and Indiana Jones can get so many sets from their original movies but not Tron. Even one collectible set, like the Batman 1989 set, to commemorate the original film would be nice. Maybe the best way to get a Tron set would be for someone to submit a Lego Ideas submission based on the original movie and for that to get accepted. I especially love the ideas for Flynn's Arcade, Sark's cruiser (whatever size it would end up being), and the final battle against the MCP with a large brick-built Sark. The solar sailor I feel would be a favorite.

So I came across a Dopey minifigure for sale in a facebook Lego group I’m a member off .. I wanted an extra one so I bought him, the seller also had the Bambi figure, so I got one of those too to add to the scene with the other forest critters, it works surprisingly well. Yeah it’s obvious that it’s Bambi, but as there are no actual Bambi sets as such it’ll just be a generic deer in the cottage scene. I also tried a pair of mid ‘teen’ legs ( from the newspaper boy ) on Dopey too so they could sit down at the table, doesn’t work at all ( only IMO of course ) makes him too tall. 😁👍🏼

The new trailer released today for Inside Out 2 reveals the new 4 emotions and they all look so cute. I wish we could get the 9 emotions as minifugres one day, although it would require many new moulded heads and probably a whole new mould for the body of one of them. I don't feel very confident with the Inside Out emotion cubes set that we are getting in May, but let's wait for it to be revealed before being too pessimistic. 

8 minutes ago, Aramar said:

The new trailer released today for Inside Out 2 reveals the new 4 emotions and they all look so cute. I wish we could get the 9 emotions as minifugres one day, although it would require many new moulded heads and probably a whole new mould for the body of one of them. I don't feel very confident with the Inside Out emotion cubes set that we are getting in May, but let's wait for it to be revealed before being too pessimistic. 

The embarrassment emotion would probably require need to be a bigfig. But based on the set price and description, if we even get 2 minifigs, we should count ourselves lucky. I'd like to see the five core emotions get minifigs at least.

So someone has already done it .. created a MOC back and base to the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Cottage .. I 'think' you need another set to create this though as I'm guessing many of the parts aren't freely available on bricklink etc yet. Full credit goes to the original creator James Diano. I'm seriously debating doing this ^_^

LEGO MOC Snow White Cottage (BASE & CLOSE BACK UPGRADE) by Metz | Rebrickable - Build with LEGO

To those who‘ve built the cottage: did you also have one extra part each for the bright light orange 1x2 slope pieces? I think @Ashnflash did as well, but they‘re not listed as extra parts on Bricklink…

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

To those who‘ve built the cottage: did you also have one extra part each for the bright light orange 1x2 slope pieces? I think @Ashnflash did as well, but they‘re not listed as extra parts on Bricklink…

The two are listed as extra on the Rebrickable parts page though:

https://rebrickable.com/sets/43242-1/snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-cottage/?spot=search_global#parts

On 3/14/2024 at 10:04 AM, vizzitor said:

The two are listed as extra on the Rebrickable parts page though:

https://rebrickable.com/sets/43242-1/snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-cottage/?spot=search_global#parts

Oh, thanks!! That’s good to know :thumbup: You saved me from inspecting every nook and cranny of the roof :laugh:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but New Elementary has an insta post re interview with LEGO Designer Ryan Van Woerkom. I would like to see the dwarves with their noses in the initial design. Shame they did not include the deer mentioned! I do think that the set missed a lot of animals (such as the deer, tortoise)

@roselemontea totally agree with you, it would be great to see some early concept ideas, especially the dwarfs with noses, although I can see what he means when he says they didn't look 'Lego' like .. I think there must have been a fine balance between the decision. I think they certainly should have included more animals, especially the deer and tortoise, but instead they included the well ?? Something from a totally different location ?? Hopefully if the recent leak of the preliminary renders of the Dungeons and Dragons CMF for September turn out to be real then there will be a little sparrow in dark tan we'll be able to add too :classic:

14 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

@roselemontea totally agree with you, it would be great to see some early concept ideas, especially the dwarfs with noses, although I can see what he means when he says they didn't look 'Lego' like .. I think there must have been a fine balance between the decision. I think they certainly should have included more animals, especially the deer and tortoise, but instead they included the well ?? Something from a totally different location ?? Hopefully if the recent leak of the preliminary renders of the Dungeons and Dragons CMF for September turn out to be real then there will be a little sparrow in dark tan we'll be able to add too :classic:

I imagine they would’ve been molded heads just like the Looney tunes and Muppets CMFs. If they were, I wouldn’t necessarily think they would look un-Lego-like. But perhaps having bespoke molds for each character would’ve cost too much.

I agree, they could have at least given us a deer!!!