Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

How about Evil Strange who was a great sorcerer until he had an accident and lost his magic, and now he's the supreme neurosurgeon! Evil Wolverine, aka Florida Man! Unhappy Hogan! Salt Potts! Evil Korg, who took a vow of silence! Evil Groot, the most eloquent being in the universe! Evil Uatu, who quit his job and just does whatever! ...these are all TERRIBLE.

25 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Don't forget about Evil Venom, who rides regular motorcycles instead of Venomized ones. :tongue:

Wouldn't he un-venomise everything? :laugh_hard:

Since other themes' summer waves are starting to get more descriptive info, here's some predictions for Marvel - would be cool to hear what y'all think we get too!

I think we'll see an Age of Ultron wave, reusing Cap and Widow from the bike set, reusing Vision but with solid legs, and giving us a new Ultimate Ultron figure. TandN Bricks seemed to tease the Iron Legion in their start of 2024 post too, so they seem likely. Those guys are generally spot on.

Another Guardians set makes sense, we don't currently have a main ship of theirs on shelves. Probably about time we get another Milano - bring back Star-Lord's helmet, maybe give newer collectors another chance at Yondu or shirtless Drax? Ego would be cool to see too. 

Another X-Men set would be great before the Mansion, a Sentinel feels like the most obvious choice to me. It could honestly work in the style of those $35 buildable figures they love so much haha

Probably some more generic Spidey stuff too. Maybe we see a vague Sony tie-in by shoving Julia Carpenter or Madame Web or whoever in one of those, like they did with the Morbius car shortly after that film released. 

It’s exciting to think how open-ended the summer is the absence of major media releases, the theme hasn’t felt this ripe with opportunity for a while. 

Hopefully the new Lizard tail piece hasn’t single-handedly used up this theme’s yearly budget for new moulds though.

Edited by Kaijumeister

1 hour ago, poisonbricks said:

Another X-Men set would be great before the Mansion, a Sentinel feels like the most obvious choice to me. It could honestly work in the style of those $35 buildable figures they love so much haha

Throw in a Wolverine, Jean Grey (with this hair https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87995&idColor=5&name=Red Minifigure, Hair Bubble Style (Afro)&category=[Minifigure, Hair]#T=C&C=5), and Gambit, and you’ve got yourself a $100 set. 

24 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Hopefully the new Lizard tail piece hasn’t single-handedly used up this theme’s yearly budget for new moulds though.

That was introduced in CMF S24 last year, and is used in the same colour in S25 :wink: But yeah, fingers crossed for some interesting new pieces!

2 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

Since other themes' summer waves are starting to get more descriptive info, here's some predictions for Marvel - would be cool to hear what y'all think we get too!

I think we'll see an Age of Ultron wave, reusing Cap and Widow from the bike set, reusing Vision but with solid legs, and giving us a new Ultimate Ultron figure. TandN Bricks seemed to tease the Iron Legion in their start of 2024 post too, so they seem likely. Those guys are generally spot on.

Another Guardians set makes sense, we don't currently have a main ship of theirs on shelves. Probably about time we get another Milano - bring back Star-Lord's helmet, maybe give newer collectors another chance at Yondu or shirtless Drax? Ego would be cool to see too. 

Probably some more generic Spidey stuff too. Maybe we see a vague Sony tie-in by shoving Julia Carpenter or Madame Web or whoever in one of those, like they did with the Morbius car shortly after that film released. 

I know MTD Bricks revealed prices and set Numbers for some summer sets. Here’s my predictions for each of those sets:

76286: New Milano $170 

76288: 4+ Sentinel $25 

76290: Arc Reactor build $60

76291: Age Of Ultron Set (similar to the NWH Final Battle and Endgame Battle Sets last year) $110

(These 2 (76287 and 76297) I don’t know would be possible but maybe if they brand it just under “Deadpool” instead of Deadpool 3 to avoid the R rated complaints, but I would love to see these):

76287: Deadpool Mech $15

76297: Deadpool Mask $60

I’d also think maybe a Store Exclusive set based on Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man could come out this year which would be a set number not revealed yet. 

Edited by calebcold3

New marvel character encyclopedia coming this October with an exclusive figure. Hope its a good one! 

"Meet more than 200 minifigures from the LEGO® Marvel world – plus an exclusive minifigure for your collection!

Get the lowdown on Marvel’s magnificent Super Heroes, including Spider-Man™, Scarlet Witch™, Black Panther™, and face up to their fiendish foes, including Green Goblin, Red Skull, and Doctor Doom.

Marvel’s fan-favourite Super Heroes and Super Villains jostle for attention with rarer – but equally fascinating – minifigures in the LEGO Marvel Character Encyclopedia. It’s the perfect handbook for fans of the LEGO Marvel world."

11 minutes ago, calebcold3 said:

I know MTD Bricks revealed prices and set Numbers for some summer sets. Here’s my predictions for each of those sets:

76286: New Milano $170 

76288: 4+ Sentinel $25 

76290: Arc Reactor build $60

76291: Age Of Ultron Set (similar to the NWH Final Battle and Endgame Battle Sets last year) $110

(These 2 (76287 and 76297) I don’t know would be possible but maybe if they brand it just under “Deadpool” instead of Deadpool 3 to avoid the R rated complaints, but I would love to see these):

76287: Deadpool Mech $15

76297: Deadpool Mask $60

I’d also think maybe a Store Exclusive set based on Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man could come out this year which would be a set number not revealed yet. 

This'd make sense to me. Pretty sure about the Milano at 170, and the 110 set being an AoU black base final battle would be in line with the others they've made. 

Not sure on a Deadpool mech, have we ever gotten a single mech this far into The year? If anything, I'd see Deadpool being slapped into the X-Mansion. A mask build would totally make sense, though! 

If they make a Sentinel but it's 4+, I think I might actually lose my mind, but it makes sense that LEGO won't do X-Men without some catch 😭

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That was introduced in CMF S24 last year, and is used in the same colour in S25 :wink: But yeah, fingers crossed for some interesting new pieces!

I really am out of the loop with CMFs these days, thanks for the heads up!

Set list in the next two weeks seems likely, the Ninjago one just dropped today.

21 minutes ago, poisonbricks said:

This'd make sense to me. Pretty sure about the Milano at 170, and the 110 set being an AoU black base final battle would be in line with the others they've made. 

Not sure on a Deadpool mech, have we ever gotten a single mech this far into The year? If anything, I'd see Deadpool being slapped into the X-Mansion. A mask build would totally make sense, though! 

If they make a Sentinel but it's 4+, I think I might actually lose my mind, but it makes sense that LEGO won't do X-Men without some catch 😭

It was odd to me that LEGO only gave us 2 mechs this January when we usually would get 3. Something tells me that if we are getting a third one this year, it would be Deadpool and LEGO made an exception for releasing a mech in the middle of the year and wanted to release it near the release of Deadpool 3 as an unofficial tie in just branded under Deadpool instead of releasing it in January. That’s at least my theory. I could be totally wrong though. 

I totally agree with you about the 4+ Sentinel. I just figured it would be a set that would give LEGO an excuse to make a 4+ set this year for Marvel, and how it would be in the same price range as the 4+ Hulkbuster last year, even though I’m in the same boat as a sentinel would be a perfect $35 set, but it doesn’t seem we have a set going for that price this summer, at least not yet.  

Edited by calebcold3

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

How about Evil Strange who was a great sorcerer until he had an accident and lost his magic, and now he's the supreme neurosurgeon! Evil Wolverine, aka Florida Man! Unhappy Hogan! Salt Potts! Evil Korg, who took a vow of silence! Evil Groot, the most eloquent being in the universe! Evil Uatu, who quit his job and just does whatever! ...these are all TERRIBLE.

I find it funny that basically any Marvel joke/meme idea either has existed or can easily exist! I can honestly see “Strange loses his magic and has to cope with going back to a normal life” being a story in the comics. 

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Don't forget about Evil Venom, who rides regular motorcycles instead of Venomized ones. :tongue:

Evil Venom shows up a in a proportionate amount of marvel sets and figures compared to the other evil spider man villains.

2 hours ago, squiz18 said:

New marvel character encyclopedia coming this October with an exclusive figure. Hope its a good one! 

Not complaining about a new exclusive fig, but didn't we just get one of these marvel encyclopedias?

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Evil Korg, who took a vow of silence!

I wish.

49 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I find it funny that basically any Marvel joke/meme idea either has existed or can easily exist! I can honestly see “Strange loses his magic and has to cope with going back to a normal life” being a story in the comics. 

I feel like a solid 50% of superheroes go through this at least once in any show or comic focused on them. I remember I used to watch the CW flash show in it's earlier seasons and it felt like in seasons 2 and 3 barry was losing his powers multiple times a season.

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I can honestly see “Strange loses his magic and has to cope with going back to a normal life” being a story in the comics. 

Close enough, but there is an arc where Loki takes the role of Sorcerer Supreme, so Strange becomes a veterinarian with a talking dog friend, it's a really good read

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Loki:_Sorcerer_Supreme

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wouldn't he un-venomise everything? :laugh_hard:

No no that's Anti Venom, completely different from evil Venom

Evil Venom is a bell ringer who doesn't like dancing

"I'm going to get that dirt out your eye"

Edited by NXS7

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel like a solid 50% of superheroes go through this at least once in any show or comic focused on them. I remember I used to watch the CW flash show in it's earlier seasons and it felt like in seasons 2 and 3 barry was losing his powers multiple times a season.

Movies as well; Peter loses his powers for a bit in Spider-Man 2, Tony has to deal with the malfunctioning MK. 42 in Iron Man 3, obviously Thor loses his powers in his first movie, etc. 

Responding to a comment on Insta, tandnbricks seems to confirm that in addition to iron legion, the ultron sentinels will also arrive in the summer. Very interesting

32 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Responding to a comment on Insta, tandnbricks seems to confirm that in addition to iron legion, the ultron sentinels will also arrive in the summer. Very interesting

My AoU wave prediction was right! Woo! I'll bet the $15 set is the Iron Legion, and we see the Ultron Sentries in some sort of final battle set thing 

59 minutes ago, poisonbricks said:

My AoU wave prediction was right! Woo! I'll bet the $15 set is the Iron Legion, and we see the Ultron Sentries in some sort of final battle set thing 

Be cool if the $15 set is 2 Iron legion vs 2 Ultron Sentries battlepack

27 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Be cool if the $15 set is 2 Iron legion vs 2 Ultron Sentries battlepack

I would love that, but as the two never fought in the film (and more importantly, Marvel isn't that generous with the figs anymore), I don't know if we'll see it. 

SPECULATION:

Tried to figure out a wave from the set prices we have without including a Hulkbuster :p

UCS AoU Quinjet: $169.99

• A display version of the Quinjet in the style of 76193: The Guardians Ship. It would feature Vision's pod as an accessory that can store inside the ship along with a feature to drop Cap's Motorbike. It'd feature the Battle Damaged Ultron Sentry that Ultron uses after his defeat with a partially transparent arm.
  • It'd feature six figures: Ultron Prime (New), Vision, Iron Man MK43 (New), Captain America, Black Widow and a Battle Damaged Ultron Sentry (New - Red Eyes)

Battle of Sokovia, $109.99

• Similar to 76261: Spider-man: Final Battle the set would be focused around depicting the final battle location of AoU. It'd be an open topped ruined structure of tan with the anti-gravity device in the middle for the heroes to defend
  • It'd feature 11 figures: Ultimate Ultron (New), Vision, Iron Man MK45 (New), Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver (New), Ultron Sentry (New - Blue eyes) and another Ultron Sentry (New - Blue eyes)

Hydra Base Attack: $59.99

• Primarily a remake of 76041: The Hydra Fortress Smash, no tank with focus on the castle this time with places for Hulk to smash.
  • The set would feature 5 figures: Big-Fig Hulk, Quicksilver (New) Captain America, Baron Strucker (New) and a Hydra Goon (New)

Iron Legion Attack: $14.99

• It'd be very loosely inspired by the film as it'd give us a War Machine figure as he has a small role in the film and would come with a stud launcher for playability. Build would be an assembly area for the Iron Legion that we briefly see in AoU.
  • The set would feature 3 figures: Iron Legion Sentry (New), Iron Legion Sentry (New), Ultron Sentry (New - Blue eyes) and War Machine MK2 (New)

This would leave a $24.99 set to be a Spider-man: NWH Bridge Battle set featuring Iron Spider-man, Doc Ock and Spider-man 1 Green Goblin and the other $59.99 set being a War Machine Helmet :P

1 hour ago, upliftingbricks said:
  • Be cool if the $15 set is 2 Iron legion vs 2 Ultron Sentries battlepack

There does seem to be some speculation on this being the case

On 1/12/2024 at 8:54 AM, oxy220 said:
  • Hello everyone. Do you think it's worth waiting for the Deadpool 3 sets? It's just that LEGO will release a"Jaws" set and I was wondering if there was a chance of releasing a Deadpool set.

IF we get accurate Deadpool 3 sets they would likely be the most appealing sets that Lego has done for a film - giving us vehicles and characters that would be nice for fans of the MCU and Fox-Verse.

I would say given the release dates shifting around, if Lego did plan any Deadpool 3 tie-in sets then they could be anytime from the Summer Wave to the Winter Wave.

Edited by Scarilian

Battle packs would be so awesome.

I'd love troops of Shield agents, Ultron drones, Chitauri, Sakaarans, and Kamar Taj sorcerers. New Nova corps and Ravagers would be cool too

3 hours ago, thebricksbear said:

Battle packs would be so awesome.

I'd love troops of Shield agents, Ultron drones, Chitauri, Sakaarans, and Kamar Taj sorcerers. New Nova corps and Ravagers would be cool too

I've been saying since endgame that they should have done a battle pack of each side's army-

Thanos's legion ($14.99): 2x outrider, 1x chitauri, 1x sakaarian. Build is one of those big ape things falcon stabs his wings through.

Earth's defenders ($14.99): 1x ravager, 1x kamar-taj sorcerer, 1x asgardian, 1x wakandan. Build is a larger-than-normal portal with a flying motorbike for the ravager.

Edit- nope, now I'm going and adding ones for your suggestions that weren't in the above-

Ultron sentries ($14.99): 3x ultron sentry, 1x ultron sentry (damaged- opposing transparent limbs and damage printing). Build is an assembly module with a small turret.

Shield Agents (not film based, $14.99): 1x shield pilot (oxygen mask, jumpsuit with straps), 2x shield trooper (face-concealing helmets, armor), 1x shield agent (jumpsuit- face and hair are Sharon Carter's). Build is a mall shield hulkbuster unit like from the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon.

Guardians battle ($14.99): 2x sakarrian, 2x nova corps trooper. Build is a sakaarian craft.

and one more while we're at it- Hydra Agents ($14.99): 2x hydra agent (green jumpsuits), 1x hydra heavy trooper (armor and helmet), 1x hydra assassin (Viper)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Marvel battle packs would be brilliant if they become a mainstay. Y'all have already said, but the options are kinda endless. Chitauri, Ultron drones, AIM, Hydra, Outriders, sorcerers... I really hope LEGO sees the potential too. 

I also hope the description of the Iron Legion battle pack means it's actually similar to a Star Wars battle pack in content and pricing, not just like two of them in a cheap set. That'd be cool and all, but the idea of getting four at a time is cooler.

The potential battle packs from just the Infinity Saga alone could be kept up for years, considering such packs could be done for the likes of:

• Hammer Drones (with a set including one of each of the four variations)
  • Einherjar
  • Frost Giants
  • HYDRA (TFA)
  • Chitauri
  • SHIELD Agents
  • Extremis Soldiers
  • Dark Elves
  • Sakaraans
  • Ravagers
  • Nova Corp Officers
  • HYDRA (AOU)
  • Iron Legion
  • Ultron Sentries
  • Sorcerers
  • Berserkers
  • Wakandans (Royal Guard, Border Tribe, Jabari Tribe, Dora Milaje)
  • Outriders
  • Kree/Starforce
  • Skrulls

2 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

The potential battle packs from just the Infinity Saga alone could be kept up for years, considering such packs could be done for the likes of:

I imagine they'd need them to tie in either with other sets they were making at the time OR they'd want them to be from movies that are popular enough to justify them (either past releases or films releasing at the same time to try and boost sales)

As examples:

2024 could give us:

• X-Men Sentinel Battle Pack - Tie in with the X-Jet and the X-Mansion
  • Iron Legion Battle Pack - Tie in with Avengers Tower and any potential set based on Sokovia
  • Ultron Sentry Battle Pack - Tie in with any sets intended to include Ultron Prime and/or Ultimate Ultron from AoU which I'd expect to be this year

2025 could then give us:

• Wakandan Battle Pack - Tie in with the release of the 'Eyes Of Wakanda' animated series intended for late 2024/early 2025
  • Skrull Battle Pack - Tie in with Fantastic Four, IF the Skrull are involved in that film.
Edited by Scarilian