bountybossk

[MOC] Vampire's Lair

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to show you my new LEGO Ideas project: Vampire's Lair!

The set is a mix between Castle and Monster Fighters with elements of Gothic architecture. You'll also find references to some of my favourite childhood LEGO themes like Fright Knights, Wolfpack and Adventurers.

Let me know what you think! If you like it, you can vote here to support it. Thank you :)

Stefan

azknQA8cr5MWTTvSlQuMii7O.png?f=fotoalbum

WIuJJGh9XgLnFsrdKqruER14.png?f=fotoalbum

IdQTlWTqihKhKuWtRhXgstN8.png?f=fotoalbum

nPfQF8rnTgNQxWV33Nx0RKWZ.png?f=fotoalbum

Nice idea and wonderful looking build.  I really like the vampire. 

That tree build is *chef's kiss*.

If I could offer one area for improvement it would be something to break up the block of bluish-grey (and to a lesser extent, the tan).

You have my vote.

Quite the build. The architecture fits well with the gothic themes, and the play features/Easter eggs are a nice bonus.

Speaking as someone in the midst of building a 6097 Night Lord's Castle MOC, I really, really like this build! There's absolutely NPU all around, from the minifig roller skates in Medium Stone Grey bordering the sword's resting place, to those 1x1 Technic Axle bricks, you've done a superb job of adding a nice Gothic texture to this build!

I suppose the one question I have is whether this is actually something that can be replicated with physical bricks. I'm not familiar with all the parts used here, although some of them don't look like they have a real-world equivalent, including the hooded and caped microfigs inside the crypt, or the helmet on the statue at the top (although I could be wrong)!

Either way, really great work. Definitely an example of Gothic architecture I may be citing for reference while I build my own castle!

3 minutes ago, Mr Maniac said:

Speaking as someone in the midst of building a 6097 Night Lord's Castle MOC, I really, really like this build! There's absolutely NPU all around, from the minifig roller skates in Medium Stone Grey bordering the sword's resting place, to those 1x1 Technic Axle bricks, you've done a superb job of adding a nice Gothic texture to this build!

I suppose the one question I have is whether this is actually something that can be replicated with physical bricks. I'm not familiar with all the parts used here, although some of them don't look like they have a real-world equivalent, including the hooded and caped microfigs inside the crypt, or the helmet on the statue at the top (although I could be wrong)!

Either way, really great work. Definitely an example of Gothic architecture I may be citing for reference while I build my own castle!

There is a version of the hooded caped microfig in star wars just not that color.  The helm seems to be a new part not sure how he did that.  But you could do this in physical form but you may have to change some pieces out as they may not be available in certain colors especially the parts like the rollerskates in grey.  

7 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

There is a version of the hooded caped microfig in star wars just not that color.  The helm seems to be a new part not sure how he did that.  But you could do this in physical form but you may have to change some pieces out as they may not be available in certain colors especially the parts like the rollerskates in grey.  

Ahhh bummer, that's what I suspected. Still, pretty exciting to hear that they do have microfigs in capes and hoods! Definitely going to keep an eye out for these for any future builds or mods! Thanks for the heads-up!

2 minutes ago, Mr Maniac said:

Ahhh bummer, that's what I suspected. Still, pretty exciting to hear that they do have microfigs in capes and hoods! Definitely going to keep an eye out for these for any future builds or mods! Thanks for the heads-up!

The microfig also came with HP as a dementor I believe also in black.  The Star wars one is translucent blue.  

Thanks for the kinds words all! Appreciate all the feedback!

On 12/12/2023 at 12:34 AM, Mr Maniac said:

The helmet on the statue is a "custom" part. I tried to replicate the old Bat Lord helmet as that part wasn't available in the software I used. I does consist of 2 existing piece though: Ultron's helmet (Marvel) and a Batarang.