Peppermint_M

LEGO Monkie Kid 2024 Rumours and Discussion

17 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

To be fair in the duckbricks video you can see the silhouette of the Medusa hairpiece on a poster on the side wall of the jade store. I think it’s likely. Can’t wait for the wider community to see “snakes! It’s just a Ninjago rip off” like Ninjago hasn’t been doing snakes over and over and over again for years. Don’t get me wrong I love both themes but I wish there could be something a little more interesting cooked up in those prestigious designer concept sessions. Like the amount of unique snake figures I have now is ridiculous. You want a sea snake? Have a hydro-whipper. A tunnelling snake? Have a constricti. A python? Pythor! A mummified snake? Pyro viper! Sorceress snake? Aspherea! Warriors made of snakes taking on a human form? Vermillion! Snakes that like giant ham sandwiches? Chokun! Snakes that hypnotise you? Hypnobri……. The list is endless. 

Seriously what is with Ninjago and snakes?

Let’s ee if Chinese New Year sets will have snake mask when it’s Year of the Snake!

anyways, that Medusa’s bower part and hairpiece from CMF haven’t seen for aes so I would be very surprised to see them come back. But I would be ok wiht Nuwa going with Medusa’s hairpiece in Monkie Kid world instead. 

17 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Let’s ee if Chinese New Year sets will have snake mask when it’s Year of the Snake!

anyways, that Medusa’s bower part and hairpiece from CMF haven’t seen for aes so I would be very surprised to see them come back. But I would be ok wiht Nuwa going with Medusa’s hairpiece in Monkie Kid world instead. 

The hairpiece, maybe (hasn't been in sets since 2017), but the snake lower body piece was last used just last year for Pythor in 71775.

The Medusa snake hair piece wouldn't really fit traditional depictions of Nuwa IMO. That said, she's also usually benevolent. 

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

If Nuwa has a lower body that of a snake, it would be interesting to see a return of Medusa’s lower body part from the older CMF Series! 

That is the same part that was used for Pythor in the 2022 sets, so it is still in-production (or can easily be revived).  

56 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

You want a sea snake? Have a hydro-whipper.

I think that the Maaray guards were intended to be based on eels, not snakes (though they do reuse the snake headpiece). 

I’m really liking the megalopolis build! Felt underwhelming at first, but now I really like it! Only part I hate is the Ferris wheel. My wallet is already dreading my upcoming purchase of ninjago city markets, so this will add fuel to the fire!

i loooovveee the Chibi versions of the brotherhood! I kinda wish the little girl who was possessed by LBD appeared, or maybe peng, who knows, maybe after s4 they became a rapper? I also kinda want a 80016 styled DBK appeared, too!

6 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

That is the same part that was used for Pythor in the 2022 sets, so it is still in-production (or can easily be revived).  

I think that the Maaray guards were intended to be based on eels, not snakes (though they do reuse the snake headpiece). 

Ahh, I didn’t notice that Pyrthor in 2022 sets as I just got into Ninjago recently. But thanks for giving me a heads-up. 

Has this been mentioned before? There will be a new color, reddish orange, comming with the set. It is used for the roof of the pagoda:

unbenanntowddt.jpg

22 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Has this been mentioned before? There will be a new color, reddish orange, comming with the set. It is used for the roof of the pagoda:

Temple of the tomato soup???

7 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I think so; I am curious to see how LEGO uses it, particularly since none of the leaked Friends sets have the colour. 

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I think so; I am curious to see how LEGO uses it, particularly since none of the leaked Friends sets have the colour. 

I could see it being used for wyldfire from Ninjago as I suspect it will blend well with the sand green she has on her outfit. Other than that, not really sure. Nothing jumps out in themes that could use it. What about that Star Wars 4+ crimson firebird set (I can’t remember the name, not a massive starwars nerd)? 

12 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I could see it being used for wyldfire from Ninjago as I suspect it will blend well with the sand green she has on her outfit. 

I am thinking either her or whoever “Cinder” is. 

12 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

What about that Star Wars 4+ crimson firebird set (I can’t remember the name, not a massive starwars nerd)? 

The Crimson Firehawk, but the red is closer to LEGO’s standard red; this new colour is far too orange. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

21 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am thinking either her or whoever “Cinder” is. 

The Crimson Firehawk, but the red is closer to LEGO’s standard red; this new colour is far too orange. 

Ahh that’s actually a pretty cool looking ship, shame it will just get the 4+ treatment. Maybe cinder yes, but I’m still dubious if that character even exists because that would lead to 3 flame based elementals which is kinda weird. I’m wondering if that character has been Misidentified.

11 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Maybe cinder yes, but I’m still dubious if that character even exists because that would lead to 3 flame based elementals which is kinda weird. I’m wondering if that character has been Misidentified.

The character exists (they are present in the same lists that also include Wyldfyre), but the name could be a translation. 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The mansion set actually does, it uses it with other colors for the sunset-y gradient on the walls.

3 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

The mansion set actually does, it uses it with other colors for the sunset-y gradient on the walls.

I meant as a prominent colour; the mansion uses maybe four bricks in the new red-orange colour. 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I meant as a prominent colour; the mansion uses maybe four bricks in the new red-orange colour. 

True, it's not used heavily there.

Getting a little off-topic from Monkie Kid, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Lego plans to use the color for a big Lego Icons set of the Golden Gate Bridge—the reddish orange color would be a pretty good match for the distinct "international orange" color of the landmark, in a way that existing red or orange colors would've fallen short of.

7 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Lego plans to use the color for a big Lego Icons set of the Golden Gate Bridge—the reddish orange color would be a pretty good match for the distinct "international orange" color of the landmark, in a way that existing red or orange colors would've fallen short of.

I can absolutely see that! Also, good point about this being “international orange”; maybe it will be used for  City space flightsuits, or as a secondary colour for construction sets. 

Hm... yeah, feels mostly like a cheaper, smaller version of the previous mech (with some features from the original too, like the banners). Not totally a bad thing (lord knows the prices in this theme can be high), but since I'm pretty satisfied with this year's mech I might skip this new one unless there's some really good figs or side builds.

Considering getting the Dragon Palace since Insider weekend is putting it at 20% off, but concerned about space. Can anyone confirm how wide it is in studs with the front sections opened?

3 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Considering getting the Dragon Palace since Insider weekend is putting it at 20% off, but concerned about space. Can anyone confirm how wide it is in studs with the front sections opened?

Open, it's about 76 studs wide (including some of the bits that stick off the ends like the fish and ferns). Closed it's 16 studs narrower (60 studs wide).

All sets leaked on pricyplasticproducts IG

I…. I don’t know about this wave. As a wave celebrating the 5th anniversary this falls kinda flat. The mini monkey mech is atrocious IMO, proportions are completely whack. The mini vehicles thing looks cool though, I like it and it’s cheap. The dragon mech is actually pretty good, but it looks like it re uses the MK from the megapolis set (no side arm or leg prints) and also there’s no villain figures anywhere? Where is the budget being allocated here? I hope summer is really impressive. Ngl though I dig the mono wheel looking thing MK has and the gantry surrounding the mech looks cool. As for the mech itself, feels like a reskin of jays core Titan mech. Overall I’d give the wave right now a 6/10, megapolis is obviously the best set, but it’s also the only set with other images. This is just a blurry back-of-the-manual shot. I may (and hope I) change my opinions when we see a full reveal. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

Gotta say, I was expecting more from finally having a Mei mech. Been waiting for it for years, but this . . this isn’t what I was waiting for. And the less said about that weird shrunken Monkie Mech, the better - though I do like that it includes a cloud.

I am very curious about the absence of visible villains, though? Are they just cropped out? I’m going to be very annoyed if it turns out that a big set like Mei’s mech only comes with MK and Mei and some generic brick-built maintenance robots (I think that’s what those are).

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

All sets leaked on pricyplasticproducts IG

I…. I don’t know about this wave. As a wave celebrating the 5th anniversary this falls kinda flat. The mini monkey mech is atrocious IMO, proportions are completely whack. The mini vehicles thing looks cool though, I like it and it’s cheap. The dragon mech is actually pretty good, but it looks like it re uses the MK from the megapolis set (no side arm or leg prints) and also there’s no villain figures anywhere? Where is the budget being allocated here? I hope summer is really impressive. Ngl though I dig the mono wheel looking thing MK has and the gantry surrounding the mech looks cool. As for the mech itself, feels like a reskin of jays core Titan mech. Overall I’d give the wave right now a 6/10, megapolis is obviously the best set, but it’s also the only set with other images. This is just a blurry back-of-the-manual shot. I may (and hope I) change my opinions when we see a full reveal. 

I cannot find that instagram at all via googling. Think ya can PM me it?

Edit. Nvm found it on reddit.

Gonna need the official reveal to better judge it. But suffice to say. I like my Dragon Mech more than this one. At least the Prime Empire blade piece is still being made so I can get another of that in trans bright green.

Edited by Takanuinuva

I quite like the Mei mech! Compared to the Monkey Mech it looks quite lean and sleek. I've been itching for Mei to get her own humanoid mech ever since she had the Monkey Mech high score back in season one, so it's great that we're finally getting one that seems to have been worth the wait.

The other two sets don't excite me as much—they seem fine for entry-level sets but as a longtime collector of the theme, they're not as exciting. Though the mini-mech with its shrunken proportions and giant cloud does have a sort of fun "young Goku" feel to it.