Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

Sometimes I don’t think we can make heads or tails of how the Lego group / designers make their decisions. Remember the survey leak of 23 ( I like how this seems to be an event in lego history now 😁 ) .. how Rivendell sort of leaked at the same time, that blurry image and some people were saying - there’s no way we’re gonna get all those minifigures .. but we did .. and .. there’s no way it’s gonna look like that, that will be the concept design .. but it did look like that.

Then there was the Snow White Cottage .. possibly the leak was meant to be based on the live action .. thank goodness the catastrophe regarding the film changed their minds on this .. but I’m happy that we’re getting the set we are, is it perfect, probably not .. but I always figured Lego would only put in the ‘required’ minifigures .. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs .. but we got two more than we bargained for. I do think this is gonna sell reeeeallly well.

I think IF they dum down Baradur they wont see the sales that Rivendell saw .. people will buy it for sure but who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

My thinking is that Lego has a very short term memory and will skimp and pinch whenever they think they could. People have been so crazy about the Lion Knight's castle and every castle theme set before that. They probably think they could get away with a lousy job at the much-awaited Medieval square.

Agree, Barad-dur will fail it is not made to the same detail and add-ons as Rivendell.

They have had some flops in the Disney line and perhaps they see how a fully-kitted set like this will be received by fans.

6 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

Then there was the Snow White Cottage .. possibly the leak was meant to be based on the live action .. 

I don‘t see anything in the survey leak version indicating it was intended to be based on the live-action remake :tongue: Didn‘t the decision to feature the dwarves after all happen much later?

@hikouki I’m eager to see the Dragon Transformation set .. the Encanto set too, but I think that will probably be minidolls and for me as much as I enjoyed Encanto I’m an old school classics animation fan.

@BrickBob Studpants .. it was never confirmed it would be, but to me it was just so ‘far off’ the animated version of the cottage, which made me think ( and other I saw comments from too ) it could be live action based and apart from Snow White the dwarf minifigures could just have been place holders which they sometimes use in preliminary images.

6 hours ago, hikouki said:

My thinking is that Lego has a very short term memory and will skimp and pinch whenever they think they could. People have been so crazy about the Lion Knight's castle and every castle theme set before that. They probably think they could get away with a lousy job at the much-awaited Medieval square.

Agree, Barad-dur will fail it is not made to the same detail and add-ons as Rivendell.

They have had some flops in the Disney line and perhaps they see how a fully-kitted set like this will be received by fans.

Barad-dur will be an uphill battle I think. I'm already seeing comments online that people are not as interested in that as they were in Rivendell. Since they have more attachment to Rivendell as it features in all three films as a significant setting hosting more or less all the major characters unlike Barad-dur. Plus Rivendell being more scenic and beautiful to display whereas people are saying Barad-dur is just one big black tower that's rather bland in comparison. If the Barad-dur set feels more stripped down, I think that will hurt it in the long run.

I'm glad Snow White is getting the respect it deserves by Lego especially since Disney themselves rarely show it respect these days, even mocking it in bonus features for their new films. Let's hope Sleeping Beauty gets the same treatment by Lego but the piece count makes me think otherwise. And here I was hoping that Flora, Fauna, Merryweather and maybe a sleeping Aurora in a blue dress could be added as minifigs as well.

Snow White getting this respect (even if it's after its anniversary and Disney's 100th anniversary) makes me wish WB had done something similar for a Lego Wizard of Oz set since WB also had its 100th anniversary last year. Wizard of Oz sets were teased around the time of the CMF series that gave us Dorothy, the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion but nothing ever came of that. Would have loved to see a definitive Oz set whether it's the Emerald City or Munchkinland alongside a minifigure of Glinda. Considering how popular Oz still is and how much merchandise for the classic movie still sells, I'm surprised Lego hasn't gone this route yet.

@JeanGreyForever .. some very valid points. Flora, Fauna and Merryweather would have been fantastic in the Maleficent set, but highly doubtful .. I have 3 trans coloured studs to represent them on clear aerials to make then ‘dots of light’ so to speak.

Always thought it was odd that they made the Oz quartet moulds just for a minifigure series and then proceeded to do nothing with them .. they already had the flying monkeys sorted. Shame .. wonder if they’ll do anything for Wicked ?

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Barad-dur will be an uphill battle I think. I'm already seeing comments online that people are not as interested in that as they were in Rivendell. Since they have more attachment to Rivendell as it features in all three films as a significant setting hosting more or less all the major characters unlike Barad-dur. Plus Rivendell being more scenic and beautiful to display whereas people are saying Barad-dur is just one big black tower that's rather bland in comparison. If the Barad-dur set feels more stripped down, I think that will hurt it in the long run.

Brad-Dur will appeal to hardcore LOTR fans. No matter what, especially if they already have Orthanc, and/ or Rivendell.

I agree, Rivendell has an appeal beyond just for LOTR fans.

1 hour ago, Jarreth2 said:

Always thought it was odd that they made the Oz quartet moulds just for a minifigure series and then proceeded to do nothing with them .. they already had the flying monkeys sorted. Shame .. wonder if they’ll do anything for Wicked ?

We badly need a Glinda minifig!

While browsing through jedijacpenguin’s list I noticed that we finally know which Ideas sets are which!

• The NBC set turns out to be 21351 with 2193 pieces, releasing in September
  • The contest winner is 21352 with 1103 pieces, releasing in October

Glad to see that the largest set among the 2HY Ideas range is indeed the NBC one, as I was hoping for! :excited: This hopefully means we‘re getting as many of the main characters as possible, including Zero and Oogie-boogie!

~1100 pieces seems a bit small for the celebration set, but let‘s see what they do with it! Definitely excited for both of these sets :thumbup:

On 2/10/2024 at 2:56 PM, Jarreth2 said:

Then there was the Snow White Cottage .. possibly the leak was meant to be based on the live action .. thank goodness the catastrophe regarding the film changed their minds on this .

I don´t think they ever were going to do this for the live action film - maybe they considered it at the beginning of the design process, but first leakers wer claiming it would be the original quite a long time ago - though that didn´t stop people from speculating it would be otherwise still.

58 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

I don´t think they ever were going to do this for the live action film - maybe they considered it at the beginning of the design process, but first leakers wer claiming it would be the original quite a long time ago - though that didn´t stop people from speculating it would be otherwise still.

It almost felt like Lego went "back and forth" with their ideas on how to create this set.

The Ideas submission was for a Snow White and Seven Dwarves cottage. At one point, the rumor was for a "Snow White Cottage" without that reference to her companions and I think this was in the middle of all the bad publicity about the movie. Lego almost go-signalled the Ideas set, canceled it, then came out with this.

I think the speculation that it will be based on the remake came from the fact that the release might coincide with the new movie, plus the fact that Lego made that clamshell (based on the Little Mermaid remake).

I almost feel like that this whole time, Lego was trying to gauge the market situation and temper it with what Disney will allow them. They ended up where they began - the original cottage with the dwarves! LOL 

22 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I almost feel like that this whole time, Lego was trying to gauge the market situation and temper it with what Disney will allow them. They ended up where they began - the original cottage with the dwarves! LOL 

Orrrr it was based on the animated movie this whole time :tongue: As I've said before, there is no evidence to suggest the remake was involved in any way other than initially coinciding with its release (before it then got delayed again to 2025). Of course they tried to take advantage of that!

Sorry, but for me if the minifigures hadn’t have been in that survey leak image I don’t see how anyone would have thought of that as the animated version of the Snow White cottage. It’s colour scheme resembles the A-frame cabin 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

Sorry, but for me if the minifigures hadn’t have been in that survey leak image I don’t see how anyone would have thought of that as the animated version of the Snow White cottage. It’s colour scheme resembles the A-frame cabin 🤷🏻‍♂️

Exactly my point! Why did they leave it out at one point in the development?

9 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

@hikouki I did a couple of custom figures of Glinda and Elphaba recently .. Glinda https://www.instagram.com/p/C0HiQNFrxFc/ Elphaba https://www.instagram.com/p/C0HhziLLU8v/ ( apologies mods I’ll keep on topic from now 👍🏼 )

Glinda definitely needs the wide skirt. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of giving Madam Pince's hat to the Wicked Witch so she can have hair as well. A pity the shape of the hat isn't as accurate for her.

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While browsing through jedijacpenguin’s list I noticed that we finally know which Ideas sets are which!

• The NBC set turns out to be 21351 with 2193 pieces, releasing in September
  • The contest winner is 21352 with 1103 pieces, releasing in October

Glad to see that the largest set among the 2HY Ideas range is indeed the NBC one, as I was hoping for! :excited: This hopefully means we‘re getting as many of the main characters as possible, including Zero and Oogie-boogie!

~1100 pieces seems a bit small for the celebration set, but let‘s see what they do with it! Definitely excited for both of these sets :thumbup:

Glad to see the Target set has a release date. I guess that means we could get Belle the earliest in October.

TNBC has never been a favorite of mine but what I loved about the Ideas set was that it basically gave us the entire town in one set. I've always liked comprehensive sets like this one, plus the new leaked Dungeons and Dragons set, so I think I'll definitely be getting it. The large piece count is indeed promising and hopefully means we'll get as many characters as possible. Besides Zero and Oogie Boogie that you mentioned, I'd love to see the Mayor of Halloweentown as well, since none of these three were part of the approved design.

Speaking of the D&D set, this is exactly what I'd like to see for a future Disney set. Something like a diorama featuring the major locations from a Disney film all together in one set like you're holding that movie's kingdom in your hand (or on your shelf anyway). There were some great Lego Ideas submissions like that for Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland. And if Disney still had the Narnia rights, I would have loved to have seen those movies get sets but sadly by the time Lego started making Disney sets in the late 2000s/early 2010s, they had lost Narnia.

So we are seeing  rumours for 4 sets based on the movie Wicked. Which is based on the Broadway musical.

Is it possible for the buffalo codename sets to be for Moana 2? Since those seem to release in October with the Wicked sets 

Moana 2 seems to be a last minute decision by Disney

Maybe it TLG had sets planned for the Moana Disney+ show. But now who knows if what they depicted on the sets will end up being cut from the movie

3 hours ago, Virdenemt said:

So we are seeing  rumours for 4 sets based on the movie Wicked. Which is based on the Broadway musical.

Hopefully there will be a Glinda compatible with the original Lego Wizard of Oz minifigs!

53 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Hopefully there will be a Glinda compatible with the original Lego Wizard of Oz minifigs!

Doubtful. Her look is completely different in Wicked starting with her being blonde and wearing skimpier clothing. Also they can't use the MGM movie for reference so none of the characters can look identical to how they looked in the original.

Disney ran into the same issue with Oz the Great and Powerful. They couldn't even use the exact shade of green for the witch's skin so they made her coloring more olive.

6 hours ago, hikouki said:

Oh I know, right?! I have been waiting for Glinda and Wicked Witch to go with 4 minifiugres from Lego Movie 2 CMF Series

Wicked Witch from Lego Dimension doesn’t look right to me, honestly.

But…Wicked set will not get us what we are hoping for. 

Edited by Lion King

8 hours ago, stroud1492 said:

Is it possible for the buffalo codename sets to be for Moana 2? Since those seem to release in October with the Wicked sets 

No. The Disney sets have a completely different range of set numbers and never use codenames (other than „Disney“) :laugh:

Also, Buffalo is rumoured to be based on a Netflix IP

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No. The Disney sets have a completely different range of set numbers and never use codenames (other than „Disney“) :laugh:

Also, Buffalo is rumoured to be based on a Netflix IP

It is? Interesting. Wonder what Netflix IP LEGO could make sets based on. (I'd love for it to be Stranger Things, but the timing doesn't seem right.)

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It is? Interesting. Wonder what Netflix IP LEGO could make sets based on. (I'd love for it to be Stranger Things, but the timing doesn't seem right.)

And Strranger Thing is not revolved around girls as Buffalo theme is suppsoed to be girl-oriented, along with Wicked. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Stranger Things can be ruled out. Not only is the timing off, S4 was a lot gorier than the previous three, and the two „Buffalo“ sets are 10+, if I remember correctly. My money‘s on Wednesday :classic:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Stranger Things can be ruled out. Not only is the timing off, S4 was a lot gorier than the previous three, and the two „Buffalo“ sets are 10+, if I remember correctly. My money‘s on Wednesday :classic:

Correct,it’s 10+ sets.