Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I just had a horrifying premonition of CMF series 3 being venomized.

What If season 4 will be exclusively “what if *blank* was Venomized” episodes. Lego will produce a Morbillion tie-in sets.

8 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

What If season 4 will be exclusively “what if *blank* was Venomized” episodes. Lego will produce a Morbillion tie-in sets.

I’ll have to check my sources. I had heard that one episode of season four would be “WHAT IF… Madame Web’s mother wasn’t in the Amazon researching spiders right before she died.”

Squirrel Girl is showing up in Spidey and his amazing friends.

Maybe this is our chance?

On 2/14/2024 at 3:49 PM, Lego Nostalgia said:

Are the costumes going to be the same as in that picture marvel released with the cast for valentines day ? If so I don't really like the design but I guess it's better than no Fantastic Four

On 2/14/2024 at 4:40 PM, Lego Nostalgia said:

The movie is supposed to be set in the 60's, at least that's what people are saying 

Source? The Valentine’s Day photo has definite 1960’s vibes, but nothing that explicitly specifies the time period. 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Source? The Valentine’s Day photo has definite 1960’s vibes, but nothing that explicitly specifies the time period. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeSXrBMH/

It's not confirmation that it is 60s, Ben just might like trying to read old Life magazines even though we all know his big rocky fingers aren't turning any pages. But it's something more than 'the photo has 60s vibe'

Edited by NXS7

8 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

I’ll have to check my sources. I had heard that one episode of season four would be “WHAT IF… Madame Web’s mother wasn’t in the Amazon researching spiders right before she died.”

What's incredible is I've heard that line got cut from the film, which is peak Sony.

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Squirrel Girl is showing up in Spidey and his amazing friends.

Maybe this is our chance?

I think there is a good shot we get her, they have been throwing non-spidey characters into the sets.

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Like @NXS7 said, the magazine Ben's reading is a specific issue. And while sure, ben could just randomly be reading or a magazine from 60 years ago, it feels much more likely that it's a hint towards the time period. The real question is whether or not the artist would know the time period or not- same thing with the suits.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What's incredible is I've heard that line got cut from the film, which is peak Sony.

The line was clearly chopped together within the trailer initially, so it wasn't cut from the film it was never in it. Each piece of the line is still in the film

I could see Daredevil, Bullseye, and Kingpin showing up in the next Marvel CMF

48 minutes ago, hvader said:

Hopefully Jon Bernthal's Punisher as well.

Anyway Spider-man 4 is supposed to be about Kingpin outlawing vigilantes since he's going to be mayor of New York so that's probably our best bet for Kingpin and Daredevil, I wonder if the Punisher will be in the movie since he is a big part of the Daredevil story. Probably 2026 we'll get the movie idk but Sony wanted it to be as big as NWH by bringing back Tobey and Andrew and as much as I love them I'd rather have a grounded story with Spider-Man, Daredevil, Kingpin and maybe Punisher since he first appeared in a Spider-Man comic.

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

Sorry if posted before but Looks like we’re getting Star-lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot for the Milano. From Fateful_lego. Pretty good line-up 😃 

20 minuti fa, THELEGOBATMAN ha detto:

Strano che non ci sia Ronan, dal momento che hanno appena fatto una nuova versione di lui, ma sono contento che tutti i Guardiani siano inclusi.

It's probably Rocket that's recycled from that set... However, it's the first set that contains all the "original" Guardians, it's a great selection!

2 hours ago, DaredevilFan said:

Sorry if posted before but Looks like we’re getting Star-lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot for the Milano. From Fateful_lego. Pretty good line-up 😃 

I'm surprised they added everyone lol

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

You know what, I'll take it, seeing as this is the first time all have been included in one set. Actually, if Groot is well done, Drax gets a new torso, Star Lord gets his helmet, and Gamora gets a new outfit, I'd say that's one of the best possible outcomes for this set. Now they may very well not do that--I kind of anticipate no Star Lord helmet, but regardless of whether or not they do Ravager suits, they probably will have to create new torsos for everyone, like the original set. All things considered, I expect this to be one of the best Marvel sets of all time, easy top ten. 

Actually, on that note, what are the best Marvel sets? It will probably be a while until we see the sets, and I know the HP thread does this occasionally. I think that in no particular order, my list would go something to the effect of the Bugle, the Sanctum, the Tower, the Benatar, the NWH Final Battle, the airport battle, the Helicarrier, one of the two newest Quinjets, maybe the Hall of Armor or Spiderman Bridge battle, and possibly the BP bust--it was a weird pick for a set, but the build wasn't bad. 

(Also, @Mandalorianknight and @Scarilian, the size of the two ships are probably outside the scope of my building ability, but I may give the Milano a shot)

12 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Actually, on that note, what are the best Marvel sets? It will probably be a while until we see the sets, and I know the HP thread does this occasionally. I think that in no particular order, my list would go something to the effect of the Bugle, the Sanctum, the Tower, the Benatar, the NWH Final Battle, the airport battle, the Helicarrier, one of the two newest Quinjets, maybe the Hall of Armor or Spiderman Bridge battle, and possibly the BP bust--it was a weird pick for a set, but the build wasn't bad. 

Mandarin Doom Buggy

Cap’s giant Endgame cycle

Venom Crawler

Spider-Man Helicopter vs giant Green Goblin

Spider-Man Monster Van

Black Panther Bust

Hulkbuster UCS (both of them)

Buildable Wolverine

Black Panther’s Box Ship

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I'm surprised they added everyone lol

I'm surprised they added Gamora

Outside the What If CMF figure, we haven't had her since 2018, and it's not like there's not been opportunity to include her (Endgame final battle sets/GotGv3)

Edited by NXS7

13 hours ago, hvader said:

I could 100% see Daredevil. IDK about Kingpin since I personally think Kingpin would be done justice better as a big figure. And Punisher idk cause I feel like there could be complaints from Parents for some reason given Punisher is considered a more mature character than Daredevil (even if Daredevil is already for a mature audience but can still be marketed to kids in a way as stated earlier in this thread). 

Speaking of which, IF I had to bet on what the figures from the third Marvel CMF are (Most Likely coming Late Next Year), I would say: 

1. Daredevil (Born Again)

2. A Spider-Man suit (from Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man)

3. Ironheart (suit from the D+ Show)

4. Billy Kaplan/Wiccan (from Agatha)

5. Rio Vidal (Aubrey Plaza's character/main villain from Agatha)

6. Kahhori (from What If?)

7. Wonder Man

8. Bishop or Gambit (from X-Men '97)

9.  A character from Eyes of Wakanda

10. A zombie-fied character from Marvel Zombies

11-12. 2 Characters from What If? Season 3

Not all of these are choices I would PERSONALLY want, but I think this list would be a realistic prediction based on the last 2 CMFs we got. 

Edited by calebcold3

4 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

I could 100% see Daredevil. IDK about Kingpin since I personally think Kingpin would be done justice better as a big figure. And Punisher idk cause I feel like there could be complaints from Parents for some reason given Punisher is considered a more mature character than Daredevil (even if Daredevil is already for a mature audience but can still be marketed to kids in a way as stated earlier in this thread). 

Speaking of which, IF I had to bet on what the figures from the third Marvel CMF are (Most Likely coming Late Next Year), I would say: 

1. Daredevil (Born Again)

2. A Spider-Man suit (from Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man)

3. Ironheart (suit from the D+ Show)

4. Billy Kaplan/Wiccan (from Agatha)

5. Rio Vidal (Aubrey Plaza's character/main villain from Agatha)

6. Kahhori (from What If?)

7. Wonder Man

8. Bishop or Gambit (from X-Men '97)

9.  A character from Eyes of Wakanda

10. A zombie-fied character from Marvel Zombies

11-12. 2 Characters from What If? Season 3

Not all of these are choices I would PERSONALLY want, but I think this list would be a realistic prediction based on the last 2 CMFs we got. 

If this list became true then this will be the worst Marvel CMF ever and won't sell at all.

26 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

If this list became true then this will be the worst Marvel CMF ever and won't sell at all.

The sales expert has spoken

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

The sales expert has spoken

Love the cheeky attitude man, it's always you, anyway things sell based on what people want and how popular the characters are.

2 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Love the cheeky attitude man, it's always you, anyway things sell based on what people want and how popular the characters are.

People don't want Daredevil and Spider-man?

Just now, PGBQW said:

Besides them, a lot on that list are bad choices.

Just because there are 2 good characters in a series doesn't mean it will sell well, to me you'd have to have at least 6 out of 12 good characters in a CMF for it to sell well.

Ideal lineup would be, Daredevil,Kingpin,Bullseye,Punisher,Spider-man based off the show,Infinity Ultron,Mobius,Gambit,Zombie Scarlet Witch,Zombie Iron Man,Strange Supreme and Jean Grey.

53 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Besides them, a lot on that list are bad choices.

Just because there are 2 good characters in a series doesn't mean it will sell well, to me you'd have to have at least 6 out of 12 good characters in a CMF for it to sell well.

Ideal lineup would be, Daredevil,Kingpin,Bullseye,Punisher,Spider-man based off the show,Infinity Ultron,Mobius,Gambit,Zombie Scarlet Witch,Zombie Iron Man,Strange Supreme and Jean Grey.

I mean, the first Marvel CMF had... Spider-Man with a cape, and three variants of Captain America, none of who were the one kids recognise. Scarlet Witch and Loki in a coat (AKA regular civillian minifigure) too.

The rest were new characters, or variants of existing characters that aren't extremely popular.

Yet we still got a second series, which means the first one had to sell well. The conclusion — licensed CMFs don't need to be made solely from the most popular, beloved characters.

Having one or two really popular characters is enough, the rest of the minifigures just have to look good and have variety. Just because a series doesn't consist of Spider-Mans and Iron Mans doesn't mean it won't sell well.

Personal CMF Series 3 expectations:

1. U.S. Agent with Shield (TF&TWS)
    - Would benefit from popularity of the character thanks to Thunderbolts, pairs well with prior CMF's. His black suit would feature in Thunderbolts while his more Captain America styled suit would feature here.
  2. Mobius & Miss Minutes (Loki S1/S2)
    - Providing a core character from Loki, pairs well with prior CMF's. Loosely benefits from TVA being featured in Deadpool 3 without being directly connected
  3. Infinity Ultron (What If S1)
    - They'll likely have new Ultron pieces made for the AoU: Final Battle they could re-use
  4. Kingpin Fower Shirt/Suit (Hawkeye)
    - More iconic version could come later (Spider-man 4? Secret Wars?)
  5. Scarlet Scarab with her wings (Moon Knight)
    - Providing a core character from Moon Knight, pairs well with prior CMF's
  6. Daredevil Yellow Suit (She-Hulk)
    - More iconic version could come later (Secret Wars?)
  7. Kahhori (What If S2)
    - New character Disney would want included
  8. Female Villain (Agatha)
    - Pairs well with prior CMF's
  9. Dora Milaje member (Eyes Of Wakanda)
    - Depending on the character could would work well opposed to Zombie Okoye.
  10. Wonder Man (Wonder Man)
    - Main character from new series
  11. Zombie Okoye (Marvel Zombies)
    - Would pair well with whichever Eyes of Wakanda character they adapt
  12. Zombie Scarlet Witch (Marvel Zombies)
    - Pairs well with prior CMF's and would work well for those wanting to replicate MoM scenes also

I think they'd do a set for Iron Heart or save her for the Armour Wars film. What If S3 could easily get a set given it has mechs. Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man seems certain to get some sets because Spider-man sells easily. X-Men could easily get more sets as opposed to CMF figures. Certain characters would be saved for later such as character who might be part of the Young Avengers team or given focused in the planned Avengers films.

Zemo I'd imagine would show up in either Captain America 4 or Thunderbolts so I'd expect him to be in those sets, likely having the same costume from TF&TWS.

12 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Actually, on that note, what are the best Marvel sets?

I'm not sure what I'd consider the best. In terms of playability:

• Ayesha's Revenge, the spaceship features a neat mechanism I have'nt seen replicated enabling you to insert the pilot.
  • Doc Ock's Fusion Lab, the spinning and flipping mechanism was pretty fun growing up.

Shoutout to the Legacy sets providing us with figures we would'nt otherwise get.

UCS Hulkbusters should also be acknowledged, though neither has really hit the nail on the head for accuracy, both are appreciated and help to push Lego mechs forward in terms of scale. I am intrigued as to what they'll do with the next UCS Hulkbuster.

16 hours ago, DaredevilFan said:

Looks like we’re getting Star-lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot for the Milano. From Fateful_lego. Pretty good line-up 😃 

Glad we're getting the full squad. Disappointing it has no 'combat in the box' though, including Ronan would have been neat, could have just done a variant torso for the new version so we get an updated version with his battle damage.

12 hours ago, Brickroll said:

(Also, @Mandalorianknight and @Scarilian, the size of the two ships are probably outside the scope of my building ability, but I may give the Milano a shot)

I wish you luck, but honestly you might be best just doing the main rooms as opposed to the entire vessel. I'd also suggest waiting to see how they tackle the updated Milano first to see if that gives you any inspiration on how to tackle it (Even if that version won't be minifigure scale)

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Those two definitely have a level of appeal, but personally if a CMF does not have around half the figures I'm interested in then I won't bother trying to loot box them. I'd just bricklink or ebay the figures I want.

While getting obscure Disney+ figures can be neat, it'd benefit them more to focus on characters with more exposure who have either been featured in multiple shows or who are featured in films with the CMF providing a variant version.

Not saying they should stop the obscure or unique characters, just that they should ensure those who have no idea who these characters are enticed elsewise.