Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What are you talking about? Clone Wars and Bad batch both had/have good viewership numbers, tons of people see Echo every few Wednesdays. Not sure why we're talking about star wars on the marvel thread, though. 

The issue with that is deadpool's costume is so comic-accurate that it's hard for lego to make clear it's a comic-based figure, and so well known for being vulgar lego probably doesn't want to risk it in any capacity.

With Daredevil, the show isn't as widely known in the general population as the deadpool films, the suit is very obviously not the netflix suit, etc. If a parent even realizes the character is in a TV-MA show, they can pretty clearly see it's not the same guy. With deadpool, it's pretty much the same suit, and a LOT of parents know about the deadpool films if for no other reason that their kids beg them to see them. (I think influence on kids is also a big part of it. In the show daredevil, he's a morally upstanding hero who has long conversations with his priest over his struggles with whether or not it's right to kill a villain. Deadpool, while not evil, is incredibly vulgar, flippant, and kills casually, and kids don't have the emotional maturity to realize "oh, deadpool's a broken man who hates himself, and what he's doing is not a good way to go about being a hero.")

Dude. Lego doesn't make sets based on R-rated properties. That is the line, and the most they've "crossed" it was a CMF fig based on a show that was made TV-MA AFTER the CMF was already made (I think it was officially announced before Echo was changed to TV-MA. Might have already been in-stores, I don't remember). Lego isn't Hasbro. 

As for nothing bad is gonna happen, I don't think the general argument is that it would be a bad move (though I think it would be. I don't want lego to open the bottle of R-rated sets), just that they won't do it, and complaining online won't change that. And as much as I'd like to see @BrickBob Studpants eat a minifig, it's late enough in the game that I don't think we'll see him.  Idk what the last message exactly means or that anyone has anti-deadpool bias, but lego isn't just going to ignore the character's reputation. Characters like daredevil and punisher have been relegated to only clearly comic-based versions in 18+ sets just because some of their more well-known stuff is mature. Deadpool is the embodiment of R-rated violence and language. Parents aren't going to be ok with him being in sets.

I don't have as much of an attachment to deadpool, but I love Invincible. Maybe my favorite superhero. But I don't really want invincible sets, because I don't think they should make sets for properties like that regardless of how much I enjoy them. I think that's the view a lot of people have with Deadpool.

I'm sorry, I'm just upset that my favorite upcoming movie with 2 of my favorite characters won't get sets :(

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I'm sorry, I'm just upset that my favorite upcoming movie with 2 of my favorite characters won't get sets :(

For me, it's the waste of all these characters, particularly all the cameo or spoiler characters rumored to appear, that gets to me. Especially as someone who is not an MCU fan and generally doesn't care for 90% of the MCU characters. I like the X-Men and the comic versions of the Marvel characters and this film seems primed to represent at least the former and maybe even the latter to a slight extent. We never got Lego sets on the FoX-Men films or Fox movies in general like Fantastic Four and Elektra so it's very disappointing that the one chance that these characters all could have gotten to finally appear in Lego form won't happen unless they appear in future films like Secret Wars. And even then, the main focus is going to be on the core MCU characters, so outside of Wolverine, Deadpool, and maybe a handful of X-Men (provided they even show up in Secret Wars since there's no guarantee with that), we probably won't get any of them.

On 4/22/2024 at 4:12 PM, JohnTPT17 said:

Well, Echo slipped through the cracks, so there is technically precedent now. 

Worth noting that the R rating for Echo was a complete surprise - I don't believe ANY film leaker called it before it was properly announced, feels like a last-minute thing. The show didn't particularly take advantage of it, so my assumption is it was done in reshoots.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

Worth noting that the R rating for Echo was a complete surprise - I don't believe ANY film leaker called it before it was properly announced, feels like a last-minute thing. The show didn't particularly take advantage of it, so my assumption is it was done in reshoots.

This is a very very important distinction. I guarantee you lego would not have put echo in the CMF if they knew it would be TV-MA.

13 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I get that. On the bright side, you know firestar's going to have "Multiversal Claw Man" and "Multiversal Wall-Breaker" figures right after the release of that film. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is a very very important distinction. I guarantee you lego would not have put echo in the CMF if they knew it would be TV-MA.

I get that. On the bright side, you know firestar's going to have "Multiversal Claw Man" and "Multiversal Wall-Breaker" figures right after the release of that film. 

I'm more of an Official Purist guy plus those aren't pad printed.

Wasted slot IMO, Jean or Gambit would have been better.

I would have gone with Rogue because she needed the dual-molded legs most. Plus the budget for a better hairpiece.

7 hours ago, Shiva said:

I'm glad we did get Echo.

me too. 

2 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I would have gone with Rogue because she needed the dual-molded legs most. Plus the budget for a better hairpiece.

I wish we got Jean in that suit from 2012 like your PFP, the new suit she has isn't as iconic.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I wish we got Jean in that suit from 2012 like your PFP, the new suit she has isn't as iconic.

By new suit, do you mean the 90s suit from the show or the new look she's sporting in the comics?

X-Men '97 spoilers.

Spoiler

Storm got her classic 70s costume again. Rumors are that the X-Men will get new costumes by the end of the season. Also there are hints that Jean will become Phoenix again. If she does become Phoenix again, future sets for S2 could feature her in a new Phoenix minifigure.

If we ever get a new Phoenix minifigure, I hope they use a lighter shade of green for her torso and legs, specifically the lime color that's used for Shaggy from Scooby-Doo. Her yellow accents should all be pearl gold as well.

Edited by JeanGreyForever

Just now, JeanGreyForever said:

By new suit, do you mean the 90s suit from the show or the new look she's sporting in the comics?

X-Men '97 spoilers.

Hide contents

Storm got her classic 70s costume again. Rumors are that the X-Men will get new costumes by the end of the season. Also there are hints that Jean will become Phoenix again. If she does become Phoenix again, future sets for S2 could feature her in a new Phoenix minifigure.

For a new Phoenix minifigure, I hope they use a lighter shade of green for her torso and legs like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo. Her yellow accents should all be pearl gold as well.

I mean that suit she has with the blue around the head and orange suit

I just hope they remake that one from 2012 SDCC

1 minute ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I mean that suit she has with the blue around the head and orange suit

I just hope they remake that one from 2012 SDCC

Got it, that's her 90s suit she's wearing in the show. I've never been a fan myself but it's probably her second most iconic look after the Phoenix costumes. Both suits made it into the Lego Marvel Super Heroes game.

I hope it gets remade too. I don't have the original figure, only a custom which is fairly well made but still not quite the same. And like the classic Magneto minifig, the Phoenix minifig is outdated now. No dual molded legs and sleeves although the sleeves can be replaced with more accurate ones for Phoenix.

Speaking of CMFs and X-Men, it’d be great if the next Marvel CMF was just X-Men ‘97 based. Even with the Jet, Mansion, and any potential sets next year, there should still be enough characters to fill 12 slots. I think I’ve counted 30 characters so far who’ve either played a large role or been a glorified cameo, and with season 2 presumably releasing next year, that number is bound to grow.

8 minuti fa, psqidexslizer ha detto:

Parlando di CMF e X-Men, sarebbe fantastico se il prossimo Marvel CMF fosse basato solo su X-Men '97. Anche con il Jet, Mansion e qualsiasi potenziale set l'anno prossimo, ci dovrebbero essere ancora abbastanza personaggi per riempire 12 slot. Penso di aver contato 30 personaggi finora che hanno interpretato un ruolo importante o sono stati un cameo glorificato, e con la stagione 2 presumibilmente in uscita l'anno prossimo, quel numero è destinato a crescere.

It would be too nice. and this reason is enough so that it doesn't happen lol

22 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Speaking of CMFs and X-Men, it’d be great if the next Marvel CMF was just X-Men ‘97 based. Even with the Jet, Mansion, and any potential sets next year, there should still be enough characters to fill 12 slots. I think I’ve counted 30 characters so far who’ve either played a large role or been a glorified cameo, and with season 2 presumably releasing next year, that number is bound to grow.

Yes, agreed. Even with the mansion set, it's safe to say we'll probably just get the original show's main team roster and really no one else with only 10 slots. No guarantees about Morph, Bishop, Nightcrawler, Sunspot, Forge, Cable, etc. A CMF could cover them along with costume changes like Wolverine in street clothes. In theory, they could throw in comic book versions of the characters not involved in the show like Deadpool.

Not to mention there's so many X-Men villains we need like an updated classic Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, Dark Phoenix, Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, Shadow King, Goblin Queen, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, Spiral, the classic Brotherhood of Mutants, etc. I guess Juggernaut couldn't work in a CMF as a bigfig but he's too popular not to include in a set down the line. Juggernaut's even fought Spider-Man in a classic Roger Stern issue so he could technically show up in a Spider-Man set.

Another Marvel Disney+ CMF series is something I don't see selling well with those shows losing more and more audience viewership outside of Daredevil. 

6 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Wasted slot IMO, Jean or Gambit would have been better.

I know we didn't go back to the series 1 shows much, but I also would have loved Zemo. Or Ms. Marvel, or Mobius, or Oroborous.

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

It would be too nice. and this reason is enough so that it doesn't happen lol

I disagree. I think JeanGreyForever makes some great points.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Yes, agreed. Even with the mansion set, it's safe to say we'll probably just get the original show's main team roster and really no one else with only 10 slots. No guarantees about Morph, Bishop, Nightcrawler, Sunspot, Forge, Cable, etc. A CMF could cover them along with costume changes like Wolverine in street clothes. In theory, they could throw in comic book versions of the characters not involved in the show like Deadpool.

Not to mention there's so many X-Men villains we need like an updated classic Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, Dark Phoenix, Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, Shadow King, Goblin Queen, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, Spiral, the classic Brotherhood of Mutants, etc. I guess Juggernaut couldn't work in a CMF as a bigfig but he's too popular not to include in a set down the line. Juggernaut's even fought Spider-Man in a classic Roger Stern issue so he could technically show up in a Spider-Man set.

Another Marvel Disney+ CMF series is something I don't see selling well with those shows losing more and more audience viewership outside of Daredevil. 

X-Men have a lot of characters they could cover. Arguably too many to include in sets, even if we get 5 or 6 of them. Disney+ shows are on the decline. There’s Daredevil, which will be TV-MA, so it won’t be covered. That basically leaves Zombies, What If, and two Wakanda shows, but I don’t see any of those being popular.

Now, of course, there’s no guarantee we’ll get another CMF. And it could always be Legacy based, which I’m sure would sell well. But, personally, I would really like an X-Men CMF.

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I know we didn't go back to the series 1 shows much, but I also would have loved Zemo. Or Ms. Marvel, or Mobius, or Oroborous.

It's a crime we didn't get Infinity Ultron.

50 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Is Ms. Marvel's look different in The Marvels compared to her show?

29 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

X-Men have a lot of characters they could cover. Arguably too many to include in sets, even if we get 5 or 6 of them. Disney+ shows are on the decline. There’s Daredevil, which will be TV-MA, so it won’t be covered. That basically leaves Zombies, What If, and two Wakanda shows, but I don’t see any of those being popular.

Now, of course, there’s no guarantee we’ll get another CMF. And it could always be Legacy based, which I’m sure would sell well. But, personally, I would really like an X-Men CMF.

Tbh I think Legocentrico is probably correct. An X-Men only CMF sounds too good to be true for it to actually happen lol. I would love to be proven wrong.

But I definitely think they won't be able to rely on Disney+ shows anymore. I forgot that Daredevil technically won't even be able to be covered. What a waste. In that case, they should just scrap the line because the rest isn't going to sell. Their only selling point was Daredevil and they can't even do that. 

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Is Ms. Marvel's look different in The Marvels compared to her show?

I didn't watch the Marvels, but if I remember correctly, her suit in the Marvels has a lot more red on it, whereas the suit in the show is more comic-accurate.

It's a crime we didn't get Infinity Ultron.

Totally forgot we didn't get him-  he 100% should have been in series 2.

On 4/23/2024 at 6:00 AM, JohnTPT17 said:

That would really be a waste of a CMF, in my opinion. The wider Marvel ones have given us characters (or at least versions of characters) outside of sets we might not otherwise get from shows that might not have gotten sets. If we get a vanilla Avengers CMF, it would probably have to have the six OG's in there in some form, which would take up half the roster, and is there interesting enough versions of them left to justify them being there? If not, then it would turn out like the Harry Potter CMFs (featuring the main characters in usually ordinary looking outfits), which, at least near me, weren't very popular.

I'd only be interested in an Avengers CMF if all the minifigures included were based on the comics. The colorful costumes are at least different enough from the films to keep the main heroes interesting and it would also provide a wider selection of interesting villains to pick from.

The MCU has already been done to death in the sets themselves that a CMF series wouldn't be bringing much new to the table.

3 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

X-Men has a gold mine of iconic characters to pick from that its frustrating to see Lego drip feed them at such a slow pace. I really hope that changes over the coming years.

I'm definitely in favor of the next CMF series ditching the Disney+ shows altogether and focusing exclusively on the X-Men.

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

Last I heard Marvel Zombies was also intended to be TV-MA. Unfortunately it sounds like they also plan on going through with Iron Heart and Wonder Man instead of cutting their loses.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I didn't watch the Marvels, but if I remember correctly, her suit in the Marvels has a lot more red on it, whereas the suit in the show is more comic-accurate.

I didn't watch it either lol if it wasn't obvious already. But at least there's a comic book version minifig of her as an alternative.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

I'd only be interested in an Avengers CMF if all the minifigures included were based on the comics. The colorful costumes are at least different enough from the films to keep the main heroes interesting and it would also provide a wider selection of interesting villains to pick from.

The MCU has already been done to death in the sets themselves that a CMF series wouldn't be bringing much new to the table.

X-Men has a gold mine of iconic characters to pick from that its frustrating to see Lego drip feed them at such a slow pace. I really hope that changes over the coming years.

I'm definitely in favor of the next CMF series ditching the Disney+ shows altogether and focusing exclusively on the X-Men.

Last I heard Marvel Zombies was also intended to be TV-MA. Unfortunately it sounds like they also plan on going through with Iron Heart and Wonder Man instead of cutting their loses.

I was also thinking that an Avengers CMF would be more interesting if we got comic versions of them. At this point, most of their MCU looks have already been adapted in minifig form.

Iron Heart and Wonder Man are both definitely going to flop. Wonder Man has one thing going in its favor which is that if he's still supposed to be an actor in the show, he might get more comic accurate costumes. And so his minifig could maybe pass off as his comic book version which would be nice next to the Avengers and his bestie Beast.