Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

Oh, the Shanghai set is awesome. Two superb cars, as well as lots of new figures. Getting two fedoras in black is great, and the new Indy is a nice touch. Willie looks okay. I like the hairpiece, even if it's not quite perfect for Willie. However, the cars more than make up for it. I am so getting this.

The flying wing I'm not as keen on. It looks okay, but I'm not sure I really want it.

Thanks for the pictures.

Wow! The Shanghai chase set looks great! I'm hoping its the sam price as Race for the stolen tresure!

I dont know about the flying wing, they used the big ugly wing piece. (and I spy a swatzika in the backround, no on the set though...)

As understand, it is preliminary images.

Shanghai Chase look greate because this is small set with cool minifigures and 2 retro-cars. Nazies Flying Wing looks fine - big detail plane, new truck, looking better, than in 7622 and awesome figs) :wink:

Shanghai Chase look greate because this is small set with cool minifigures and 2 retro-cars.

Five cool minifigs, no less. Very good considering it's quite a small set.

Thanks a lot for the pictures! The shanghai chase looks like a must buy, sweet vehicles and 5 new minifigs! But I don't like the flying wing at all, the wings are all wrong and I hate those jedifighter canopy pieces - hope they change the design a lot from this, otherwise I guess this is the first Indy set I won't get.... :hmpf_bad:

These look great!

I do have 2 problems with the figs though.

First, in the Shanghai set, Short Round has jock's torso which clearly says "Jock" on it. Second, in the Flying Wing, the German boxer has Patrick's body :oh3: I was really hoping for a new torso with a nice six-pack... :tongue:

Even with these problems, I think these sets look great and I will certainly get them. Hopefully TLG will release some more later in the year.

I am getting the shanghai chase just for the fedoras, finally in black. Though the roof of Indy's car is kinda weird. Its a shame they didnt give Indy a new torso, though noone said these pics are final :classic:

They totally stole my German Mechanic design!!

NewMechanic2.jpg

Love the Shanghai chase set. The gangsters are cool. But the one with the glasses looks way too similar to the Toht I was planning to make. At least he has a black hat, so I don't have to paint one. The Indy outfit is all wrong. His tuxedo was white with black accents and a red flower. And he wasn't wearing a hat. Lego is cheapening out again on figure graphics.

The Flying Wing is... less than I was expecting. I'll pick it up, because it's my favorite vehicle after the desert truck, but I'll be making some mods to it.

I'm hoping these photos are the dummy layouts like they did with the last sets. The prelim art showed Spalko as an Imperial Soldier from Star Wars. *crosses fingers*

Edited by Shtick

First, in the Shanghai set, Short Round has jock's torso which clearly says "Jock" on it. Second, in the Flying Wing, the German boxer has Patrick's body :oh3: I was really hoping for a new torso with a nice six-pack... :tongue:

They may still be preliminary though.

The Indy outfit is all wrong. His tuxedo was white with black accents and a red flower. And he wasn't wearing a hat. Lego is cheapening out again on figure graphics.

It's still a nice torso though. And at least we get something other than 'regular Indy'.

It's still a nice torso though. And at least we get something other than 'regular Indy'.

I'd rather have "correct" than "nice". I'm happy to have an Indy other than the standard, but if you're gonna do it, do it right!

I'd rather have "correct" than "nice". I'm happy to have an Indy other than the standard, but if you're gonna do it, do it right!

Yeah, I guess. Still, this may still be preliminary.

Actually, yeah, I've just compared the two and this one looks nothing like the film.

If whoever understood, then images are preliminary, and sets on pictures are created from old details, but as they will look, and then new details which Lego develops now will appear) :wink:

Shanghai Chase is excellent in my opinion, two great cars and a couple of black fedoras I’ve long wanted to make a selection of 20’s gangster MOCs and now finally the parts to do it with.

The flying wing I’ll wait and see I’m not to impressed with it to be honest it looks a bit odd to me but then I havn’t seen the film for a while so that goes in the wait and see category.

Hoping for these to be prelim indeed. The German mechanic is nowhere near "COOL!" at the moment, while he really should be. Indy's semi-Shanghai suit I can live with, but please: don't use Jock's shirt for Short Round! It's just... wrong. Horribly wrong. Horribly WRONG!

Anyway, why am I getting worked up? Let's just wait for the final pics (hoping these are prelim, still). Loving Umbridge's hair in blonde and the black fedora's though.

Wow, I might actually get the flying wing. That was an interesting scene in the movie.

Hoping for these to be prelim indeed. The German mechanic is nowhere near "COOL!" at the moment, while he really should be. Indy's semi-Shanghai suit I can live with, but please: don't use Jock's shirt for Short Round! It's just... wrong. Horribly wrong. Horribly WRONG!

Waitaminute - that torso was already used? Lego no nuts, Lego crazy to think that Short Round should be made out of some completely unspecial parts. I was disappointed seeing he didn't have his Yankees cap, but now... :cry_sad:

The torso I'm hoping for for the German Mechanic is Bane's but without the jumpsuit. He's got some good definition there.

Don't worry guys, the figs are obviously preliminary. The sets themselves look awesome, especially the Shanghai chase. The Flying Wing is made of bigger pieces than I thought; the good part about that is that it may be cheaper. Looking forward to seeing the final fig designs! :thumbup:

Hmmm, I just noticed that the background of the Flying Wing set is a picture of the flying wing from the movie, hence the bit of wing with swastika on it.

Edited by Canticleer blues

Theses are preliminary. The Flying wing's cocpit is made out of the Eta-2 cocpit peices. Willie's in Royal Guard Robes, German Boxer guy has Patrick Star's Torso. So really prelim these are :yoda:

The sets just shown are really cool. Hopefully, they're prelim, to fix out the errors already mentioned.

A black fedora!!

These are obviously prelims but are still massively awesome! Loving the black suits with black fedoras, hopefully we get more chinese looking faces though.

The two cars are great, and I love that Indy gets a new suit. Very good that the top of Indy's car has the flap they fall into in the film.

The Flying Wing surpassed my expectations, it is brilliantly built, as is the truck. I presume we get a better torso and face for him oto. I gosh this is exciting!

Batbrick Away! :devil: