Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Skyline got revealed and it looks the same as the leak from last year, not looking too good for the X mansion

Wheres the correlation there? Medieval Town Square was vastly different to leak. Its going to different on a case by case basis

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, poisonbricks said:

For those who don't know, or need a refresher, the mansion looks like this in TAS. No chance they just slap on the 97' branding to the survey model and call it a day. 

I do 100% expect a different character selection to the survey, but I also wouldn't get hopes up too far. Xavier is gonna be in there regardless of his absence from '97 (it's his school, after all) and if I was a betting woman I'd put money on them throwing Iceman in to finish up the Amazing Friends. That'd only really leave 3-4 more new characters, because they're likely bleeding in figs from the Blackbird (and maybe the CMF?). 

Considering the prominent members in the show that we don't have yet are Bishop, Jean, Gambit, Morph, Jubilee and Sunspot... there's gonna be a couple unfortunate snubs regardless of the selection. And I guess there's the villains and whole extended cast. Sinister, Emma Frost, Cable, Madelyne Pryor, Nightcrawler, Forge... you could kinda go all day.

I'm definitely expecting Xavier as well. Unless it turns out there's some sort of GWP that may include him instead. I'm also expecting Magneto, if not a reuse then of him in his classic red and purple costume. I feel like they'll complete the main cast so definitely Jean, Gambit, and Jubilee. Gambit is a fan favorite anyway so it would be hard to exclude him. And I can see Morph being included because he's also a fan favorite and because that generic yellow and blue X-Men uniform seems like an obvious one to make. Beyond that, I think we could get either Bishop or Sunspot but not both. I do feel like we'll get one of them because the racial optics of excluding both wouldn't look good. I'm sure Wolverine and Beast will be reused. They'll probably skip Storm and Rogue. Cyclops can go either way but if he was included, I wonder if they would upgrade his legs to feature an actual yellow belt and leg printing.

Honestly, I feel like they can skip villains but I can see from a play point of view why it would be necessary to include at least one villain especially since the only other villain we have so far is the Sentinel. Maybe this is where they'll throw in Sinister since he's the big bad. If Xavier is being included, even though he's not in the show, maybe they could get away with it by featuring Xavier as the X-Men's leader and villain Magneto instead of his reformed version like in the X-Jet set.

I don't see Iceman showing up, regardless of whether or not he's one of the Amazing Friends. I haven't heard anything about him being in the show. I posted sometime back about some characters who were confirmed to show up (Colossus, Magik, Longshot, and Havok), but Iceman wasn't one of them. His inclusion would be as random as Deadpool being part of the set. Iceman's best chance is for a future Spider-Man set that features him as a guest character. 

new-x-men-97-promo-art-includes-colossus

Edited by JeanGreyForever

14 hours ago, hvader said:

With these leaks, should I even get the Avengers Tower at this point?

I'm holding off on Avengers Tower until heavy discount or lots of VIP points. I think externally it looks alright, but mostly as a display model. There's not much really focused around AoU where that design was most prominant, instead leaning more towards Avengers and Endgame when it was an entirely different exterior. I think we'll probably wind up getting a second wave of AoU sets focusing on the Ultron side of the movie next year, as would be the 10th anniversary of the film, so I expect we'll get variations of some of the figures in that set. I imagine the set will probably retire in 2026/2027 so you've got a while.

18 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

If Xavier is being included, even though he's not in the show,

Xavier is part of the cast that was announced with the trailer he’ll be voiced by Ross Marquand.

I'll be very mad if Professor X isn't included, he most likely will but you never know, X-Men 97 didn't show him as far as I know.

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I'll be very mad if Professor X isn't included, he most likely will but you never know, X-Men 97 didn't show him as far as I know.

The trailer did technically show him.

5 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Xavier is part of the cast that was announced with the trailer he’ll be voiced by Ross Marquand.

That's good to hear. I'm sure we'll follow his exploits in space the way S2 always ended every episode with a few minutes on Xavier and Magneto trapped in the Savage Land.

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

This forum is very quiet for marvel :(

Well, not much to discuss at the moment! Unless minifigs from the June wave start leaking :shrug_oh_well: 

Quite a few Marvel sets are on sale on the Lego website (in the UK at least). There's some news! 

The Hoopty is 20% off, taking it to £67.99 which is still outrageous. 

2 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Quite a few Marvel sets are on sale on the Lego website (in the UK at least). There's some news! 

The Hoopty is 20% off, taking it to £67.99 which is still outrageous. 

It was exclusive to Smyths Toys and went down to 49.99 which was still too much for me. Looks like theyve sold the last of their stock and stopped selling it (removed from the website not just OOS) even though its not retired yet which I've never seen before.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, upliftingbricks said:

It was exclusive to Smyths Toys and went down to 49.99 which was still too much for me. Looks like theyve sold the last of their stock and stopped selling it (removed from the website not just OOS) even though its not retired yet which I've never seen before.

Hadn't clocked it was even on Smyths. Some Eternals sets are still on Lego.com at 40% off. I imagine the Hoopty will go the same way, loads of stock they can't shift. I'd probably pick it up for 40% off, if I needed something to get into a good GWP threshold. 

Edited by squiz18

Since the forum is quiet for now, I thought I'd share a theory of mine: 

I think set 76283 is going to be a set based on Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (Used to be called Spider-Man: Freshman Year). 

Reasons I think this backs my theory up, is:

We haven't heard anything about the mystery 76283 set in a while, maybe the reason we haven't heard in a while is cause IF it's based on FNSM, the set info would drop whenever the show is coming out (the show has had a bit of production problems apparently) and it seems the show is finally coming out late this year. 

The only Disney+ Marvel shows that get full sets are the cartoon based ones (Examples: What If and X-Men '97)

Obviously, Spider-Man is the most popular Marvel character

Again this is just my theory but I feel like that's what 76283 is likely to be IMO.

4 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

Since the forum is quiet for now, I thought I'd share a theory of mine: 

I think set 76283 is going to be a set based on Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (Used to be called Spider-Man: Freshman Year). 

Reasons I think this backs my theory up, is:

We haven't heard anything about the mystery 76283 set in a while, maybe the reason we haven't heard in a while is cause IF it's based on FNSM, the set info would drop whenever the show is coming out (the show has had a bit of production problems apparently) and it seems the show is finally coming out late this year. 

The only Disney+ Marvel shows that get full sets are the cartoon based ones (Examples: What If and X-Men '97)

Obviously, Spider-Man is the most popular Marvel character

Again this is just my theory but I feel like that's what 76283 is likely to be IMO.

I hope so, that show has a lot of cool characters/designs that would be nice to get figs of

The X-Jet is finally starting to hit the deep discount prices. For any fellow Canadians here, Indigo has it on sale for $77 compared to the regular $110 price. I'm very tempted, but I'm not sure if it'll go any lower or if this is the best it'll get.

On 3/13/2024 at 10:09 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well, not much to discuss at the moment! Unless minifigs from the June wave start leaking :shrug_oh_well: 

Even the minifigures are hardly worth discussing. Its just the same characters we've gotten a dozen times before.

At this point its really just the X-Mansion, Milano and Surtur maintaining my interest for the remainder of the year. The rest of the theme feels completely stale and out of ideas.

9 hours ago, wesker said:

Even the minifigures are hardly worth discussing. Its just the same characters we've gotten a dozen times before.

At this point its really just the X-Mansion, Milano and Surtur maintaining my interest for the remainder of the year. The rest of the theme feels completely stale and out of ideas.

Which is hilarious because there's still so much for this theme to explore. I fear sounding redundant so I won't pester too much about this, but it can't help but feel obvious to pull from more comic sources for content. I understand the need to address the 4+ audience but I wish we had 1-2 sets max per wave or year for those, to allot more space for other media. Namely, I want Squirrel Girl and Arm Fall Off Boy. But I'm sure there's other obscure characters like the Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy, or Antman/The Wasp who could use a comic variant or two image.gif.68c3018811cbb09be9ac431a994be8ad.gif

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

Which is hilarious because there's still so much for this theme to explore. I fear sounding redundant so I won't pester too much about this, but it can't help but feel obvious to pull from more comic sources for content. I understand the need to address the 4+ audience but I wish we had 1-2 sets max per wave or year for those, to allot more space for other media. Namely, I want Squirrel Girl and Arm Fall Off Boy. But I'm sure there's other obscure characters like the Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy, or Antman/The Wasp who could use a comic variant or two image.gif.68c3018811cbb09be9ac431a994be8ad.gif

Arm Fall Off Boy isn’t Marvel.

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

Arm Fall Off Boy isn’t Marvel.

For some reason I swore he was part of the Great Lakes Avengers, or Avengers West Coast. Interesting. Either way, there's still a lot to pull from for inspiration for sets so the idea that this theme is "running out of ideas" is still silly. Arm Fall Off Boy may not be from Marvel, but Marvel still has lots of interesting designs to produced. I'd enjoy getting classic Vision for example.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cosmic said:

For some reason I swore he was part of the Great Lakes Avengers, or Avengers West Coast. Interesting. Either way, there's still a lot to pull from for inspiration for sets so the idea that this theme is "running out of ideas" is still silly. Arm Fall Off Boy may not be from Marvel, but Marvel still has lots of interesting designs to produced. I'd enjoy getting classic Vision for example.

I agree 100%. I’d like comic based versions of all the Avengers we haven’t gotten yet. Black Widow. Vision. Scarlet Witch. Quicksilver. Dr. Strange. Antman. Wasp. And classic versions of Thor and Hawkeye would also be appreciated.

Villains would be great too. Ultron. Kang. Baron Zemo. Enchantress. The Leader. The Mandarin. Classic Loki. Etc.

Edited by psqidexslizer

Any good guesses on when the next 2x VIP weekend might be? I'm really wanting to get the tower but since it's a massive amount of points, it'd be dumb not to do it on a VIP weekend.

On 3/15/2024 at 10:42 PM, wesker said:

Yeah, that‘s true! There‘s likely not a single new character in any of the summer sets, unless we count Surtur :laugh:

The lack of new MCU movies this year (D&W aside) is truly felt. The X-Mansion is promising though, and the Milano sounds like an excellent set!

Posted (edited)

Forgive me if we've discussed this earlier in the thread, but how many sets should we expect for MCU Fantastic Four next year? 

The reason I ask this is because I feel like it would be a Missed Opportunity if LEGO didn't make 4 sets since it's the Fantastic FOUR. Also it's a no brainer from a marketing standpoint, cause when they market the 4 sets, they could say about the sets in LEGO Shop magazines, stores, etc:  " Check out The Fantastic 4 Fantastic Four sets!" 

Before I'll see myself out for the dad joke, in all seriousness I do think it would be cool if we actually got 4 sets for the movie next year. If I had to brainstorm set ideas (well it depends on what the plot of the movie is but there have been rumors out there that I can use as a base for brainstorming):

Set 1: Fantastic Four Lab similar to Guardians of the Galaxy Headquarters (76253). Minifigures included would be Mr.Fantastic and Invisible Woman. Price: $9.99

Set 2: Galactus and his main herald (Some rumors say the herald is Silver Surfer while others suggest it will be someone obscure from the comics) vs Human Torch with a similar build to Spider-Man vs. Sandman: Final Battle (76280) with Galactus being built like Sandman (the buildable figure style. Minifigures would be Human Torch and Galactus' Herald. Price: $34.99

Set 3: Buildable H.E.R.B.I.E. Around the price range and piece range of the Baby Groot (76217 and 76249) and Rocket (76282) sets. Price: $59.99

Set 4: Fantasticar. Of course if the Fantasticar is even in the movie the build would be of course built in the shape of what it looks like in the movie. Minifigures would be Mr.Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing (big fig), and Galactus' Herald. Price: $79.99

Edited by calebcold3

31 minutes ago, calebcold3 said:

Forgive me if we've discussed this earlier in the thread, but how many sets should we expect for MCU Fantastic Four next year? 

The only movies that got more than 3 sets on release were The Batman, Wakanda Forever, and The Avengers films. I wouldn’t count on Fantastic Four getting more than 3. 

13 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

The only movies that got more than 3 sets on release were The Batman, Wakanda Forever, and The Avengers films. I wouldn’t count on Fantastic Four getting more than 3. 

Didn't Eternals get 4 sets or am I misremembering? Then again Eternals sets BOMBED hard and warm the shelves to this day so LEGO probably wouldn't want to make 4 sets on a movie that's reintroducing a team that has had bad luck in film adaptations in the past. 

Still think it would be funny if they made 4 sets so they could promote them as the "FANTASTIC 4 Fantastic Four sets!" :tongue: