Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Stranger Things can be ruled out. Not only is the timing off, S4 was a lot gorier than the previous three, and the two „Buffalo“ sets are 10+, if I remember correctly. My money‘s on Wednesday :classic:

Yeah, I know. I hope one day we'll some more sets from it, there's a lot of potential.

Wednesday would be great too tho. I wonder what sets they'd come up with.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It is? Interesting. Wonder what Netflix IP LEGO could make sets based on. (I'd love for it to be Stranger Things, but the timing doesn't seem right.)

Could it be Narnia? But I'm pretty sure that show is still early in development.

Maybe Avatar the Last Airbender?

I thought “Buffalo” theme is suppsoed to be focused on “for girls” tv shows, like Wednesday. Not Narnia, Avatar the Last Airbender, Stranger Things or live-action. One Piece. 

Anyways, we are drifting into off topic while it’s a Disney forum here. 

So…I could not remember when Snow White Cottage will be released, April? May?

4 minutes ago, Lion King said:

So…I could not remember when Snow White Cottage will be released, April? May?

March 1st, I believe! We should see official pictures pretty soon :thumbup:

2 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Could it be Narnia? But I'm pretty sure that show is still early in development.

Maybe Avatar the Last Airbender?

Definitely not, those movies haven't even started production.

Not sure if LEGO would make sets based on the Netflix version of Avatar, the original is a much better choice.

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Okay thanks! I can’t wait to see that offical ou thre too!

Inside out is available for preorder on Amazon. I’ll be holding off until we know if there’s mini figures :)

38 minutes ago, stroud1492 said:

Inside out is available for preorder on Amazon. I’ll be holding off until we know if there’s mini figures :)

could you share the link?

36 minutes ago, stroud1492 said:

That's awfully presumptuous of Lego lol. I'll also be holding off until I see the final set and if there are minifigs or not. For the price, I doubt we'll be getting all five of the main characters and it might almost be more annoying if we only get two minfigs and can't have the complete set of emotions.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Rivendell released on March 5th but was officially confirmed on February 7th. Snow White's general release was February 4th, 1938, so they should have announced the set on that day imo.

46 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

... Snow White's general release was February 4th, 1938, so they should have announced the set on that day imo.

Better late than never.

That set went through a lot in the past year. LOL

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Stranger Things can be ruled out. Not only is the timing off, S4 was a lot gorier than the previous three, and the two „Buffalo“ sets are 10+, if I remember correctly. My money‘s on Wednesday :classic:

Is the Addams Family a Netflix IP? 

The Sandy Cheeks Movie will hit Netflix this year, right?

Official reveal for the Snow White set is being reported as coming soon

There's also a new pic of the cottage from a top left angle giving us a better view of the cottage's left side.

Looks like the witch is coming with a yellow basket for her apple. The color and shape aren't very accurate to the movie though. The rubber basket that the Red Riding Hood CMF minifigure comes with seems a better fit and what I've been using.

s-l400.jpgsnow-white-evil-queen-apple.png

Although the basket isn’t really the correct shape .. I suppose it’s the only one they do .. but yellow ?? Really ? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Nice to see another angle of the cottage though 😁

There are currently 10 Lego sets on the “Coming Soon” page .. just a shame the cottage isn’t one of them ! C’mon Lego it’s 16 days away ( if indeed the release date is March 1st )  

Edited by Jarreth2

I wonder if this set might sell out quickly (or even just backordered) soon after going on sale. The Villains went on backorder for some time just a few weeks after being listed on sale.

WOAH upon further inspection it really does look like the Evil Queen is on the right hand side of the reveal image. The figure selection is impressive! From what I've seen of the back side it is open ended which is not a huge deal but I suppose it would be slightly better if it had that fully enclosed doll house appeal, I still can't be too mad since the overall finished product was so well produced. 

Still, I must say I wish we had more animals in the set. Namely, the deer and the tortoise. It kind of made me realize we don't have deer or tortoise moulds in Lego. I hope one day soon enough they get produced. Also chipmunks! Sure we have squirrels but looking at reference images of Snow White it seems is was actually chipmunks that accompanied the rabbit, deer, birds and tortoise to save the princess. So yeah, the animals included are nice but some of the more prominent animals are missing and when they eventually get produced I hope we get like a little expansion pack. Snow White, and some animals would make a great small set, or GWP. 

On another note, I was looking at Goofy reference images to see where the design from the Train Staton came about and while it does seem there have been a few instances of Goofy wearing a yellow vest in animation, he seems to predominantly wear the yellow vest in theme parks... Similarly, the black vet he sports is one of his most common animated attires, and we currently only have this black vest Goofy design available in the form of a key chain. That inspires 2 thoughts for me, firstly, that the black vested Goofy design is a shoe in for Lego Disney CMF Series 4, and also that the Lego Disney Train Station is not only inspired by the theme parks in its source material, but in the figures themselves. My conspiracy is that this is canonically a Lego figure of a person in a Goofy suit... not a "Goofy" character. Hilarious as that seems I have the same view of Mickie and Minnie! The figures of Mickey and Minnie which came in the first Disney Castle, in my eyes, were lego versions of people in Mickey and Minnie costumes. Seeing as those were literal theme park costumes.

And on a final note I gotta be honest and say that while I'm fine with these dwarves for now, the only one I'm really happy with is Dopey. This may be an unpopular opinion but I'd like for the Dwarves to be reinterpreted with specialized head molds in future CMF series. I feel the same way about Captain Hook. Side note, I feel both Captain Hook and Pinocchio should have had specialized head molds. not just the hair/hat combos they were given. Seeing those figures I think, if you were gonna make a new mould for the hair/hat, just include his face and head as an all encompassing piece so he can truly reflect his animated appearance. My Simpsons figures look identical to their reference images, but the Disney figures look like awkward compromises between the source material and Lego. Some pull it off well, like Hercules, Jack, Sally, and Pocahontas. But others, like Captain Hook, Pinocchio and the Dwarves do not pull me into the source material the way my Simpsons figures are super reminiscent of their cartoon. So yeah, hopefully those get reimagined.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Still, I must say I wish we had more animals in the set. Namely, the deer and the tortoise. It kind of made me realize we don't have deer or tortoise moulds in Lego. I hope one day soon enough they get produced. Also chipmunks! Sure we have squirrels but looking at reference images of Snow White it seems is was actually chipmunks that accompanied the rabbit, deer, birds and tortoise to save the princess. So yeah, the animals included are nice but some of the more prominent animals are missing and when they eventually get produced I hope we get like a little expansion pack. Snow White, and some animals would make a great small set, or GWP. 

On another note, I was looking at Goofy reference images to see where the design from the Train Staton came about and while it does seem there have been a few instances of Goofy wearing a yellow vest in animation, he seems to predominantly wear the yellow vest in theme parks... Similarly, the black vet he sports is one of his most common animated attires, and we currently only have this black vest Goofy design available in the form of a key chain. That inspires 2 thoughts for me, firstly, that the black vested Goofy design is a shoe in for Lego Disney CMF Series 4, and also that the Lego Disney Train Station is not only inspired by the theme parks in its source material, but in the figures themselves. My conspiracy is that this is canonically a Lego figure of a person in a Goofy suit... not a "Goofy" character. Hilarious as that seems I have the same view of Mickie and Minnie! The figures of Mickey and Minnie which came in the first Disney Castle, in my eyes, were lego versions of people in Mickey and Minnie costumes. Seeing as those were literal theme park costumes.

And on a final note I gotta be honest and say that while I'm fine with these dwarves for now, the only one I'm really happy with is Dopey. This may be an unpopular opinion but I'd like for the Dwarves to be reinterpreted with specialized head molds in future CMF series. I feel the same way about Captain Hook. Side note, I feel both Captain Hook and Pinocchio should have had specialized head molds. not just the hair/hat combos they were given. Seeing those figures I think, if you were gonna make a new mould for the hair/hat, just include his face and head as an all encompassing piece so he can truly reflect his animated appearance. My Simpsons figures look identical to their reference images, but the Disney figures look like awkward compromises between the source material and Lego. Some pull it off well, like Hercules, Jack, Sally, and Pocahontas. But others, like Captain Hook, Pinocchio and the Dwarves do not pull me into the source material the way my Simpsons figures are super reminiscent of their cartoon. So yeah, hopefully those get reimagined.

I would have liked a deer and tortoise as well. The tortoise is the most distinctive of her forest animal friends and used for several gags. Plus as you said, we don't have a tortoise mold as of yet. There actually is a deer mold if you count Bambi. For the rabbits, it would have been nice to get some in beige since the ones in the movie are all beige, not white. I'm surprised we don't have any chipmunk molds so far. If there was a GWP for this set, we would have heard about it by now right?

You're right that Goofy in the yellow vest with a patch on his pants is based off of how he looks in the Disney Parks. The blue vested Goofy with no patch on his pants is how he looks in the animation and sadly we haven't gotten a minifig for that beyond the keychain figure. Tbh, I wouldn't want to waste a CMF slot for a nearly identical Goofy but with slightly different colors. I'd rather see this Goofy variant in one of the Mickey and Friends sets but does Lego even make those anymore? Our best bet would be for him to show up in a set like the Celebration Train from last year.

Speaking of park minifigures vs animation minifigures, Chip 'n' Dale are also good examples of characters whose minifigs are clearly based off of the parks since they're full-sized walk-around characters. I'm surprised Pluto never got one similar to them as a full-scale minifigure. Donald is an interesting case because his park look is more explicitly based on his sailor outfit from how he looked in his early shorts. Yet, we only ever got a minifigure for him based on his animation look. They reused his CMF minifigure for the Disney Castle even though they took the extra effort of giving Mickey, Minnie, and Daisy new minifigures that match their parks looks. I wonder why they just reused animation Donald and didn't give him his park look as well.

Personally I prefer the specialized head molds for the non-human characters like Mickey and his friends, the Pooh characters, and Stitch. I wouldn't need to see characters like the Queen of Hearts, Captain Hook, or Jafar get specialized heads even though in the Disney Parks they do wear masks so they can more specifically resemble their animated counterparts.

On 2/13/2024 at 4:22 AM, Robert8 said:

Is the Addams Family a Netflix IP?

Not the whole franchise, but the Wednesday series is :classic:

Love the new picture of the cottage :wub: It gets better and better with every new image! Hopefully, the official reveal is right around the corner :excited:

@cosmic I thought about getting the Bambi ‘minifigure’ to go in the set, but thought it would just look too much like Bambi had gatecrashed the set lol. I’d forgotten about the tortoise of course !! Shame we don’t have one we could use.

The only thing I have a differing opinion on is the dwarf heads .. I’m glad they’re not moulded. I think the general Lego ruling seems to be if you’re a humanoid character you have a minifigure head .. animal or otherwise .. moulded. 

@BrickBob Studpants I keep checking the website for the set number or using the key words Snow White and nothing !! 🙄

https://www.instagram.com/maxbautde

This instagrammer has official pics up, although i can’t find it on any of the Lego sites yet 🙄

He also has the 360 degree turn around video .. must admit i love how the back looks .. this whole set is stunning 🥰

The musical organ is there and I think there’s a printed ‘pie’ tile that has Grumpy’s name on it 😍

Edited by Jarreth2

Thanks for updating us! Hopefully this means the reveal could be tomorrow.

I'm glad the aerial view shows Grumpy's piano and also the pie Snow White bakes just for him. It looks like it even has Grumpy's name listed on it. I'm really curious about what's in all the trunks on the upper floor/attic.

Was anyone able to count how many beds they had up there? It seems like there are three in the front and three in the back. It would be nice if the foot of the beds had the dwarfs' names on them but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Edited by JeanGreyForever

No problem @JeanGreyForever .. I’ve zoomed in on the screen recording i took of the video and, like you, I seem to see 3 beds in the front and 3 in the back. Have you seen the cute little cuckoo clock next to the door ? Yes I too think that the reveal will officially be on Feb 15th .. which for me is today, but it’s the early hours still.

There’s something at the side of the fireplace that i cant figure out what it is .. there are 2 spoons on one side and on the opposite side is something i can’t figure out. ?? 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

No problem @JeanGreyForever .. I’ve zoomed in on the screen recording i took of the video and, like you, I seem to see 3 beds in the front and 3 in the back. Have you seen the cute little cuckoo clock next to the door ? Yes I too think that the reveal will officially be on Feb 15th .. which for me is today, but it’s the early hours still.

There’s something at the side of the fireplace that i cant figure out what it is .. there are 2 spoons on one side and on the opposite side is something i can’t figure out. ?? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm wondering why they would go the effort of making 6 beds but not a 7th bed. I guess a lack of space. Unless there's another bed tucked away somewhere which we can't see.

Yes, I did see the cuckoo clock after you pointed out. I'm glad they're remembering all the little hand-carved creations the dwarfs had in their cottage (makes me hope that Lego might make Geppetto's Workshop as a set one day since that was a Lego Ideas submission as well). I'm looking at the thing on the side of the fireplace too, next to the broom, but have no idea what it is. On the back of the box, the pic of the fireplace has Snow White standing in front of it, so that doesn't help either.

Also it looks like the witch's basket is the same rubber basket I posted above but in bright yellow. Not a new piece after all.

40 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I'm wondering why they would go the effort of making 6 beds but not a 7th bed. I guess a lack of space. Unless there's another bed tucked away somewhere which we can't see.

i believe the 7ths bed is in the middle of both rows of 3!

1 minute ago, Surge said:

i believe the 7ths bed is in the middle of both rows of 3!

That's wonderful to hear! Thanks for confirming! That seems to be how it's in the movie too with 2 sets of 3 beds facing each other and the 7th bed in-between facing the wall.

s-l1200.webp