Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

Maybe LEGO designed to make one purple instead of the 5-6 different shades they used to. I have 3-4 purples that I don't even know the correct name of.

I love 7195. I missed out on the $10 set that had the ten, I really wanted it, I will not miss out on this year's $11 set.

Edited by The Green Brick Giant

Has anyone else noticed that there is a purple piece in one of those sets? Wasn't purple discontinued?

Oh boy, not that discussion again! :hmpf: No, that was a misunderstanding. As you can see, they are still producing purple.

And yes, I too am loving the Cairo set! :sweet: Such great minifigs and color-exclusive parts in one little set! :wub: An absolute Must-Buy, no matter what theme you are into!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

And yes, I too am loving the Cairo set! :sweet: Such great minifigs and color-exclusive parts in one little set! :wub: An absolute Must-Buy, no matter what theme you are into!

Agreed nearly every piece in that set is awesome! I have been trying to get a black ninja wrap for years in an actual chep set to make an executioner with! :devil: And the turban is awesome too!

Yeah. I just wish that Indy had that cool daredevil-smile in this set too. :cry_sad: Oh well. Btw, is that the same torso print as in the TOD set?

Lovely. :wub: Every set is absolutely great for Batman! ) So many new fleshie heads! So many awesome torsos! Such nice details and colors! )

I never though, Indy would exite me that much. ) :classic::thumbup:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet::thumbup:

The recent and forthcoming Indy LEGO sets are superb, with some of the best minifigs around!

There are just so many excellent new sets across the themes, this leaves some hard choices as to which I'll get as I can't possibly have them all (unless I secure an elusive lottery win!). Completely spoiled for choice! However, it's nice to see some excellent sets at a lower price range so even if I miss the large sets I can still revel in goodness with smaller purchases :wink:

Oh boy, not that discussion again! :hmpf: No, that was a misunderstanding. As you can see, they are still producing purple.

So what is the deal with purple then? The purple elment jumped out at me as well. Misunderstanding or not, none of the early 2009 sets had purple elements in them, and as far as I have seen, the canopy for that merchant's stand is the only one in the summer 2009 lineup. Does anyone know if it is it a new purple, or if it is meant to match one of the many past shades of purple LEGO has produced?

Back on topic, all those sets look great, and the Venice and Cairo sets at a minimum are must-buys for me. I can't believe all the minifigs and cool accessory-type peices they squeezed into the Cairo set. It will be hard not to buy a half dozen copies of that one!

Edited by puddleglum

Agreed nearly every piece in that set is awesome! I have been trying to get a black ninja wrap for years in an actual chep set to make an executioner with! :devil: And the turban is awesome too!

Not every piece unfortunately :angry: they didnt change the castle troll sword that the ninja carries. That sword has about 4 dents in it so it doesn't really work for ninjas.

So what is the deal with purple then? The purple elment jumped out at me as well. Misunderstanding or not, none of the early 2009 sets had purple elements in them, and as far as I have seen, the canopy for that merchant's stand is the only one in the summer 2009 lineup. Does anyone know if it is it a new purple, or if it is meant to match one of the many past shades of purple LEGO has produced?

For whatever reason it was, purple was never discontinued. There may have been plans of it, but they never ultimately went through. I think the purple canopy looks good in this set and adds some color to the otherwise dull set. :thumbup:

So, can anyone tell me the (supposed) price of 7196

Chauchilla Cemetery Battle? That chopper looks sweet.

I'm actually disappointed with the bike. I know how it is more accurate but now very little red is acutally showing, and it is dark red! This mean my plans for a Robin bike are delayed for the third time in a row! :cry_sad:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

:cry_sad:

Lego have gone too far in changing the cemetery set. Not only have they robbed Batbrick of his Robin cycle but they now are including only one guy with the skull painted on his face. There goes my plan to get two sets so I could have four henchmen for Scarecrow. No way am I getting four of these sets and One henchman just isn't enough. This has moved from my must-have list to my maybe list.

:angry:

On the other hand the boat chase scene has moved up my list of priorities (I hadn't noticed the dark tan before)

My bet is 20$-25. I doubt it will be any higher. I'm really interested in the tan barrel in the market set, I already have some ideas.

Those sets look really good. I will definitely get the Cemertary set and 2 of the Sword Fight set, mainly for the swordsman and the tommy guns. :wub:

I think the skeleton heads in the Cemetery set might be reversible, thus only one skellie head. I may be wrong though.

Not every piece unfortunately :angry: they didnt change the castle troll sword that the ninja carries. That sword has about 4 dents in it so it doesn't really work for ninjas.

What ninja? :tongue:

My bet is 20$-25. I doubt it will be any higher. I'm really interested in the tan barrel in the market set, I already have some ideas.

At the Toy Fair, it said $20, so that'll probably be final. Good price IMO :thumbup: The set is a bit underscaled though Especially this piece:

60474.jpg

:cry_sad:

Lego have gone too far in changing the cemetery set. Not only have they robbed Batbrick of his Robin cycle but they now are including only one guy with the skull painted on his face. There goes my plan to get two sets so I could have four henchmen for Scarecrow. No way am I getting four of these sets and One henchman just isn't enough. This has moved from my must-have list to my maybe list.

:angry:

On the other hand the boat chase scene has moved up my list of priorities (I hadn't noticed the dark tan before)

Do not give up hope Righteous Squid! Erdbeereis thinks the heads might be double sided, and I can't think of a time he's ever been wring so far!

That said, great minds think alike mate, I was totally going to use the skeleton heads for Scarecrows henchmen :thumbup:

In fact, I took inspiration from the recent Brave and the Bold Scarecrow teaser:

06.jpg

I think the skeleton heads in the Cemetery set might be reversible, thus only one skellie head. I may be wrong though.
Do not give up hope Righteous Squid! Erdbeereis thinks the heads might be double sided, and I can't think of a time he's ever been wring so far!

That said, great minds think alike mate, I was totally going to use the skeleton heads for Scarecrows henchmen :thumbup:

In fact, I took inspiration from the recent Brave and the Bold Scarecrow teaser:

I will try not to panic. It sounds plausible. I really must check out that scene again as I can't remember the details well enough to to know if there is a reason why the heads would be reversible. If they are then its a bonus and the set will be even more worthwhile. (plus I don't have a crystal skull yet)

Along with the skull face the scrappy brown clothes and scraggy hair make them a perfect match for Scarecrow. I haven't seen the brave and the bold cartoons but I was trying to think if Scarecrow ever did have henchmen resembling this. I can't think of any that I know of. Black torso and legs with a skeleton print would also make nice henchmen - maybe a future custom?

Along with the skull face the scrappy brown clothes and scraggy hair make them a perfect match for Scarecrow. I haven't seen the brave and the bold cartoons but I was trying to think if Scarecrow ever did have henchmen resembling this. I can't think of any that I know of. Black torso and legs with a skeleton print would also make nice henchmen - maybe a future custom?

Oh yes, I had forgotten about the scrappy clothes prints, great idea there. I would definitely recommend Brave and the Bold, it's really fun.

But yeah, a reversible head would be the best, as I would be able to use it as something else as well.

In the movie, didn't the heads change to skeleton form when exposed to light? Or was that just in Pirates of the Caribbean? :tongue:

I've just checked the scene. Both have skull masks but Indy smashes one with a shovel revealing his face.

Hence it is very likely the heads are reversable :laugh:

It woud be nice to see clearly what the face side is like.

These new sets look great, especially the addition of the Dark Fleshie figs. Some great pieces too. Looking forward to these for sure.

They don't produce the scimitar anymore. And we all know what TLC managers think about new parts.

They don't produce the scimitar anymore. And we all know what TLC managers think about new parts.

That's a shame; that scimitar is so perfect for the set. It's a glaring missed opportunity.

That said, and acknowledging a few other quibbles here and there with the various sets, for the most part these are simply wonderful. My only concern is just how many copies of each I'm going to want versus how many I can afford. 7198: Fighter Plane Attack is the only one for which I might be satisfied with just one copy. :cry_happy::cry_sad: