Welcome to my Technic corner where I'd be showcasing my creations, which include mostly alternate models, shrunk models, and Technic-ify models.

I've been busy with PF Conversion mods lately, so I'll just start with these old recent creations.

Mini 4257

qFYDVg5.jpg

drLuzf0.jpg

Mini 42054

sIi578n.jpg

SzS27T4.jpg

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Honestly your shrinked models look better than original; here we can say small is beautifull

Some more mini 42054 photos because it's a dear to me. It's a shame I had to develop it in two weeks and couldnt afford some decent photos.

Crab steering

DZVq6rL.jpg

4 wheel steering

pnMvv3u.jpg

Front wheel steering

0bw5aZb.jpg

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Welcome to my Technic corner

Nice to see your own topic and awesome models to kick off the discussion :thumbup:

I'm sure you're aware, but please take care of the image size.
They are four times the allowed size. Thanks.

Nothing delights me more than seeing the revelation of an orange Huracan this August, because that means the micro panels in orange will be available, and I can finally make this thing buildable.

SlZ4Rgl.png

55 minutes ago, Lego Tom said:

Going in search of spice? Watch out for sand worms!

It's actually the base for the next thing I wanna work on: a Technic Ornithoptor.

5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It's actually the base for the next thing I wanna work on: a Technic Ornithoptor.

I see. It reminded me of the flying units used in the movie Dune.

On 1/30/2024 at 10:42 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Soon:

EiIcco5.png

2067 pieces and 512 pages of instruction, this is my biggest MOC so far. Coming soon in March.

The new 3x19 frame in DBG is very useful for the structure of the Technic Ornithopter.

eU5vHvy.png

Without the frame it's very hard to brace the structure horizontally.

On 2/7/2024 at 4:37 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

2067 pieces and 512 pages of instruction, this is my biggest MOC so far. Coming soon in March.

Scania truck and trailer? :wink:

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I have something else in development for you :wink:

I think this is a mini version of 42082. After TC25 I still haven’t found the time to make a version with a simpler gearbox

The next installment in my mini set collection is the shrunk 42078 B model Mack LR Front Loader.

1000x800.jpg?1707742513.6468968

Rebrickable link: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-173553/nguyengiangoc/mini-42078-b-mack-lr-front-loader

This one was initially not in my plan, but since there's a Mack LR on the market, I might as well take up the chance. Because of that, this model is also a 42167 mod, and it has the color scheme of 42167 instead of that of 42078 B model. However, if someone wishes to build it in the 42078 color scheme, they just need to swap the pieces for the cabin. The color for the fork is yellow instead of green because the bent 11 liftarm (32009) in green hasn't appeared in any Lego set in 22 years. In real life the fork also comes in orange, but the quarter ellipse 2x3 liftarm is not available in that color at the time of this post.

During the design process I've also incorporated several details from the real Mack LR Front Loader, most frequently this one.

RESI_Rental_22_3.jpg?width=600&height=45

Therefore, there are some differences from the Lego 42078 B model. For example, the rear hatch is curved and not slant, and there are fire extinguishers. I also included a cabin cover, which is very conveniently replicable through the new 2x5x3 curved quarter ellipse thick panel. I was also able to route the HOG steering to behind the cabin cover, and the HOG knob is removable for display. The movement of the fork does not interfere with the cabin cover.

The model has most of the functions of 42078 B model, namely:

- Steerable front axle
- Openable doors
- Liftable front forks
- Tiltable bin holder
- Extendable ejecting blade
- Openable rear hatch

There's no top cover for the trash tank because I couldn't get it to work properly in this scale. Even in my 42078 B model that top cover doesn't always work properly either, so I decided to drop it.

The hardest part during the design process is the gearing under the trash tank. I need to route two independent functions (Ejector Blade and Fork) in a space of 3 stud height, while taking into account the rotation direction of the knobs and their corresponding functions. And since there's no linear actuator, I need to put the fork function through a worm gear which takes up space as well. But in the end I managed to solve the problem rather elegantly. :sweet:

More photos coming soon.

If I can figure out how to do the rear compressor function for the rear loader type, I will make the third Mack LR model as well. But that's for the future. And in case you're wondering if I plan to do the 42078 A model, the answer is yes, but only the Mack Anthem tractor unit. I don't feel like the trailer is gonna be worth my while.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I whipped up the function pages for the mini 42054 as well.

750x486p.jpg

750x486p.jpg

750x486p.jpg]

750x486p.jpg

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Posted (edited)

Technic Ornithopter is 2/3 done. Only the head is left. I spent lots of effort making sure that the blue 3L pin is not visible on the side,

xJq91xi.png

I'm taking a break from this model since a box of parts arrived last week, which means I gotta test build some models first.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Mini 42078 in the original color scheme. 

0unuWEG.png

With the release of the Kawasaki bike, the claw can be partly built in bright green.