Bricksbypidy

[COR - FB - SHIP] HMS Black Prince arriving at Mesabi Landing

Recently HMS La Belone joined the fleet of Commodore Willem van Baarle in Mesabi Landing. After a fierce battle Commodore Van Baarle needed more ships to join his private fleet to defend Corrington's land and sea against some scumback pirates.

Now, another ships arrived at the outer harbor of Mesabi Landing. It is the mighty HMS Black Prince. This class 7 vessel is another addition to the growing fleet.

BoBS - Harbour Office and HMS Black Prince, Mesabi LandingBoBS - Harbour Office and HMS Black Prince, Mesabi LandingBoBS - Harbour Office and HMS Black Prince, Mesabi Landing

Captain of the HMS Black Prince, Harford 'The Shadow' Hayhurst walked across the jetty to the harbor master. The harbor master shook his hand and welcomed him to Mesabi Landing: "Good to have you here! This new ship is a welcome addition to Commodore Van Baarle's fleet!" Capt. Hayhurst nodded in agreement. "On the way we came across a 'man-of-war', a large ship with a double cannon deck. It is on its way to join the fleet! We saw several ships with a Corrington flag coming this way, also. Reinforcements are on their way!"

BoBS - Harbour Office and HMS Black Prince, Mesabi Landing BoBS - Harbour Office and HMS Black Prince, Mesabi Landing

Collab build with @boeing_787_8_dreamliner

Property type: Ship, class 7
Property type: Large Commerce
Dimensions: 162 x 114 studs
Total parts: ~25,500

Class 7 Vessel "HMS Black Prince" and Large Commerce building will be licensed by @Bricksbypidy

Credits:

- Design vessel: @boeing_787_8_dreamliner, some color changes by @Bricksbypidy
- Wave technique with nets: Tips & Bricks Technique # 647
- Design ship sculpture on office facade: @SleeplessNight

---

With this build I've achieved:
- a total of 8 licensed ships;
- a total of 2 licensed builds in Mesabi Landing (4% of all my builds)
- a total of 5 Commerce buildings (11% of all my builds)
- a total of 24 Large buildings (52% of all my builds)

Edited by Bricksbypidy

Great addition to the fleet! I would have liked to see you add some more plot into how you acquire your ships. Seeing as your hunting pirates, you could for example make a scene where you capture a pirate ship (or even a whole squadron) and add it to your own fleet, or maybe you buy it at an auction, etc

Also Mesabi Landing is owned by the WTC so it would have been nice to see some of they're troops stationed in the building.

The scene is beautiful though, and I'm really looking forward to the dobbel-decker!

Edited by Justsomebrix

4 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

Seeing as your hunting pirates, you could for example make a scene where you capture a pirate ship (or even a whole squadron) and add it to your own fleet, or maybe you buy it at an auction, etc

Nice idea for upcoming dioramas! I was looking was some new inspiration, so many thanks! 

Very beautiful diorama! I like the ship and also the commerce building. The sombrero guys are a good change. I'm still impressed with how you were able to build the wave technique with nets in Studio 2.0.

What a ship, what a beauty!  The little building there really gives you a feel for how magnificent the ship is.  Lovely waves on the water too.