Captain Braunsfeld

Herlock Sholmes - Second Adventure Ch14 (Epilogue)

800x506.png

(This is where we left our heroes)

In a palace in Pontelli.

Everyone is there: our heroes, Albert & George, Mayor Sally, Colonel Brickinson - and even Professor Thaum has found his way were (maybe to make sure that his evil twin is still imprisoned...)

800x539.jpg

Mayor (Sally): “Herlock Sholmes, you and your friends have protected the gold of Pontelli.
Therefore, the city of Pontelli would like to express our gratitude. Please accept this great golden goblet as our gift to you.”

800x569.jpg

Mayor: “Without your initiative and courage the Bank of Pontelli would have been robbed and many rich people would have been quite upset…”

Herlock: “Thank you, madam.”
800x586.jpg

Mayor: “And now a toast! To our heroes! And may Pontelli's trade routes become even more lucrative in the future!”

(Everyone cheers. Somehow Sholmes manages to be the only one without a drink in his hands…)

800x568.jpg

Meanwhile Alberto, George and the Marquis seem to get along quite well with each other.

Dr. Sonwat to Sholmes: "Did you hear that? The Marquis is funding the development of a new ball-hover."

Sholmes: "Yes, I heard that. They want to call it 'Enterprise' and they want to boldly travel to islands where no Eslandolean has gone before."

Dr. Sonwat: "They want to travel to Oleon?"

Sholmes: "But...

Dr. Sonwat: "Yes?"

Sholmes: "Why is our Marquis so fascinated by bananas? I do not get it."

Dr. Sonwat: "Nor do I. It is a mystery to me."

800x571.jpg

Then they all pose for the obligatory painting for the newspaper....

800x591.jpg

... but Sholmes still has no drink.

The party later gets more tempo after the Marquis has discovered a drum set...

Later in the "The Crab and the Lobster" club (in Belson, Corrington):

(Lord Fortescue,  Dr. Thinkslow-Shootwell, Lord Rushinthought and our heroes)

800x478.jpg

Sholmes: “Lord Rushinthought, we have good news: here is the Horse Race Money that was stolen from you!”

Rushinthought: “Good Golly, Miss Molly, that’s what I call a nice surprise!”

800x608.jpg

Rushinthought: "But how?

Sholmes: "Later."

800x535.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: "We also have the diamond that was stolen from Lord Fortescue!"

Lord Fortescue: "Certainly, certainly. Amazing achievement. And I thought it was my butler Bean Sean."

Dr. Sonwat: "Bauwn Shauwn?"

Lord Fortescue: "Yes, Bean Sean. But I understand it wasn't him. Now whodunnit?"

800x714.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “Well, we took a ball-hover and then we hid in a gold depot that was about to get robbed and Hallcroft got painted, the Marquis fought with unbelievable speed and then suddenly it wasn’t the butler.”

(Everyone looks confused.)

Sholmes: "Let me summarize: The case was a bit complicated, I must admit. We caught the villain with the green mask who called himself 'Masfanto'.
But he was in fact Wesbert Thaum, the evil twin-brother of Professor Thaum. But then again he turned out not be the main villain."

Lord Fortescue (still slightly confused): "And who was the main villain?"

Sholmes: "A woman."

Lord Rushinthought: "That explains a lot. Thank you, my dear Sholmes."

800x532.jpg

Lord Rushinthought: "Well, no good deed goes unpunished, err, I mean unrewarded. Here, have this diamond. And thanks a lot!"

800x600.jpg

Lord Fortescue: "Certainly. And please accept this bag of money as my sign of gratitude."

800x650.jpg

Sholmes (whispering to Dr. Sonwat): "We started with a bag of money and a diamond and we end up with the same."

Dr. Sonwat (whispering to Sholmes): "Yepp, we could have skipped this part and just kept the loot. But that would have been indecent. We are after all honourable detectives."

Finally, back at Quaker Street 9 ¾:

800x600.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: "So what have you got, at the end of the day? What have you got to take away? Some money, a diamond and a glittering prize. Strange story behind us and confusion behind our eyes..."

Sholmes: "Well, my dear Hisham. I see it clearly now. Patricia Sevenfish is the daughter of the infamous Ricau Fingergold. Just like him she has become obsessed with gold and this is why she planned to rob the Bank of Pontelli.

After all, this is one of the largest gold depots in Eslandolea. I could have found out this earlier but I got confused by all those Celtic names."

Spoiler

In every detective story, the author comes up with some facts that nobody could have guessed earlier. :pir-laugh:

Dr. Sonwat: "Like Liamh Jeeves, spelt Leamh Jiamh?"

Sholmes: "Yepp. Do not mention him again, the spelling gives me a headache."

800x579.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: "We made a lot of money by solving these adventures."

Sholmes: "Yes, but I will still send them my standard invoice."

Dr. Sonwat: "Hallcroft Py would have loved that. Where might he and Patricia Sevenfish be right now?"

Sholmes: "I don't know but I am still pretty sure about their coat of arms."

800x926.jpg

THE END

Spoiler

The "What have you got, at the end of the day"-part, is based on Dire Straits' song "Private Investigations."

The story overview:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Chapter 10

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13

Chapter 14 (you are here)

Very nice and fitting end of the story! All hail Herlock Sholmes, the protector of the rich!

Mayor Sally has a nice drink :pir-huzzah2: and the coat of arms is so good :pir-laugh: One question remains: Will we hear more of this Fingergold guy in the future?

(memo to myself: order some bananas from PAB online)

A great epilogue that was told in a funny way! :pir_laugh2:

The lemon and orange slices on the drinks glasses are really cool.

I'm happy that Alberto can build a new ball hover! With the Enterprise he could travel around the world in 80 days, for example to Oleon.

Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat made good money from solving the cases. Don't forget to enter all income and expenses correctly in the tax form.

18 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Very nice and fitting end of the story! All hail Herlock Sholmes, the protector of the rich!

Mayor Sally has a nice drink :pir-huzzah2: and the coat of arms is so good :pir-laugh: One question remains: Will we hear more of this Fingergold guy in the future?

(memo to myself: order some bananas from PAB online)

Thanks. I assume that Fingergold is already dead and gone. But who knows :pir-grin:

You want to order bananas? What have you done that you have to fear the Marquis?

2 hours ago, NOD said:

A great epilogue that was told in a funny way! :pir_laugh2:

The lemon and orange slices on the drinks glasses are really cool.

I'm happy that Alberto can build a new ball hover! With the Enterprise he could travel around the world in 80 days, for example to Oleon.

Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat made good money from solving the cases. Don't forget to enter all income and expenses correctly in the tax form.

Yepp, those drinks with the slices are great (they are a third-party product, however, not my creation).

I am sure that Dr. Sonwat will take care of all required tax matters :pir-laugh:

2 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Thanks. I assume that Fingergold is already dead and gone. But who knows :pir-grin:

You want to order bananas? What have you done that you have to fear the Marquis?

Haha no, no! I just want to make sure the Eslandolan cities on Maldria would be able to offer a exquisite meal for the Marquis, if ever he decides to visit the island. Think of grilled banana, banana rum, banana wine, banana split ice cream, banana bread,...

(So far i have not a single lego banana in my inventory so i will set them on my wanted list.)

17 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Haha no, no! I just want to make sure the Eslandolan cities on Maldria would be able to offer a exquisite meal for the Marquis, if ever he decides to visit the island. Think of grilled banana, banana rum, banana wine, banana split ice cream, banana bread,...

(So far i have not a single lego banana in my inventory so i will set them on my wanted list.)

I just talked to the marquis. He is quite interested in visiting Maldria :monkey:

40 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I just talked to the marquis. He is quite interested in visiting Maldria :monkey:

Hehe, very nice! :thumbup:

On 9/23/2023 at 3:27 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Dr. Sonwat (whispering to Sholmes): "Yepp, we could have skipped this part and just kept the loot. But that would have been indecent. We are after all honourable detectives."

:pir_laugh2:

I am glad they are honorable detectives.  It made for a much more interesting story. :pir-grin:

Those cups with the lemons in them are very cool.  Where do they come from?

7 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

:pir_laugh2:

I am glad they are honorable detectives.  It made for a much more interesting story. :pir-grin:

Those cups with the lemons in them are very cool.  Where do they come from?

Well, I showcased those drinks in this scene - did you see the food too?

The cups & lemons are created by a guy here in Germany (https://www.patsonbricks.de). And here are all the drinks he's done so far.

I came in contact during the last lego event we've done here in Cologne (bricks and friends). And I just had to buy those drinks. Probably they are not historically acurate but they look great :pir_laugh2:

3 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Well, I showcased those drinks in this scene - did you see the food too?

The cups & lemons are created by a guy here in Germany (https://www.patsonbricks.de). And here are all the drinks he's done so far.

I came in contact during the last lego event we've done here in Cologne (bricks and friends). And I just had to buy those drinks. Probably they are not historically acurate but they look great :pir_laugh2:

Wow, that are a lof of drinks and all look very good :pir-huzzah1:Is he using colored resin?

Oh dear , the epilogue already. It was as always a great pleasure to read and i applaud the work you to show these adventures:thumbup: i hope you continue:monkey:

On 9/29/2023 at 4:10 PM, Fraunces said:

Oh dear , the epilogue already. It was as always a great pleasure to read and i applaud the work you to show these adventures:thumbup: i hope you continue:monkey:

Thank you. Yes, I intend to continue to write strange/funny storylines. :pir-sweet:

55 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Thank you. Yes, I intend to continue to write strange/funny storylines. :pir-sweet:

Great story, can't wait for the next weird and wonderful adventure!