Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

On 1/29/2024 at 6:54 AM, Scarilian said:

I think they have enough to last till probably around 2032, based on the idea of us getting an iconic building set each year.

Movies:

• Tony Stark's Malibu Mansion
  • Asgard/Rainbow Bridge
  • Wakanda/Panther Statue
  • Avengers Facility

Comics:

• Oscorp
  • Fantastic Four Baxter Building
  • Fisk Tower/Nelson & Murdock's Law Offices/Alias Investigation
  • The Raft

On 1/30/2024 at 8:22 AM, kevkipo said:

These sets could make great D2C's, however the second question I'd ask is would some of them look right? Avengers Facility would, imo, be a lackluster set. It's a drab, chrome society-esque building, Marvel movies have a lot of those, same with the Raft. Unless of course they manage to break the mold a bit and add a lot of interesting sections like with Avengers tower. But for example a Asgard, Wakanda type D2C would visually be much more interesting! Or a Marvel Street set, where you have Fisk Tower, the Law office and Peter's apartment in a street diaroma type set.

Microbuild Asgard in the style of the Disney micro build castle or haunted house, then include Odin and/ or Heimdall as a minifig.

Set update: Iron Legion battle pack includes 2x Legion drones, Iron Man (I'm gonna assume MK43) and a Hydra agent

Additionally, the Iron Legion set is 76288 and will be $25, not 76287 for $15. 

1 hour ago, NXS7 said:

Set update: Iron Legion battle pack includes 2x Legion drones, Iron Man (I'm gonna assume MK43) and a Hydra agent

Eh, sounds like something I'd only want one of. If the price is indeed $25 then it's an easy skip. The Hydra Agents from AoU either wear generic camo or really goofy Chitauri armour. Whichever we got would either look generic or silly. At which point after the initial purchase it'd be spending $25 to get two Iron Legion Drones. Would probably just bricklink them from whoever is army building the Hydra Agents.

14 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

Additionally, the Iron Legion set is 76288 and will be $25, not 76287 for $15. 

I'm still expecting that the Iron Legion set is being misreported by some sources as 76288 ($24.99, 245pcs) set. While the figure count could be a justification I don't see why they'd make the battle pack set so expensive.

I don't see how the Thor: Ragnarok Surtur Battle set could be 76287 ($14.99, 136pcs) set. If that is indeed the case then the best we could hope for would be that Surtur looks like Steppenwolf.

s-l1200.webp

Edited by Scarilian

3 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

What I would do for a Deadpool and Wolverine Minifigure from Deadpool 3, I'm still hoping. Falconfan is it possible ? :3

Do you want me to die? :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Why do you hate @BrickBob Studpants?

Indeed :snicker:

The news about the Iron Legion set is not surprising, as a Hydra goon makes a lot more sense than an Ultron sentry. Hopefully we’ll still get one of the latter in another set, like the AoU final battle!

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I don't see how the Thor: Ragnarok Surtur Battle set could be 76287 ($14.99, 136pcs) set.

Yeah, that would make little to no sense! If it’s true though, we definitely shouldn’t expect any minifigs other than Thor (and maybe one other if we’re lucky) :grin:

46 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Do you want me to die? :laugh_hard:

Don’t believe the lies on the box. Eating Lego is perfectly safe if you’re careful about it. 

Being able to create an army of Ultron drones would have been useful, since we have a Final Battle. But I created my army in 2015, and I'm happy with the new Iron Man! We should get updates for 43 and 45. This is good. I was waiting for an Iron Legion update, I will get many copies of this set <3

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'm still expecting that the Iron Legion set is being misreported by some sources as 76288 ($24.99, 245pcs) set. While the figure count could be a justification I don't see why they'd make the battle pack set so expensive.

I don't see how the Thor: Ragnarok Surtur Battle set could be 76287 ($14.99, 136pcs) set. If that is indeed the case then the best we could hope for would be that Surtur looks like Steppenwolf.

If Surtur is the $15 set, the only other way I can think of it being true is if it’s like the Venom Mech with Miles Morales, but a Surtur mech with Thor. I really hope that’s not the case. 

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Maybe don't eat the Minifigure ? :P

He's gotta keep his promise, man!

@BrickBob Studpants if the time comes, I figure you gotta at least chomp down on the lad enough to get some teeth marks on the parts. Though I think someone linked a study back when it first happened claiming that adults were able to consume at least the head pretty normally.

Actually, in regards to my own bet, I am gonna try to do something with Malak, even though I was right in that Renown's hints ended up with something releasing besides a malak plushie. I don't want to spoil it, especially since I'm not sure if I'll have time, but we'll see. (I want to clarify this does not involve eating the malak figure)

3 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Don’t believe the lies on the box. Eating Lego is perfectly safe if you’re careful about it. 

I had one of those 2x2 inverted tiles, the one they use for sliders on vehicles, back when I was 7, and I like to think it's still stuck in my stomach somewhere. 

54 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

If Surtur is the $15 set, the only other way I can think of it being true is if it’s like the Venom Mech with Miles Morales, but a Surtur mech with Thor. I really hope that’s not the case. 

I actually do have some insider info here- this is technically correct. However, they couldn't decide whether to make a Surtur figure or to just brick-build a head for the mech, and ended up doing neither, so it's a $15 mech that looks like a headless Surtur with a Thor figure (Reused from the quinjet and tower)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

As @Mandalorianknight says, I'm a man of my word :smug:

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Actually, in regards to my own bet, I am gonna try to do something with Malak, even though I was right in that Renown's hints ended up with something releasing besides a malak plushie. I don't want to spoil it, especially since I'm not sure if I'll have time, but we'll see. (I want to clarify this does not involve eating the malak figure)

Looking forward to that :laugh:

5 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew

Lovely big, golden chips with a nice piece of fried LEGO Deadpool...

Even @BrickBob Studpants couldn't say no to that

Captain America 4 set and buildable figure appear to be confirmed for December 2024

RED HULK RED HULK RED HULK ^^

4 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Captain America 4 set and buildable figure appear to be confirmed for December 2024

Makes sense, considering the movie is (currently) slated for February :classic:

Definitely looking forward to it, even though I still wish Leader was included!

If the new status quo of the battle pack is accurate, then it's gone from a guaranteed purchase to an extremely easy pass and a severely concerned view of how Lego is handling battle packs for Marvel. $24.99 with a claimed 135 pieces for four figures is ridiculous. I don't believe its accurate. I think it's more likely that the set number has changed but the pricing is $14.99 and the piece count is 135 pieces.

It'd be such a horrific pricing especially when compared with Marvel battle packs of the past such as the amazing Iron Man Vs Ultron set that retailed for $12.99 with four figures or the more recent Endgame Battle pack that retailed for $14.99 with five figures. I'm still praying that the set number has altered but the pricing remains at $14.99 as originally reported with 135 pieces.

I may have to follow @BrickBob Studpants in consuming a figure if this is accurate because I really believe these reports :p

25 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Sounds about right

27 minuti fa, BrickBob Studpants ha detto:

Ha senso, considerando che il film è (attualmente) previsto per febbraio:classico:

Sicuramente non vedo l'ora, anche se vorrei ancora che Leader fosse incluso!

It's a shame.. but after 3 films without villains I don't want to complain :-P

(And I always remember that Falcon had mentioned the possibility of a second set)

6 minuti fa, Scarilian ha detto:

Well, times have changed, prices have gone up, and there are two new Iron Man figures…

10 minuti fa, Scarilian ha detto:

il più recente pacchetto Endgame Battle che è stato venduto al dettaglio per 14,99 dollari con cinque cifre

Which set are you talking about?

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

We still don't know what set 76283 is.

Deadpool with buildable fork and knife.

4 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

:iamded_lol: 

(I'm sorry for the lack of a real comment, but I genuinely chuckled at that)

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

Well, times have changed, prices have gone up, and there are two new Iron Man figures…

Lego in 2022 claimed that the cost of raw materials was increasing to justify the price rising, yet they've switched to sustainable materials and are actively reducing printing costs by not printing as much on the instruction manuals and are also switching to paper packaging. They even intend to remove the instruction manuals in future. It seems they've done a lot to decrease their costs and yet the pricing is not reflected in the cost of the products they make - which are increasing as opposed to remaining the same or decreasing.

The only potential justification for a 4 figure, 135 piece, $25 set would be if all the figures have full printing (Arms, Torso, Legs), but this is Lego, we don't know if they'll even have more than torso prints and chances are most the figures will be a mixed bag like with the 'updated' Ronan and Ultron MK1. I don't think it's acceptable to exploit customers finances this way by raising price per piece to around $0.19 or higher. All it does is incentivize people to buy during sales, normally from secondary retailers or resellers, as opposed to purchasing for retail price - which harms Lego regardless in the long run.

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

Which set are you talking about?

This one from 2022. Seems weird to introduce this style of set and then never do it again for Marvel. The timing also emphasises that a battle pack for Marvel really should'nt be $25.

Even if you view it as four figures, as opposed to five, this is still the style the battle packs should be.

Edited by Scarilian

1 ora fa, Scarilian ha detto:

L'unica potenziale giustificazione per un set di 4 figure, 135 pezzi, 25 dollari sarebbe se tutte le figure avessero una stampa completa (braccia, torso, gambe)

Iron Man and Legion will have the usual level of armor printing: legs-torso-visor (Hydra could be a recycle). I'm honestly very excited about this, but I can understand those who are annoyed by the price...

All the "green" operations save Lego money, not us. Indeed, between blind CMFs and paper bags that dirty the work table, I only perceive disadvantages. And I don't want to imagine the inconvenience if they actually remove the instruction booklets :-/

Ok, I understand which battlepack you're talking about, I call them "blister" and it's true that they were cheap, but in truth you only bought one unreleased minifigure (and this was the same in DC and Harry Potter). Obviously I understand that they were convenient for those who are not completionists and perhaps did not have the other minifigures contained... but - in my opinion - it is not a formula that we can use as a comparison, because I repeat: in the new set we have 2 new Iron Man (and one of the two is double) and the value is much higher than a Korg and three published figures

2 hours ago, Galestrum said:

Can we expect sets from Deadpool 3? 

At the moment, it seems highly unlikely, due to Deadpool 3 being Rated R.
To be honest, I never really get why that should stop LEGO from making sets, but hey...

Regards,
Mitch

15 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

To be honest, I never really get why that should stop LEGO from making sets, but hey...

Because it goes against their brand values. Granted, they've bent their own rules plenty of times, but they've never outright broken them. Releasing sets based on a movie with excessive violence, gore, and explicit language checks three of those boxes :tongue: Even with an 18+ branding, people must realise that this is just for marketing and doesn't mean the same thing as an R rating. Heck, even the Sesame Street and Winnie the Pooh Ideas sets sport that 18+ label. People trust the brand, and given TLG's track record, producing a set basically tells parents "what this is based on is ok for kids to consume", regardless of recommended age ranges.

On 2/3/2024 at 11:46 PM, Lego Nostalgia said:

So you either destroy the guy's intestines by making him eat it, or the guy's reputation by making him a coward. This is some Green Goblin shit.

7 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Comments like this make me wish we could like posts.

Edited by PGBQW