Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

^ Are you forgetting about slave Leia

I'm also excited Indy is getting more than his traditional shirt and jacket. This year we get Tuxedo Indy, Desert Indy, Ripped Shirt Indy, and Grey Suit Indy

So much love right now for the Indy line :wub:

I can't believe purple is back so quick! Eee! :cry_happy:

Cairo Fight still looks ridiculously good, I'm going to try and get atleast 3 of these bad boys. And Marion has a new and better face! Mrrow! Love it so much.

I'm so glad Indy has a new face too. Mola Ram looks great too, that shrunked Lego head on his helm is so win. Willie's new look is also fantastic, I especially love the dress, this will be perfect for Talia.

Air Chase still looks good, but it is admittingly my least anticipated set. I do love that the German plane has detachable wings though. The skull warriors in the cemetery battle are astoundingly good. As Righteous Squid said, perfect henchmen for Scarecrow, or perhaps Black Mask and his False Face society?

And no matter how overpriced Venice Chase gets I am so buying it. The Fez's look great, and I love the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword minifigs. Elsa looks fantastic too, love that new hairpiece.

Too much goodness!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Pretty much agreeing with Batbrick on these. EXCELLENT stuff on the new Indy's, Kazim (brotherhood), Elsa, Cairo fighters, Mola Ram... with the two sets last month, 2009 might already stand a good chance of being the Best LEGO Indy Year ever!?

So, we got the Ark, golden idol and crystal skulls in last years sets... Now we're getting the Sankara (sp?) stones... All we need is the remains of Nurhachi (sp?), the cross of Coronado and the Holy Grail and we'll have all the major artefacts Indy's looking for in the films.

Along with those artefacts, the only things I'm still really missing are Sallah, Marcus, Donovan and the grail knight. Well... maybe a dark green / dark bluish green notzi uniform. I'm tired of those tan ones. If TLC give us those next year, they can just about wrap the licence up in three years, haha. (Which might be a good thing... We're still getting new Star Wars, but that's a miracle. No other licence has lived that long.)

Well... As Mr. Spielbrick might have noticed in this picture:

Picture

Is Marion really getting a new head or is it just some mess up with another head ?

I am liking the new Indiana sets but I seriously don't know which to get.

So many good SW and Indiana Sets + I am from SEA which further complicates things..... >_<

If Marion is getting that new facelift, well... I'll say NO to the Ambush in Cairo set.

She was cute as she was and I hope it was just some mix up when they were building the set for display...

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Anyone got a clear picture of the box for Ambush in Cairo ? I need confirmation !! Thanks.

And the Raider's Plane looks awesome. ^_^

This set looks good, but I am sure it is going to break the bank. I think the minifigs are the best part of this set by far.

If Marion is getting that new facelift, well... I'll say NO to the Ambush in Cairo set.

She was cute as she was and I hope it was just some mix up when they were building the set for display...

What's wrong with a little change? I like the old head, but already have two of it, so change is always welcome. I actually think that this one looks more like her, and I don't see it in any other sets, so I think its the right one. I really hope that you reconsider getting the set, it looks great, even if you aren't an Indy fan.

Well... As Mr. Spielbrick might have noticed in this picture:

Picture

Thats the beauty of Lego you if you don't like it you can change it yourself.

What is the Chauchilla Cemetery going to cost? I've seen all the prices except for that one, I could have missed it though.

EDIT: Fixed the spelling on Chauchilla. Tricky word there ;).

Edited by Filip

What is the Chauchilla Cemetery going to cost? I've seen all the prices except for that one, I could have missed it though.

EDIT: Fixed the spelling on Chauchilla. Tricky word there ;).

$19.99 USD/$24.99 CAD :classic:

I'm so getting all of these sets, except for the plane one, nothing really catches my eyes there......

Why is she holding a horse turd?

Would you really want to put a horse turd in your pocket?

imagine this:the face of that man next to the thugee, mola ram's suit and an pirate hat...A SUPER PIRATE!!!!

[code]  :pirate:

That is one nice set! I really hope its cheap, I personally find that the Indy sets arnt to bad when it comes to prices. This is one good year for lego

Why is she holding a horse turd?

It's supposed to be a stick, made out of (undigested) wood. :grin:

imagine this:the face of that man next to the thugee, mola ram's suit and an pirate hat...A SUPER PIRATE!!!!
[code]  :pirate:

Wow, that was on topic. :hmpf_bad:

^ The Chauchilla Warriors would be great for Halloween Masks

Do you mean Halloween as in with Michael Myers?

That is one nice set! I really hope its cheap, I personally find that the Indy sets arnt to bad when it comes to prices. This is one good year for lego.

I think all of the sets are nice, but which one(s) are you talking about?

It's supposed to be a stick, made out of (undigested) wood. :grin:

But it looks like a stick, made out of (digested) food. :tongue:

We're talking about the brown carrot right? I think it works very well as a club or torch.

Wow, that temple of doom set is AMAZING! I hope its at a similar price point as last years temple escape set. All i am hoping for now is a tomb of the Holy Grail set, and then i can have three of the most iconic scenes from each movie on display next to each other ^^

I'm very happy about the new Indiana sets.

And I really love the new signoras, especially the new Elsa :wub:

But why have just the set 'Temple of Doom' a new Indiana face...?

Greetings 'Bricks'

I like all sets, except the one with the plane

I'll buy the cheap set and the Venice Chase, too, but it's expensive, Elsa is worth it :D

I really love the Germans plane now however does anyone think Indy's dad's machine gun on the biplane is a little large. Mola Ram's headdress type thing looks pretty accurate to the game, I hope they paint it before the final release.

No I meant for simple Lego Town halloween trick or treaters.

Oh, I was hoping not.

But it looks like a stick, made out of (digested) food. :tongue:

We're talking about the brown carrot right? I think it works very well as a club or torch.

Yes, the brown carrot. But it's only a carrot if you want it to be. :laugh: