Evilkirk

[MOC] Darth Maul's Scimitar (aka the Sith Infiltrator) Minifig scale with full interior

On 11/2/2023 at 12:49 AM, Shiva said:

?

Wow!

Mark 1 and 2's they are so big, that whatever used, has to be reinforced, some way. + good luck!

Yeah thanks, I need to start buying up white Lego :classic:

That's amazing! Some very very good sphere work on the cockpit area. Interior looks great too!

I'm amused by the extra seats in the cockpit area, like he's got a bunch of buddies he can bring with him.

What are the parts to either side of the ball, on the top front edge of the wings? They look like curved grey panels and you've got a bunch of black and dark detail under them?

20 hours ago, Guybrush said:

That's amazing! Some very very good sphere work on the cockpit area. Interior looks great too!

I'm amused by the extra seats in the cockpit area, like he's got a bunch of buddies he can bring with him.

What are the parts to either side of the ball, on the top front edge of the wings? They look like curved grey panels and you've got a bunch of black and dark detail under them?

Thanks very much - yeah I wondered about the seats, but they were on the plans so I had no choice! Actually there are 6 passenger seats on the plans, but due to Lego dudes all being wide-boys, I just squeezed in 5 :)

That part you mentioned is this technic panel... https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=24116#T=S&C=86&O={"color":"86","ss":"TR","rpp":"200","iconly":0}

We will watch your career with great interest

Edited by Maetick

On 1/31/2024 at 6:10 AM, Maetick said:

Keep watching! Minifig scale Imperial Lambda class shuttle (i.e. the Tydirium) currently in progress... ;)

1 hour ago, Evilkirk said:

Keep watching! Minifig scale Imperial Lambda class shuttle (i.e. the Tydirium) currently in progress... ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing this. I've thought about building the Brick Vault Tydirium but, the exposed gears and shape of the nose put me off. You'll have my interest if you manage to resolve those issues :)

20 hours ago, Csaba said:

I'm looking forward to seeing this. I've thought about building the Brick Vault Tydirium but, the exposed gears and shape of the nose put me off. You'll have my interest if you manage to resolve those issues :)

"Shape of the nose" is my single main focus, as I've always loved the elegant style of the Lambda cockpit. There have been some amazing MOCs of this ship, but that damned cockpit has some awfully subtle angles making it a nightmare of a shape to recreate with Lego.  Some compromises will have to be made somewhere, but I'll do my best!

On 1/30/2024 at 10:10 PM, Maetick said:

This is not a MOC the Jedi would teach you.

On 2/8/2024 at 3:52 PM, Evilkirk said:

"Shape of the nose" is my single main focus, as I've always loved the elegant style of the Lambda cockpit. There have been some amazing MOCs of this ship, but that damned cockpit has some awfully subtle angles making it a nightmare of a shape to recreate with Lego.  Some compromises will have to be made somewhere, but I'll do my best!

I think dmac's design has got a slightly better nose than the Brick Vault version. Do you think there is any chance that you could make the windshield seethrough or is that impossible with the bricks currently available?

awesome design, so detailed, i spent at least 15 minutes looking at these pics (i love when designers of theese extremly detailed builds go nuts with the photos, since there are so many little details to check out :))

On 2/16/2024 at 10:03 AM, Csaba said:

I think dmac's design has got a slightly better nose than the Brick Vault version. Do you think there is any chance that you could make the windshield seethrough or is that impossible with the bricks currently available?

I can confirm, the original models and paintings used in the films had solid black cockpit "windscreens" - some pics that I'm using for reference can be seen here https://modelermagic.com/shuttle-tydirium-studio-model/ ...so I'm going with black on my version too!  The old 1970's Hasbro toy version of the Lambda class shuttle had see-through plastic windows, which has since caused a lot of confusion about that topic! :D

I've recently posted a few progress pics of my Lambda cockpit on instagram if anyone wants to take a look - I'm evilkirklego over there.

On 2/16/2024 at 2:33 PM, zsoltom said:

awesome design, so detailed, i spent at least 15 minutes looking at these pics (i love when designers of theese extremly detailed builds go nuts with the photos, since there are so many little details to check out :))

Thanks very much - those little details are what I enjoy building the most! With Lego, there are always some parts of the build that you just cannot reproduce accurately, but other parts where you can go "full nerd mode" and hope people will like it :classic:

That is an absolutely phenomenal build, very impressive! You've perfectly captured one of my all-time favorite Star Wars ships.

On 3/25/2024 at 8:09 AM, ToaDraco said:

That is an absolutely phenomenal build, very impressive! You've perfectly captured one of my all-time favorite Star Wars ships.

Thanks for the appreciation! 🙂