TheBrickPal

Animal Crossing 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

I started building the Bunnie set. You know how you start the game in a tent. Today i’ll be building Kapp’n to get a shore and go fishing. 
loving these sets a lot. Even if the builds are pretty simple

This poly is best way to expand your island.  Maple is great too.  Can we please have a animal crossing CMF next year XD

I’m curious if Maple will stay exclusive to the polybag or will also appear in a summer set. 

I wouldn’t mind the fig being reused as long as it isn’t part of a set with only 2 figs like Nook’s Cranny 

19 hours ago, bRICK99 said:

I’m curious if Maple will stay exclusive to the polybag or will also appear in a summer set. 

I wouldn’t mind the fig being reused as long as it isn’t part of a set with only 2 figs like Nook’s Cranny 

I'm usually not one to advocate for polybag-exclusive minifigs... But, in this case, I would be okay if Maple stayed exclusive to the polybag. There's only two more sets slated for the rest of the year, and there's hundreds of other villagers that could be made. I could maybe see Nook or Isabelle reappearing with some other outfit, but I think two Maples is too much, with as many villagers (let alone NPCs) as there are still to go. 

19 hours ago, bRICK99 said:

Polybags with exclusive prints have become super rare, let alone exclusive recolours. She will most likely appear in one of the two 2HY sets :laugh:

Posted (edited)

So, when I first saw the sets and the prices and the small number of minifigs, it was an instant pass. There is no way I am gonna buy these.

Yesterday someone posted on FB the polybags are on sale. Thought why not buy a polybag for cheap, right.

Today I ordered all 5 sets at 20% discount. Didn't wanna wait any longer. Lmao!

Dang I like those minifigs. Hope this theme will last for many years.

It's like fabuland 2.0

Edited by Poco Lypso

I wonder when we‘ll hear more about the two summer sets. Unless I‘m mistaken, they‘re the only sets we have no clue about still (besides the Wednesday and Wicked sets that come out 2 months later) :wacko:

43 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wonder when we‘ll hear more about the two summer sets. Unless I‘m mistaken, they‘re the only sets we have no clue about still (besides the Wednesday and Wicked sets that come out 2 months later) :wacko:

TLG's rumour mill is weird lately; we saw images of the March Technic sets before the January wave.

The Mario sets have typically tended to be kept under wraps pretty well until an "official" reveal, so I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath for early leaks of the Animal Crossing sets. And unlike Mar10 day when we can typically rely on some sort of official reveal, there's no specific date when Animal Crossing merch can be expected to be revealed. So it's really tough to say when we might expect those sets to be revealed, other than likely being revealed at least a month before their scheduled release date.

11 hours ago, Lyichir said:

And unlike Mar10 day when we can typically rely on some sort of official reveal, there's no specific date when Animal Crossing merch can be expected to be revealed. So it's really tough to say when we might expect those sets to be revealed, other than likely being revealed at least a month before their scheduled release date.

International Museum Day is next month. Maybe then?

Still confident that the 550 piece set is resident services building with KK slider. 

Maybe throw in an Isabelle Island Services outfit variant. 

1 hour ago, bRICK99 said:

Still confident that the 550 piece set is resident services building with KK slider. 

Maybe throw in an Isabelle Island Services outfit variant. 

KK has been teased, so I reckon he'll appear. As much as I love Isabelle, a different villager would be great. Ankha, maybe?

50 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

KK has been teased, so I reckon he'll appear. As much as I love Isabelle, a different villager would be great. Ankha, maybe?

I would much prefer an all new cast of villagers and NPC characters but I feel like LEGO would include past characters in newer sets just like Sonic does. 

My dream would be KK Slider and 2 new villagers. 

Chrissy and Francine were also teased but I would like a new species before getting two more rabbit villagers. 

18 minutes ago, bRICK99 said:

I would much prefer an all new cast of villagers and NPC characters but I feel like LEGO would include past characters in newer sets just like Sonic does. 

My dream would be KK Slider and 2 new villagers. 

Chrissy and Francine were also teased but I would like a new species before getting two more rabbit villagers. 

The rabbits would admittedly make sense, given that TLG already has the mould. But they do have the squirrel mould as well - Static would be an excellent choice!

Static_NH.png

5 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

The rabbits would admittedly make sense, given that TLG already has the mould. But they do have the squirrel mould as well - Static would be an excellent choice!

That is an excellent choice! 

More villagers is a plus for me but I’m still waiting for Dog villagers, Pig villagers, frog and duck. 

Roald is still my most wanted but I don’t know how they would do the more rounded villagers with flippers/feathered wings. 

Of character molds they already have, Bluebear, Cheri, and Stitches (bear cubs) and Bob (cat) would be some of the ones at the top of my wishlist. But I am very hopeful for additional species of villagers as well. Some could probably make do with new head molds, but certain others might justify molds for features like legs, arms, or tails (one that could be especially fun is a leg mold for the small number of octopus villagers).

I don't think K.K., Chrissy, and Francine appearing on prints is specifically teasing their release, since their appearances on prints are based on particular K.K. album covers (the latter two appearing on Bubblegum K.K., which appears in Rosie's house set since it is used for her house's music in-game as well). Obviously they're sure to include K.K. sooner or later, though, and I wouldn't oppose the other two appearing either.

Even though rumors so far don't seem to suggest that there will be an Animal Crossing figure series this year, I'm hoping the incredibly positive reception to these sets might result in one next year. That kind of figure series could help widen the selection of characters dramatically.

By the way, I visited my sister @Aanchir last week and she had some very neat digital WIPs of some various houses and furniture items, in the somewhat simplified style of this theme's sets. Hoping maybe she could share those at some point since they looked great!

Images for Wave 2 are now out! The smaller set is the airport, with Tangy and Wilbur, and the larger set is Town Hall, with a fall Isabelle, K.K. Slider, and Audie.

As a kneejerk reaction, I think that I like Wave 1 a lot more than I like these two sets - especially with their prices in mind. The airport's a little trick for me - that's something that is very much tied to New Horizons, while most of the other sets could, without too much of a leap in logic, take place in other games. I also find it interesting that the Dodo Airlines sign is printed in English, especially compared to Nook's Cranny, which didn't have any writing on it's sign.

Looking at Town Hall, I think the set's got a lot of filler to justify the cost. The RV probably takes up a lot of the part count, but I don't think it adds a lot to the set. That easily could have been a smaller $10-15 set without needing to tack in on to Town Hall. I also wish we got a new music title, instead of reusing Forest Life. 

Overall, I think this wave might turn more into finding the individual minifigures than seeking out the whole sets for me. Though, that could change as we see more photos!

Both sets have been revealed or leaked (hard to tell)!

Nice to see a set with more than 2 minifigs, and KK looks great! Really like the dodo pilot too (forgot his name), as well as the two new villagers! Oh, and Maple is exclusive to the polybag after all *huh*

My feelings are mixed with with this wave. Two great choices: town hall and airport, but the builds are not top notch. The town hall didn’t need the camper van of kk slider imho and the cupcake stand. I am not a fan of those cute cupcake stuff anyway. The sidebuilds are also too blocky or simple builds that downgrade the townhall with its iconic look. So they will be bin food. I am not sure on the flag build as well. 
the airport is pretty cool, but also with an unfinished tower and a too blocky and simple look sadly. 
but i will get both sets in the end anyway. I just hope that if they’ll do the museum they will step it up a few notches

Town Hall was a logical choice and the airport is an integral part of NH, so I'm pretty pleased!

Not sure how I feel about another Isabelle variant in place of a new villager, but I love Isabelle's autumn look, so yay!

An Isabelle reappearance is slightly disappointing but given the subject matter of the set (Town Hall/Resident Services), it makes sense for at least one staff member of that establishment to be included. Plus at least she's in another of her outfits.

The camper van is an unexpected inclusion seeing as it's only in New Leaf and the mobile game, not in New Horizons which the rest of the set is based on. But it looks like it adds some nice play potential, especially since it looks like you can maybe store some of K.K.'s road gear (amp+microphone) in the roof. So kids can role play K.K. arriving in town and setting up for a concert, or packing up and hitting the road again.

Audie and Tangy are great choices for villager additions. Audie has a fun story behind her since while not confirmed, she might be named after an 87-year-old player who went viral in 2019 when her grandson shared her 3,580 hour playtime for New Leaf. She's also the first wolf villager to appear as a minifig, making it easier for other characters like Chief or Whitney (among several others) to be made in the future. Tangy is our second cat villager to appear but is certainly one of the more unique and distinctive choices with her fruit theming!

And it's a little thing, but I do like the autumnal tree in the Resident Services set, marking the third season to be represented in these sets (after spring and summer).

With these two prominent subjects out of the way, two of the ones near the top of my wishlist are still the museum (with Blathers and possibly Celeste and/or Brewster as well) and the Able Sisters' tailor shop (with Mabel and Sable). But there's of course plenty of other potential for more villager-focused sets as well, along with possibly sets themed around visiting characters (including holiday-themed visitors).

EDIT: One last thing I forgot to mention is it's a little bit of a shame that the airport includes Wilbur but not Orville, since there's not too many sets other than the airport that he'd be well-suited to.

Edited by Lyichir