Captain Braunsfeld

Herlock Sholmes - Second Adventure Ch13

800x506.png

(This is where we left our heroes)

800x609.jpg

Sholmes and his companions rush to Pontelli’s airfield to catch Ms. Sevenfish before she can escape through the air.

800x706.jpg

When they arrive the ball-hover is already airborne. Some Pontellian crocodiles watch the scene from the side.

Sholmes (shouting): “Miss Sevenfish. Give up. You are surrounded!”

Patricia Sevenfish: “Oh, hello. I would be surrounded if I was on the ground, Mr. Sholmes: but it might have escaped your attention that I am already up in the air.”
800x604.jpg

Sholmes: “Where are Alberto and George?”

Patricia Sevenfish (raising the pistol): “They ran when I showed them my little friend here. And so I came into possession of this fine invention.”

800x600.jpg 

Patricia Sevenfish (now holding a diamond): “Is this what you are after, Sholmes?”

Sholmes: “Lord Fortescue’s diamond, I assume?”

800x600.jpg

Patricia Sevenfish: “The very same.”

800x764.jpg

Ms. Sevenfish pockets the diamond and produces the pistol again.

Sholmes: “This confirms my assumptions.”

Dr. Sonwat: “You said, you had no idea…”

Sholmes: “Miss Sevenfish. You might have a one-shot pistol but there is five of us.
And we have the Marquis and he is armed!”

800x1068.jpg

Ignoring his wig, the Marquis leaps forward and grabs the mooring rope.

Miss Sevenfish: “How amusing.”

800x1067.jpg

Miss Sevenfish (waving and then dropping a banana): “This will be an interesting test!”

The Marquis reacts immediately: before the falling banana has passed him by, he lets go of the rope, grabs the banana and lands safely with it on the ground.

800x495.jpg

The Marquis is very happy and seems less interested in the further development of the story.

Sholmes: “What was that? What kind of magic are you capable of?”

Miss Sevenfish: “Seeing and observing.”

800x634.jpg

Before she can continue, Hallcroft Py has jumped forward and grabbed the end of the mooring rope.

800x1067.jpg

Patricia Sevenfish: “Hallcroft!”

Hallcroft Py (pulling himself onboard): “Patricia.”

Sholmes (to himself): “This is getting out of hand…”

800x717.jpg

Sholmes (loud): “Hallcroft! What are you doing there?”

Patricia Sevenfish (holding the diamond again): “Ah but Mr. Sholmes, now you disappoint me - isn't it obvious: he’s joined my side.

800x663.jpg

Dr. Sonwat (to Sholmes): “I think I can stop them. I had some special changes made to my hat.”

Sholmes: “Like what?”

Dr. Sonwat: “It now has an iron ring under the brim.”

800x609.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “I will throw it to disable the ball-hover.”

800x1047.jpg

Dr. Sonwat takes aim and throws his bowler hat!

Spoiler

This picture has been edited. :pir-grin:  All the other shots, however, were taken from a mocced scene. The minifigs have performed all the stunts themselves.

800x995.jpg

Sonwat’s hat hits Ms Sevenfish’s hand which is holding the diamond –

800x1045.jpg

… and knocks the diamond out of her hand.

800x600.jpg

Patricia Sevenfish: “That was unexpected…" 

Hallcroft Py (shouting down): “Stop that! Somebody could get hurt!”

Patricia Sevenfish: “Don’t worry. I am not injured – and this was not my only diamond…”

800x582.jpg

The diamond has landed right in front of Herlock Sholmes.

800x574.jpg

Sholmes: “Ok, now we’ve got all of your loot.”

Patricia & Hallcroft remain  quiet as if to say “We don’t care!”

Dr. Sonwat: “All I wanna say is they don’t really care about us.

Sholmes: “Looks like it.”

800x1067.jpg

Hallcroft Py: “I don’t like sand.”

Patricia Sevenfish: “Me neither.”

They stare in each other’s eyes.

800x1014.jpg

Hallcroft Py (sighing): “Patricia!”

Patricia Sevenfish (sighing): “Hallcroft!”

800x600.jpg

Sholmes (shouting): “Hallcroft Py, think about your future! Do you want to become a criminal?”

Hallcroft Py (shouting back): “I am sorry, Sholmes, especially after all you have done for me. But I will stay with Patricia.”

Sholmes: “You will be found guilty. Isn’t that terrible for an upcoming accountant?”

Hallcroft Py: “Most of today’s crimes are committed by bankers and accountants anyway….  It’s my destiny!”

800x600.jpg

Hallcroft Py: “Farewell, Mr. Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat. And Marquis. Thanks for helping me. And Mr. Sholmes, one more thing!”

Sholmes: “Yes?”

Hallcroft Py: “Do not forget to enter your expenses in form XVa when you do your taxes!”

Sholmes (speechless)

The ball-hover starts to drift away in the breeze.

800x557.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “At least we have the complete loot from our last adventure.”

Sholmes: “Yes. One more case closed. And they will marry.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Their family-coat of arms will be a no-brainer.”

Pontelli Guard: “Shall we round up the usual suspects now?”

Sholmes: “No, not this time.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Let’s return the stolen property to the rightful owners.”

Sholmes: “Yes.”

(to be continued)

The story so far:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Chapter 10

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13 (you are here)

Chapter 14 (epilogue)

Yes, there will be a closing chapter. But when you have come this far, you have essentially seen the story. :pir-sweet:

And here you have the other Goldfinger-element that you have been waiting for: the dangerous hat! Except that it is used by one of the heroes and not by the villain.

"I don't like sand" is of course the pinnacle of George Lucas' romantic writing. :pir-grin: I just had to use it here.

This chapter is actually quite long but I felt that we already had a suffient amount of cliff hangers, so I hope you will appreciate that! :pir-laugh:

You are a genius for weaving such a large amount of pop culture references into one story and make it work beautifully. Also, love the sand quote usage. (which is more than can be said for that entire film, but I digress!)

My hat is off to you, sir!

I am happy for the lovers and happy for Sholmes and Sonwat, who solved the case. But the most happy of us is surely the Marquis who got a banana :pir_laugh2:

And nice flying hat scene!

A nice ending, didn't see it coming! So we have a flying 'bonny and clyde' now around the brickseas! Need to redesign our cannons to shoot those criminals away from our fleets!

A great and funny story! :pir-triumph:  It's always good to have a banana with you. I'm happy that Patricia Sevenfish and Hallcroft Py have found each other.

The bank robbery could only be thwarted in time because Alberto da Pontelli flew Herlock Sholmes and the others from Belson to Pontelli in time with the Spirit of Eslandola. I hope that the rich director of the Bank of Pontelli sponsors the helpful Alberto da Pontelli the Spirit of Eslandola II.

On 9/16/2023 at 3:15 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

The Marquis is very happy and seems less interested in the further development of the story.

:pir-laugh:  Great almost ending!  I'm curious to see what is left for the epilogue.

On 9/16/2023 at 4:41 PM, Murdoch17 said:

You are a genius for weaving such a large amount of pop culture references into one story and make it work beautifully. Also, love the sand quote usage. (which is more than can be said for that entire film, but I digress!)

My hat is off to you, sir!

And I always hope that some people spot the hidden references :pir-grin:

My pleasure.

On 9/16/2023 at 5:54 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

I am happy for the lovers and happy for Sholmes and Sonwat, who solved the case. But the most happy of us is surely the Marquis who got a banana :pir_laugh2:

And nice flying hat scene!

Thanks. I guess that Patricia and Hallcroft are happy too :pir-grin:

On 9/17/2023 at 2:11 PM, Fraunces said:

A nice ending, didn't see it coming! So we have a flying 'bonny and clyde' now around the brickseas! Need to redesign our cannons to shoot those criminals away from our fleets!

:pir-sweet:

On 9/17/2023 at 3:42 PM, NOD said:

A great and funny story! :pir-triumph:  It's always good to have a banana with you. I'm happy that Patricia Sevenfish and Hallcroft Py have found each other.

The bank robbery could only be thwarted in time because Alberto da Pontelli flew Herlock Sholmes and the others from Belson to Pontelli in time with the Spirit of Eslandola. I hope that the rich director of the Bank of Pontelli sponsors the helpful Alberto da Pontelli the Spirit of Eslandola II.

Thank you. Some things will be covered in the upcoming closing chapter. 

On 9/18/2023 at 8:30 PM, Kai NRG said:

:pir-laugh:  Great almost ending!  I'm curious to see what is left for the epilogue.

Well, I need to thank my readers. Actually, the idea of tricking the Marquis with a banana was one of the early comments in the storyline. And I liked that idea :pir-laugh: