Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Official pictures are out! I adore this set :wub: Sorry Didney castle (either version), but when it comes to my favourite Didney set, this one takes the cake!

So many cool details, the minifigs are awesome, and the build itself is outstanding! Also love that new 2x2 half-round tile piece. I can see that one becoming quite useful for other sets (and MOCs) :thumbup:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Anyone point me in the right direction please ? Can’t find it on the UK site ? Thanks 😁

I would've liked the back to be enclosed but this is a pretty perfect set. This is a good compromise to the lack of regular minifig sets this year.

Maybe we can get a classic WDAS set of this quality every year?

Edited by doclord

55 minutes ago, doclord said:

I would've liked the back to be enclosed but this is a pretty perfect set. This is a good compromise to the lack of regular minifig sets this year.

I was just thinking that. If they could yearly put out a set of this quality for a different movie while still making the minidoll sets, I would be happy.

47 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

I was just thinking that. If they could yearly put out a set of this quality for a different movie while still making the minidoll sets, I would be happy.

1 hour ago, doclord said:

Yes! Also crossed my mind back when this first leaked. A yearly minifig set in release order would be great. So long as they stick with the originals and go with minifigs, I really don’t see how they could go wrong with a standard annual set. Unless of course they completely botch the design.

Pinocchio and Fantasia would be the next two, which would make sense to repurpose the Pinocchio and Sorcerer Mickey minifigs..

Edited by DisneyLego

Only Happy and Doc look good to me

The other 5 are severely affected by the lack of nose

51 minutes ago, DisneyLego said:

Pinocchio and Fantasia would be the next two, which would make sense to repurpose the Pinocchio and Sorcerer Mickey minifigs..

A Monstro display set with Pinocchios family and a micro Jiminy would make sense, though I would prefer a Pleasure Island display.

While I wish they continued with more regular minifig sets after last year’s great anniversary range, a yearly D2C set on this level would be a good compromise :thumbup:

That's a fantastic looking set! Great details and builds across the board. But, it's well out of budget for me. 

1 hour ago, doclord said:

A Monstro display set with Pinocchios family and a micro Jiminy would make sense, though I would prefer a Pleasure Island display.

Both would be great options, however if they were to do a single set to represent the movie, I would see it being based on Geppetto’s workshop/house. 

Edited by DisneyLego

Honestly, an Adventures of Pinocchio set would be great. Gepetto's Workshop with side builds of Strombollis Caravan and the Coachaman's coach.

Include Pinocchio, microfig Jiminy, Gepetto, Blue Fairy, Cleo, Figaro, Honest John, Gideon, Strombolli, Coachman and Lampwick would be enough for me. Monstro would need to be brickbuilt and Pleasure Island would be easy enough to moc with all the carnival, funfair sets we've gotten over the years.

1 hour ago, JohnTPT17 said:

That's a fantastic looking set! Great details and builds across the board. But, it's well out of budget for me. 

It's well outside of my normal budget as well, but I might start putting some money aside to save up for it. One of the nice things about these big 18+ Collector's sets is that they typically have a longer shelf life than sets from Lego's regular range have. That should give me some time to find the $$.

Because it really is a great-looking set, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs has been one of my favorite Disney films since I was a kid.

After seeing the official images of the Snow White cottage I'm very happy with the set and I want to buy it, but I will wait until there's a big promo or maybe a Disney gift with purchase. Do you know if we might get one gwp this year too? or was it something unique for the 100th celebration?

On the other hand, I'm curious to see the maleficent dragon set. If it's good, this will be a great year for Disney classics. Since they are refusing minifigures, I pray for a tangled set someday with the Raps and Flynn minifigs from the castle.

And just imagine a Beauty and the Beast set with the same quality and amount of minifigures than the Snow White cottage... Lego take my money 💰

Edited by Aramar

I'm hoping they introduce more than one classic set each year.  Otherwise I'll be long gone before they ever get around to creating a big Lilo & Stitch set.

I'm also going to be waiting for a good promo before picking this one up but will definitely be getting it.  May even try to build a gem mine for the Dwarves.

1 hour ago, karrit said:

I'm hoping they introduce more than one classic set each year.  Otherwise I'll be long gone before they ever get around to creating a big Lilo & Stitch set.

I'm also going to be waiting for a good promo before picking this one up but will definitely be getting it.  May even try to build a gem mine for the Dwarves.

Lilo & Stitch's house was a Lego Ideas submission which got enough signatures but was rejected. Wondering if it was rejected because Lego had no interest in making the set or because they had plans to do their own eventually. There is a live-action remake coming down the line (I think it was a Disney+ exclusive which is now getting a theatrical release) so maybe they'd release this set to cross-promote the remake. 

I'd also love to see the dwarfs' mine get a set. Especially since it's a popular ride at Disney World.

57 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

This is the ideal Pinocchio set I would like to see. Geppetto's workshop.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/040fb63e-9b59-4c44-a04f-24b1101d32fc

Can't say about Monstro but we'll at least get Pinocchio on the raft he uses to escape Monstro in the upcoming Target contest winner set.

Will we? I was amazed that that set was allowed considering it used CMF and retired CMF figures. Are we going to get downgraded figures, new variants for the figures, or no figures at all?

12 hours ago, DisneyLego said:

Yes! Also crossed my mind back when this first leaked. A yearly minifig set in release order would be great. So long as they stick with the originals and go with minifigs, I really don’t see how they could go wrong with a standard annual set. Unless of course they completely botch the design.

6 hours ago, karrit said:

I am hoping too! Lego makes D2C's for Marvel each year... ditto Ninjago and MK.

However, we haven't seen the completion of the likes of Winnie the Pooh, etc

7 hours ago, Aramar said:

After seeing the official images of the Snow White cottage I'm very happy with the set and I want to buy it, but I will wait until there's a big promo or maybe a Disney gift with purchase. Do you know if we might get one gwp this year too? or was it something unique for the 100th celebration?

On the other hand, I'm curious to see the maleficent dragon set. If it's good, this will be a great year for Disney classics. Since they are refusing minifigures, I pray for a tangled set someday with the Raps and Flynn minifigs from the castle.

And just imagine a Beauty and the Beast set with the same quality and amount of minifigures than the Snow White cottage... Lego take my money 💰

The Rivendell set is expensive. I loaned money from my savings to buy it on day one. It went on backorder a short time after going on sale, and on the US site is on backorder again.

I think this Snow White set will do well but with its price, many people like you will probably wait for a promo. Nonetheless, I do think Lego will notice the numbers.

2 hours ago, doclord said:

Will we? I was amazed that that set was allowed considering it used CMF and retired CMF figures. Are we going to get downgraded figures, new variants for the figures, or no figures at all?

Minifigs sell well, especially with adult collectors. Lego should understand that how these sets will sell even more with minifigs included. Just look at the SW Lego line! (I wonder how SW fans will react if they started making them in mini dolls? Not that I imagine Lego will ever dare.)

3 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

This is the ideal Pinocchio set I would like to see. Geppetto's workshop.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/040fb63e-9b59-4c44-a04f-24b1101d32fc

Can't say about Monstro but we'll at least get Pinocchio on the raft he uses to escape Monstro in the upcoming Target contest winner set.

I won't say no to that set! Bring it on!

2 hours ago, doclord said:

Some parts of the model don't work without figures. Like you can get away with excluding Aladdin and Belle because Agrabah, the magic carpet, and the enchanted rose can stand alone. But the Stitch and Elsa section is just waves of blue water with a surfboard. Remove Stitch from the surfboard and it's meaningless. On the other end you have Ariel swimming with Flounder and Sebastian and removing Ariel for just her friends becomes rather bare. Pinocchio's raft without Pinocchio would just be a random raft.

I shouldn't get my hopes up but it would be nice if they could give us new minifigs for the older CMF figures like Aladdin and Elsa. Aladdin as Prince Ali and Elsa in her Frozen II white dress.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Some parts of the model don't work without figures. Like you can get away with excluding Aladdin and Belle because Agrabah, the magic carpet, and the enchanted rose can stand alone. But the Stitch and Elsa section is just waves of blue water with a surfboard. Remove Stitch from the surfboard and it's meaningless. On the other end you have Ariel swimming with Flounder and Sebastian and removing Ariel for just her friends becomes rather bare. Pinocchio's raft without Pinocchio would just be a random raft.

I shouldn't get my hopes up but it would be nice if they could give us new minifigs for the older CMF figures like Aladdin and Elsa. Aladdin as Prince Ali and Elsa in her Frozen II white dress.

I wonder if we might get BOTH Belle and Beast?

Prince Ali would be nice, but maybe the Sultan would be better? That would sort of complete the lineup.

Edited by hikouki

54 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I wonder if we might get BOTH Belle and Beast?

Prince Ali would be nice, but maybe the Sultan would be better? That would sort of complete the lineup.

I would love for the Beast to be included as well but considering how many here are skeptical we'll even get Belle or all the minifigs in the original concept, I'm not sure I'm expecting to see anyone extra. They might also want to stick with just one character per movie.

I don't think they would include a minor character in this set which is supposed to represent the most recognizable Disney characters and movies. If it was just the Agrabah Palace included, then maybe, but the magic carpet is also there so it's probably Aladdin since he better represents the carpet.