Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Glad to see a fire demon being included after all! :thumbup: Nothing too exciting, but I‘ll take it.

I certainly hope so! Secret Invasion can be ignored, but What If S2 and Loki S2 alone have enough cool characters to warrant a third series!

Most Definitely, I think Kahhori and God Loki will definitely be in the CMF. 

3 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

I'd hope we get some more normal X-Men '97 sets too, that show's greenlight as far as Season 3, and we at least need a solid Sentinel model imo.

True! I could totally see a X-Men '97 set next year similar to The Sandman Final Battle and how we expect the Surter set to look like but with a Sentinel alongside 2-3 figures (Especially since the X-Mansion has figures that can bleed into other sets)  

Wow episode 5 of X-Men ‘97. It nearly made me finally buckle and buy the X-Jet set but I’m still clinging on waiting on principle of the cost and waiting to know what (duplicate) minifigures come with the mansion.

If there is no Gambit minifigure this year I will be very unhappy.

22 minutes ago, Lego_ofme said:

Wow episode 5 of X-Men ‘97. It nearly made me finally buckle and buy the X-Jet set but I’m still clinging on waiting on principle of the cost and waiting to know what (duplicate) minifigures come with the mansion.

If there is no Gambit minifigure this year I will be very unhappy.

Keep in mind all the Quinjet figures were reused in the Tower, I'd expect the same for the X-Jet. Maybe Magneto in that costume remains exclusive, and his original suit could appear in the Mansion

I'd hope Professor X, Jean, Gambit and Jubilee are included to round up the original team. 97 really seems to embrace a rotating roster of characters (Bishop, Nightcrawler, Sunspot), which makes expectations difficult. X-Men sets have so much potential, I hope we don't go the Venom route with them, if we eventually get more

52 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

Keep in mind all the Quinjet figures were reused in the Tower, I'd expect the same for the X-Jet. Maybe Magneto in that costume remains exclusive, and his original suit could appear in the Mansion

I'd hope Professor X, Jean, Gambit and Jubilee are included to round up the original team. 97 really seems to embrace a rotating roster of characters (Bishop, Nightcrawler, Sunspot), which makes expectations difficult. X-Men sets have so much potential, I hope we don't go the Venom route with them, if we eventually get more

Yes I expect a lot of reuse - that’s one of the reasons why I haven’t gone to purchase it yet. There’s so many great minifigure options that hopefully we get over the coming years particularly if ‘97 is popular. For example I would love nightcrawler but I don’t think that’s likely for the mansion. Particularly if it’s only 10minifigs a lot of which will likely be characters we already have. Minimum I would settle for is a jubilee, gambit and Jean. 

3 hours ago, NXS7 said:

I don't even know if Xavier is a given. Maybe he'll be in a polybag.

I feel only Jean, Gambit, and Jubilee are givens.

Bishop is already out of the show so I can see them skipping them despite how prominent he was in merchandise and promotion. Nightcrawler is allegedly supposed to join the team eventually so he's probably more likely in future sets.

3 hours ago, NXS7 said:

The quinjet reuse is rare though I'd say. Usually 1 figure is kept exclusive for a set the price point of the quinjet even as you say it might be a variant of a character. The quinjet situation was strange though snd maybr its a new trend.

11 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I don't even know if Xavier is a given. Maybe he'll be in a polybag.

I feel only Jean, Gambit, and Jubilee are givens.

Bishop is already out of the show so I can see them skipping them despite how prominent he was in merchandise and promotion. Nightcrawler is allegedly supposed to join the team eventually so he's probably more likely in future sets.

Most sets are based off concept art. The X-Mansion is slightly different in that theres 5 years of material from 30 years ago to inform the set and the show its self was delayed likely meaning the set was before we knew of it, I'd still bet on concept art/merchandise characters being more likely than future inclusions in the show or characters that are out early in the run. I dont class that as a spoiler but I havent seen the show yet as I tend to binge once its all aired so if people could refrain from spoilers Id be very grateful.

Could we expect Lego sets for S2 of X-Men '97 in 2025? I mean how common is for Lego to make sets for the next seasons of the animation show? 

Talking about the X-Mansion, could we get a villian in the set? A sentinel is a pretty obvious choise, but what about a real villian? Like Sinister or Apocalypse? Bigfig of Apocalypse sounds like a dream.

1 hour ago, Duke27 said:

Could we expect Lego sets for S2 of X-Men '97 in 2025? I mean how common is for Lego to make sets for the next seasons of the animation show? 

Talking about the X-Mansion, could we get a villian in the set? A sentinel is a pretty obvious choise, but what about a real villian? Like Sinister or Apocalypse? Bigfig of Apocalypse sounds like a dream.

We didn’t technically get sets for What If Season 2, but then again, X-Men are arguably much more popular and doing better than What If. And there’s been demand for more X-Men for a while.

As for who is in the X-Mansion, we’ll know when someone leaks the figure list.

58 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

As for who is in the X-Mansion, we’ll know when someone leaks the figure list.

Hopefully we'll hear something in the coming weeks. We already have the minifigure list for the UCS Sail Barge which is due out in October so updates on the X-Mansion shouldn't be too far behind.

23 hours ago, Duke27 said:

I don't think looking at what LEGO did for other stuff is a very good indicator of what they *will* do for this. I'd say it depends entirely on the sets that are out already, and the success of the show itself.

We have the X-Jet, which seems to actually be doing very well considering the horrifically unattractive price, the X-Mansion, which I'm pretty sure will be a slam dunk, and the Wolverine Claws, which seem to be selling fine enough for the niche product they are. The CMF was a great success, and it seemed to me that the X-Men were up there with Moon Knight as the most sought after figures... and I guess we also have the construction figure Wolverine.

They clearly have a fair bit of confidence in the show to have done all that, which is a good sign already.

Looking at What If..?, we only got 5 figs in the first CMF, two sets for the first season, and then one fig for the second in the second CMF, with no sets. To me, that feels like LEGO adjusting their efforts away from What If..? After its reception was just sort of mediocre. The sets didn't seem to sell all that well either, over by me they're STILL warming shelves in some stores.

There's also the thing of Marvel themselves wanting to push the X-Men more now. Merchandising is a big part of that!

Right now, if I was a betting person, I'd put quite a lot of money on season 2 sets happening at least. But I guess we just gotta wait and see!

2 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

Looking at What If..?, we only got 5 figs in the first CMF, two sets for the first season, and then one fig for the second in the second CMF, with no sets. To me, that feels like LEGO adjusting their efforts away from What If..? After its reception was just sort of mediocre. The sets didn't seem to sell all that well either, over by me they're STILL warming shelves in some stores.

I generally agree, but the only official images of S3 we have (to my knowledge) see to be of the episode about giant mecha. 

But of course, since they're mecha that would look awesome as lego sets, lego's going to skip out on them to do the S2 version of the hydra buster.

2 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

Right now, if I was a betting person, I'd put quite a lot of money on season 2 sets happening at least. But I guess we just gotta wait and see!

Finger crossed we get more sets of X-men in 2025!

Actually i'm a little worried about the future model of the sentinel, becouse the previous one was really horrible. 

5 hours ago, Duke27 said:

Actually i'm a little worried about the future model of the sentinel, becouse the previous one was really horrible. 

I have a feeling they they'd adapt the $35 buildable figure format for a sentinel set now - wether you think that's a good thing or not, though... 😂

19 minutes ago, poisonbricks said:

I have a feeling they they'd adapt the $35 buildable figure format for a sentinel set now - wether you think that's a good thing or not, though... 😂

As someone with a deep hatred of them, I'd rather that format used for characters that make sense, like Surtur, Galactus or Sentinels, as opposed to giant actions figures of Iron Man, Cap, Wolverine and Venom

Giant Man was my exception to that, as I preferred the brickbuilt minifigure style used in Civil War, and the lack of a minifig scale set annoyed me

On 4/11/2024 at 8:57 AM, Duke27 said:

Well we got sets for Ultimate Spiderman in 2013 (Daily Bugle with Nova), 2014 (Spidercopter with Powerman and Ultimate Green Goblin), 2015 (Ultimate Rhino and Sandman construction set), and 2016 (Doc Ock vs White Tiger set). I can't think of any other animated Series for Marvel or DC that got sets 4 years in a row, but that's some sort of precedence if you're looking for it.

I really hope Rogue is exclusive to the X-Jet. 10 figures is not a lot and I would hate to have more than half the figures be duplicates. I really just want Jean grey to finally be produced and find it kind of annoying that we're still looking at the prospect of that not happening. Kind of hoping Bishop is also produced, but he has short hair in the new cartoon and honestly was hoping we'd get the CMF Wrestler mullet in black. I'm really just hoping they don't cheap out on leg and arm printing. This theme should really start giving characters the attention to detail they deserve. That also kind of annoys me.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

I really hope Rogue is exclusive to the X-Jet. 10 figures is not a lot and I would hate to have more than half the figures be duplicates. I really just want Jean grey to finally be produced and find it kind of annoying that we're still looking at the prospect of that not happening. Kind of hoping Bishop is also produced, but he has short hair in the new cartoon and honestly was hoping we'd get the CMF Wrestler mullet in black. I'm really just hoping they don't cheap out on leg and arm printing. This theme should really start giving characters the attention to detail they deserve. That also kind of annoys me.

I'm actually hoping Rogue is brought back into the X-Mansion now, at least if there's a chance she'll be upgraded. I'm not expecting a more accurate hairpiece for her but if we could get a version with dual molded legs and maybe better yellow printing on the torso, I'd be happy.

Similarly, I'd like to see Cyclops used again so we can get actual leg printing and yellow hips. However, if Morph is included, his legs could feature the yellow hips and leg printing, in which case reusing Cyclops wouldn't be as necessary. It would just take a duplicate copy of Morph's legs to fix Cyclops.

I know people want Magneto in his classic red and purple costume and it would be nice to get dual molded legs in a new version of that. But tbh, I'm really disappointed with his X-Jet figure and would like an upgraded version of that too. Currently, his hair is way too long and inaccurate. The Last Jedi Luke/Loki's hairpiece in white would have been perfect for Magneto. Also his costume in the show is a dark purple with a lot of black highlights, not a bright magenta. And he should have dual molded arms as well to replicate his opera-length gloves.

So if any of these X-Jet characters were used again but upgraded/fixed, I wouldn't be unhappy, even at the cost of maybe new characters. As for Bishop, I agree the CMF wrestler hair would be perfect. Since that likely won't happen, I would recommend using two hairpieces from the Hobbit sets. Either Thorin's hair or Bard the Bowman's hair. Both replicate the mullet style and are most frequently used in custom Bishop figures.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I know people want Magneto in his classic red and purple costume and it would be nice to get dual molded legs in a new version of that. But tbh, I'm really disappointed with his X-Jet figure and would like an upgraded version of that too. Currently, his hair is way too long and inaccurate. The Last Jedi Luke/Loki's hairpiece in white would have been perfect for Magneto. Also his costume in the show is a dark purple with a lot of black highlights, not a bright magenta. And he should have dual molded arms as well to replicate his opera-length gloves.

I can live with the inaccurate X-Jet figure only because its such an ugly costume in the show and not something I really want multiple minifigures of. Getting an updated classic costume would be preferable but ultimately I'd rather see Magneto left out entirely and get Mr. Sinister instead since we're REALLY lacking in X-Men villains at the moment.

3 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I'm actually hoping Rogue is brought back into the X-Mansion now, at least if there's a chance she'll be upgraded. I'm not expecting a more accurate hairpiece for her but if we could get a version with dual molded legs and maybe better yellow printing on the torso, I'd be happy.

Similarly, I'd like to see Cyclops used again so we can get actual leg printing and yellow hips. However, if Morph is included, his legs could feature the yellow hips and leg printing, in which case reusing Cyclops wouldn't be as necessary. It would just take a duplicate copy of Morph's legs to fix Cyclops.

So if any of these X-Jet characters were used again but upgraded/fixed, I wouldn't be unhappy, even at the cost of maybe new characters. As for Bishop, I agree the CMF wrestler hair would be perfect. Since that likely won't happen, I would recommend using two hairpieces from the Hobbit sets. Either Thorin's hair or Bard the Bowman's hair. Both replicate the mullet style and are most frequently used in custom Bishop figures.

I kind of just wish they got Rogue correct the first time around. I wish this theme was treated how Star Wars is treated. Bo Katan got leg and arm printing, but a new hair mould. Fennec Shen got arm printing plus a new helmet mould. Bib Fortuna also got a new head tail mould plus leg printing. I wish we just got at least a new hair mould for Rogue if they were going to cheap out on the dual moulding. She looks so awkward from the side. We know we're going to get Wolverine for sure. I'd put money down that Cyclops and Magneto are also going to show up. If Beast or Rogue show up, we will have at least half of the characters be variants or repeats of existing figures. Nothing is certain yet, but it's looking very likely that we won't get as many new characters as we'd desire. If they just produced Magneto and Rogue correctly the first time around we wouldn't need to have this conversation.

like what's up with Magneto? The light shade of purple/pink plus the long hair really feminizes Magneto. I understand the grandma Magneto jokes completely lol. Dual molded arms would have been great, I agree he needs the Luke hair in white, but honestly the color of his fit is the biggest atrocity in his production. They got him all the way wrong. Honestly the more time passes the more annoyed I am with how poorly executed the figures in that X-Jet are.

I just hope the figures and build are half decent. I'm not really expecting it to be amazing. Just decent enough. I will say, the exclusion of certain characters may not be too bad if they produce more sets in the coming years, which feels probable. We'll see.

5 hours ago, wesker said:

I can live with the inaccurate X-Jet figure only because its such an ugly costume in the show and not something I really want multiple minifigures of. Getting an updated classic costume would be preferable but ultimately I'd rather see Magneto left out entirely and get Mr. Sinister instead since we're REALLY lacking in X-Men villains at the moment.

Nobody seems to like this costume lol so I can see why nobody would care about getting a more accurate version. I'd like to see Sinister although with only 10 minifigs, I hope there's room for him.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

I kind of just wish they got Rogue correct the first time around. I wish this theme was treated how Star Wars is treated. Bo Katan got leg and arm printing, but a new hair mould. Fennec Shen got arm printing plus a new helmet mould. Bib Fortuna also got a new head tail mould plus leg printing. I wish we just got at least a new hair mould for Rogue if they were going to cheap out on the dual moulding. She looks so awkward from the side. We know we're going to get Wolverine for sure. I'd put money down that Cyclops and Magneto are also going to show up. If Beast or Rogue show up, we will have at least half of the characters be variants or repeats of existing figures. Nothing is certain yet, but it's looking very likely that we won't get as many new characters as we'd desire. If they just produced Magneto and Rogue correctly the first time around we wouldn't need to have this conversation.

like what's up with Magneto? The light shade of purple/pink plus the long hair really feminizes Magneto. I understand the grandma Magneto jokes completely lol. Dual molded arms would have been great, I agree he needs the Luke hair in white, but honestly the color of his fit is the biggest atrocity in his production. They got him all the way wrong. Honestly the more time passes the more annoyed I am with how poorly executed the figures in that X-Jet are.

I just hope the figures and build are half decent. I'm not really expecting it to be amazing. Just decent enough. I will say, the exclusion of certain characters may not be too bad if they produce more sets in the coming years, which feels probable. We'll see.

I don't follow the Star Wars sets anymore but I do hear complaints from most of the fandom that they're never happy with the new minifigs, especially the clone ones. They don't seem to know how well they have it though since Marvel seems to be allergic to leg printing. I feel like Beast will be likely to reappear because they'll want to include a character in the lab sections of the X-Mansion. If we're lucky we might get a new version wearing a labcoat but that might be wishful thinking.

The lack of quality control on the new minifigs is the main reason why I haven't picked up the X-Jet yet. I plan on getting it eventually but I was so annoyed by the minifigs that it hasn't been a priority. Wolverine was the least offensive since at least there's a better version of him available. I saw Rogue got the most flack but I thought Cyclops was worse off. It honestly doesn't even look like Cyclops to me but like someone cosplaying him in pajamas. I can understand the lack of leg printing (although I don't agree with it, especially for the price of the set), but not even including yellow hips really felt like Lego was purposefully trying to upset people. Then the hair is way too dark (in the show, his hair is almost as red as Jean's hair) and doesn't even cover the blue on his forehead.

Rogue at least is passable, from the front anyway. From the sides and back she looks like a disaster and I don't get Lego's obsession with this generic hairpiece which most of the Marvel women have gotten. Her 90s hair is so distinctively voluminous that it's just an odd choice. And I'm 99% sure that the Jean minifig will have the same hair but in red (like in the Lego Marvel Super Heroes video game). If Storm hadn't chopped off her hair into a mohawk, I'm sure they would have repeated the same hairpiece but in white, like her previous minifig.

I didn't realize how inaccurate Magneto was until the show actually came out. The hair always seemed odd to me because his hair has never been that long and straight. It's like Lego got confused with his clone from the 90s, Joseph. But the show made me realize how dark his costume really is unlike the minifig which borders on pink. Like with Cyclops and even Rogue, the hair wouldn't bother so much if the actual costume was done well. I agree with you completely that it's annoying that they couldn't have just given us the perfect versions of these characters the first time around.

12 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

For me the sentinel for $35 is a perfect choice (according to the size for such price). But the problem is we already get an updated helmet of sentinel in CMFs. It's very unlikely such small helmet could be integrated in $35 buildable figure. Maybe we will get couple versions of the sentinels?

7 hours ago, cosmic said:

If Beast or Rogue show up, we will have at least half of the characters be variants or repeats of existing figures

In the leaked image of X-mansion in 2023 Beast had his white scientist suit.

1 hour ago, Duke27 said:

For me the sentinel for $35 is a perfect choice (according to the size for such price). But the problem is we already get an updated helmet of sentinel in CMFs. It's very unlikely such small helmet could be integrated in $35 buildable figure. Maybe we will get couple versions of the sentinels?

I'm of the opinion that the CMF Sentinel head is very simply an accessory - if it was a tease for a full build, I'd have thought it'd be here by now, it wouldn't have been many pieces to add into the Blackbird set, and the X-Mansion is way too far out for that to have been the plan imo.

14 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I don't follow the Star Wars sets anymore but I do hear complaints from most of the fandom that they're never happy with the new minifigs, especially the clone ones. They don't seem to know how well they have it though since Marvel seems to be allergic to leg printing.

While the clone complaints are annoying and very nitpicky, it's important to note there's a reason that star wars gets more printing and molds. It sells significantly better.

11 hours ago, Duke27 said:

In the leaked image of X-mansion in 2023 Beast had his white scientist suit.

That set definitely isn't the leaked part count and price, so I assume the figures won't be very accurate to that image either.

23 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

I'm of the opinion that the CMF Sentinel head is very simply an accessory - if it was a tease for a full build, I'd have thought it'd be here by now, it wouldn't have been many pieces to add into the Blackbird set, and the X-Mansion is way too far out for that to have been the plan imo.

I hope you are right 

On 4/13/2024 at 3:05 AM, cosmic said:

We know we're going to get Wolverine for sure. I'd put money down that Cyclops and Magneto are also going to show up. If Beast or Rogue show up, we will have at least half of the characters be variants or repeats of existing figures. Nothing is certain yet, but it's looking very likely that we won't get as many new characters as we'd desire

The best comparison to what we'll get in the X-Mansion is what we got with the Sanctum. Unlike the big figure counts with the Bugle or Tower, the Sanctum's 9 figure count only consisted of one repeat figure from the Doctor Strange MOM Gargantos set, and the rest all used new printing somewhere (18 new prints total). But the Wong and America Chavez used in the Gargantos set weren't repeated in the Sanctum, even though they easily could've been, but America remained exclusive, and we got a different Wong

You're on the nail that Wolverine is a given, so that's one repeat from the X-Jet. I reckon Cyclops will also be a repeat, but possibly with printed legs (at least I hope), as he is the current leader of the team. As the X-Men's main villain/frenemy my wildcard guess is Magneto in his classic suit, reusing the same head but no printed legs, only a new torso. Rogue could be the new America, and stay exclusive to the X-Jet. So currently 2 new prints

Jean Grey, Gambit and Jubilee are the top picks to round out the base team of the cartoon. Jean would need a new face and torso (leg printing isn't essential for her costume), Gambit and Jubs would both need new face, torso and legs (it would also be cool if either used the Scarlet Witch skirt cloth piece for their coats. Between the two I think Jubilee would suit it better though, and I'm fine with Gambits coat being leg printing. Also if Jubilee ends up with bright light orange over yellow, they can reuse the skirt cloth from Dreamzzz)

Sinister is also the likely option for the villain, and would take a new face and torso at least. And finally as everyone says, it makes sense for the Professor to appear here, so a new face and torso. This makes my total new print count 14, and figure count 8.

For the other 2 figures, I'm just as clueless as to who it might be as everyone else, but to throw names around, lab coat Beast needs 2 new prints, Morph needs 2 (if same legs as Cyclops), Bishop needs 3, Nightcrawler needs 2, Deadpool needs 3, Iceman needs 2 and Sunspot needs 2. Two of these picks would bring the new print total to between 16-18

Just remember this is all speculation, and just because the Sanctum had 8 new figures/18 new prints, it doesn't mean the X-Mansion will be the same, this is all just my own guesswork. If in 7 months time it turns out I got all of this right, feel free to ask me about lottery numbers :laugh: