Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

48 minuti fa, Scarilian ha detto:

Non c'è niente di nuovo in quell'articolo di cui non sappiamo da mesi. Siamo ancora nella stessa situazione.

In truth, until yesterday we knew about the recast, not about a huge downsizing of the character, even close to exclusion from the film, according to some sources. Of course not getting the minifigure would be very disappointing, and makes me hate that 2023 set even more.

Obviously these are only rumors, nothing confirmed by Disney

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

In truth, until yesterday we knew about the recast, not about a huge downsizing of the character, even close to exclusion from the film [...]

Exactly. We only knew about the change in title, writer, and director, not that Kang's role would be downsized or even removed. That part is definitely new, since previous rumours indicated that Colman Domingo would replace Jonathan Majors :shrug_oh_well:

Either way, they missed a good chance to release a Kang minifig and while another opportunity may still present itself, I'm not holding my breath. 

The leak I’m most looking forward to now is the buildable Green Goblin. Can’t wait to see how they execute that

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

My guess would be a buildable figure :classic: The 2014 moulded piece certainly isn‘t around anymore (and it was too big anyway), so I expect a new smaller moulded part for the main body and buildable limbs as before :laugh:

The Avatar arms/legs could work too, but so far they haven‘t been used outside of that theme. I highly doubt they‘re license-locked though!

Eggman uses the long legs.

son003.png

1 hour ago, hvader said:

The leak I’m most looking forward to now is the buildable Green Goblin. Can’t wait to see how they execute that

Since the Bat-Pod is rumored to include a Batman minifigure with the buildable figure maybe we can get OG 2002 Green Goblin in the glider buildable figure ?

29 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Since the Bat-Pod is rumored to include a Batman minifigure with the buildable figure maybe we can get OG 2002 Green Goblin in the glider buildable figure ?

Isn't that already confirmed, or am I hallucinating?

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

If you mean that a Batman Minifigure is included with the Buildable Batman on Bat-Pod then yes it's confirmed, Falconfan said it 

28 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

If you mean that a Batman Minifigure is included with the Buildable Batman on Bat-Pod then yes it's confirmed, Falconfan said it 

No, I mean the goblin part.

12 hours ago, Brickroll said:

It is confirmed that it is a buildable 2002/NWH Bridge Battle Green Goblin with Glider buildable figure.

We don't have any confirmation on if it includes a figure. The hope is that because the Batman buildable figure has a minifigure, maybe they'll do the same for the Green Goblin buildable figure.

17 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

In truth, until yesterday we knew about the recast, not about a huge downsizing of the character, even close to exclusion from the film, according to some sources. Of course not getting the minifigure would be very disappointing, and makes me hate that 2023 set even more.

We knew the actor was fired and would be replaced. There was never a discussion about scrapping Kang completely as then those that supported the MCU would feel like prior set-up was meaningless. Kang's role being downsized was stated when they dropped the title of the film and it just became 'Avengers 5', was clear at that point he would'nt be as much of a focal point. In terms of exclusion the only mention of that I've seen involves excluding the character from Avengers 5 and having him in Avengers 6/7 - which would still likely result in us getting a figure.

Even with the downsizing, if he's one of the core villains of Avengers 5/6/7 then he'll wind up getting included. By that point in time it'd be a Kang figure based on a different actor, thus circumventing the controversy surrounding giving us the character. It's also entirely possible that Lego never intended to give us Kang at this stage regardless, preferring to save him for Avengers 5/6/7 to improve set sales later.

Edited by Scarilian

Looks like Funko are moving away from “Venomized” Marvel characters and switching to “Carnageized” versions, can’t wait for LEGO to follow suit.

2 ore fa, Scarilian ha detto:

È anche del tutto possibile che Lego non abbia mai avuto intenzione di darci Kang in questa fase, preferendo salvarlo per Avengers 5/6/7 per migliorare le vendite di set in seguito.

This is a topic that intrigues me a lot: where does Disney end? And where does Lego begin? We know that Lego receives concept art (more or less detailed, more or less definitive), but can it decide whether to exclude a character? Maybe a very important character like the villain? The situation is probably more complex than it appears to us, but if Disney sends images of (I'll give an example) Antman and Kang I don't think Lego can decide to exclude it. He certainly doesn't do it thinking that the character will appear in another film that will be released in a few years. It's Disney who knows the character's future, not Lego, and I doubt Disney would tell Lego not to include Kang because we'll have the minifigure in a few years (Not to mention that Lego is very good at making us buy the same characters for years with simple graphic updates).

However, I am convinced that the omission of all the villains of 2023 is not accidental. Majors' legal problems may have had an impact, but the one-off set was announced before the arrest, so the exclusion was decided earlier. The rumors continue to claim that Disney was very convinced of the success of Quantumania, Kang was presented as the new Thanos, why limit the merchandise??? Maybe Disney was aware that the movie sucks (very likely option in my opinion), and they did damage control. Or someone noticed that all the villains of 2023 were black, and this caused concern.

Even the "evilness" of the High Evolutionary doesn't convince me as a motivation, I still think that he had a slot in the Rocket set, and was canceled at a later time.

22 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Majors' legal problems may have had an impact, but the one-off set was announced before the arrest, so the exclusion was decided earlier.

Technically, there was no exclusion, we simply didn‘t get a minifig-scale set :laugh:

We don‘t know exactly how the negotiations between TLG and their licensing partners work, except for a few anecdotes. We know for instance that the LEGO designers have some decision-making power as Disney/Lucasfilm wanted them to do the four-winged shuttle for Rogue One, and the designers argued for Krennic‘s shuttle instead and obviously came out on top in the end :wink:

Not including the High Evolutionary could‘ve been Disney/Marvel‘s decision/recommendation since they knew what the character was up to.

6 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Looks like Funko are moving away from “Venomized” Marvel characters and switching to “Carnageized” versions, can’t wait for LEGO to follow suit.

Oh god, no

To me Kang was a bad villian, not threatening enough, High Evolutionary was way better and was actually intimidating, Kang got defeated by ants xD, hopefully they replace him with Doctor Doom

7 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Kang got defeated by ants xD, hopefully they replace him with Doctor Doom

The same Doctor Doom who was canonically defeated by squirrels?

40 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

That's not comparable in any way.

Comics have countless issues. A lot of them contradict each other, but it doesn't matter, because every writer is allowed to write their own story. There's no consistency. 

MCU is trying to make single projects, while also building up to a culmination for them. They announced a Multiverse Saga with Kang as the main villain. Then, in the beginning of Phase 5, they make a movie where THE Kang (not any of his variants, but Kang the Conqueror) loses to... Ant-Man. And then they bury themselves even deeper with that awful post-credit scene.

There's no denying that they messed it up horribly. For example, Loki did an incredible job of introducing Kang variants, and showing how big of a threat they are. 

Imagine if Thanos was the main villain of Guardians of the Galaxy, and got defeated by Groot in that very same movie. There's no way you'd treat him the same in Infinity War.

1 hour ago, NXS7 said:

Let’s not forget the big bad of the Infinity Saga got taken down by NYPD.

7il5z3wb4us01.jpg?auto=webp&s=54696fbb93

50 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's not comparable in any way.

Comics have countless issues. A lot of them contradict each other, but it doesn't matter, because every writer is allowed to write their own story. There's no consistency. 

MCU is trying to make single projects, while also building up to a culmination for them. They announced a Multiverse Saga with Kang as the main villain. Then, in the beginning of Phase 5, they make a movie where THE Kang (not any of his variants, but Kang the Conqueror) loses to... Ant-Man. And then they bury themselves even deeper with that awful post-credit scene.

There's no denying that they messed it up horribly. For example, Loki did an incredible job of introducing Kang variants, and showing how big of a threat they are. 

Imagine if Thanos was the main villain of Guardians of the Galaxy, and got defeated by Groot in that very same movie. There's no way you'd treat him the same in Infinity War.

100% this- comics ALWAYS have wacky stuff and contradict eachother even in the same continuity. There are literal hundreds of marvel issues released every year. Marvel movies and shows are much higher budget and don't come close to that number of releases per year, so it's not unreasonable to expect a much higher standard of consistency and continuity.

13 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Let’s not forget the big bad of the Infinity Saga got taken down by NYPD.

Hold on- he was ARRESTED by the NYPD. He was defeated by a 10 year old boy.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

16 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Maybe Disney was aware that the movie sucks (very likely option in my opinion), and they did damage control.

Lego doesn't actually care if the movie is going to be good or not, they're a toy company.

Like if Lego only made sets based on certified kino we wouldnt've gotten Love and Thunder or Black Widow.

The same Master of Magnetism Magneto who was defeated by a wooden gun?

I'm really curious as to what LEGO will end up doing for the F4 in 2025. I'm hoping there's a bit of a push for them across merchandising, so more of an Eternals wave than a Quantumania one in terms of quantity. Though, I could see a similar situation to Multiverse of Madness? One standard playset then the Baxter Building as the modular for that year?

It's hard to come up with set ideas when we know so little, but assuming Galactus is in the movie, it'd be so cool to see him in the style of the Up-Scaled Minifigure set. Maybe a Fantasticar if that appears? I could also see a big buildable 18+ HERBIE, I feel like he's gonna end up being a popular character for merch. 

I just hope that the F4 aren't relegated to a single set that has the team and nobody else. Recent MCU movies have had a pretty rough track record in terms of LEGO representation lately. 

2 ore fa, PGBQW ha detto:

A Lego in realtà non importa se il film sarà buono o no, sono un'azienda di giocattoli.

Exactly, that's why I said Disney

1 ora fa, BoyLego ha detto:

Lo stesso Maestro del Magnetismo Magneto che è stato sconfitto da una pistola di legno?

This actually makes a lot of sense

1 hour ago, poisonbricks said:

I'm really curious as to what LEGO will end up doing for the F4 in 2025.

I imagine we'd get at least two sets based on the film, one featuring Big-Fig Thing, the other featuring the main villain. We could get three sets, but I think two would work.

• Captain America 4 is seemingly only getting 1 set
  • Thunderbolts is probably going to get 3 sets, but the shifting release dates probably means we won't get the sets on time
  • Fantastic Four probably getting 2 or 3 sets

I'm really curious as to what LEGO will end up doing for the F4 in 2025.

I'd imagine they have plans for another comic-inspired D2C set in 2025. Similar to the Daily Bugle as it will have been around 4 years at that point.

2026/2027 would give us an MCU inspired D2C as they'd want cross-promotion with Avengers 5/6/7.

2028 would then give us a 20th anniversary D2C, as they seem to be remembering that Marvel has those - given the Milano is listed as a 10th anniversary set for that film.

Assuming Galactus is in the movie, it'd be so cool to see him in the style of the Up-Scaled Minifigure set.

I'd imagine Galactus would be a buildable figure similar to how they tackled Sandman recently. I think the poor sales of the Arishem set means there's little chance for that style to be replicated, though admittedly that is the alternative. I think anything smaller scale would'nt really fit.

2 hours ago, BoyLego said:

The same Master of Magnetism Magneto who was defeated by a wooden gun?

They adapted it to be a plastic injector gun in the movie :p