Lost in the Shire 1

Pippin is trying to explain that they're lost but Merry's not listening - he's just found a biscuit in his pocket!

Just playing around with a few ideas ahead of a much bigger moc I'm planning. This is one is a test of a waterfall/stream technique I wanted to try.  I got hold of about 30 this part and figured it might make a decent flowing water effect. But in the end it was a lot more difficult than I anticipated because there's not much back/forward rotation in the clips. I ended up with quite a few 'illegal' connections, although I think they could be designed out with a bit of planning.  I quite like the end result - I think I got some of the flowing movement I was after, although I next time I'm going to try adding some tan/dark tan under the water pieces to simulate the stream bed. Hopefully it will help emphasise the effect more. Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics - comments/suggestions welcome!

Edit: Thanks for the frontpage!

Lost in the Shire waterfall detail 2Lost in the Shire waterfall detail

Edited by BenA
Added thanks for frontpage

Interesting way to create the water. I might add a dab of trans-light blue in to give it some contrast. Otherwise, gorgeous work with the scenery. The tree trunk is ingenious.

13 hours ago, hikouki said:

Nice work! Love the water effect!

1 hour ago, Feuer Zug said:

Interesting way to create the water. I might add a dab of trans-light blue in to give it some contrast. Otherwise, gorgeous work with the scenery. The tree trunk is ingenious.

Thanks both! And yep, good idea about adding some blue for contrast - might give that a go!

15 hours ago, LegoAUT said:

Holy shit, this is phenomenal! Probably the best waterfall I have ever seen! 

Haha, thanks. There are some amazing ones out there so that's high praise indeed! :laugh:

1 hour ago, BardDandelion said:

Waterfall technique is superb!

Thanks! I think it can be improved - I had a play around last night and added some tan underneath a section of the water to simulate the stream bed. You can see it on the bottom left of the waterfall in the pic below. I think it also helps the water stand out more, although it might be too bright now! I've got some dark tan parts on order so will see if that hits the sweet spot...

2023-09-12_09-52-06