Mister Phes

[CONTEST] Return of the Classic Pirates - Vote Counting

7 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

I hope the votes of members who have just registered will not be counted?

Also, why is this even allowed to be an entry, since it is stated clearly that it was built last year?

Hear hear, the user literally says his entry is eligible, but the rules clearly specify that you are supposed to have built your entry after the start of the contest, it's unfair for people like @zinnn, who made a great creation that would likely have gotten many votes (and was one lie away from having it be valid), but who instead did the right thing and self-disqualified his build.

Edited by Horation
Removed banter

16 minutes ago, Horation said:

Hear hear, the user literally says his entry is eligible, but the rules clearly specify that you are supposed to have built your entry after the start of the contest

Looks like we have our first disqualification!

@Yoggington Bear You, i guess You need to change Your vote :P

Did a quick check to see how many voters would have to edit their posts in the voting thread and i already thought that it won't be a problem, since no seemed to have actually voted for Alexu's entry... but naaah... :) Wonder what will You pick up this time... 

About the MyFirstMoc-Hun issue, I just noticed that GabKremo only gave votes to MyFirstMoc-Hun in the main category, which is suspicious to say the least...

1 hour ago, Horation said:

About the MyFirstMoc-Hun issue, I just noticed that GabKremo only gave votes to MyFirstMoc-Hun in the main category, which is suspicious to say the least...

Aye, very suspicious, but Governor Phes is on to them, the voting now says they have to vote for both categories :pir-triumph:

53 minutes ago, Rogue Redcoat said:

Aye, very suspicious, but Governor Phes is on to them, the voting now says they have to vote for both categories :pir-triumph:

I know, he's one of those that did do both categories, but he did it very early on so I had to make sure he wasn't forgotten about

Also, I did a little table of all the contestants votes, here's the tally :

Spoiler

49 entries earned votes in the main category (I am not counting the 4 very suspicious voters who were almost always voting for MyFirstMoc-Hun, but I am provisionally counting votes for his entries from non-suspicious accounts, until such a time that we know whether or not he has been banned or if this is a misunderstanding)

Position   Entries (in chronological order of votes)                    votes       (of which are provisional votes- only for the entry next to parentheses, not for all entries with that many votes) 

#1-           6267 Lagoon Lockup/Soldier's tavern by Aanchir     14 votes

6278/6292 enchanted island by DannyBoy_4             

#2-          6269 Islander Palace by BrynnOfCastlegate              12 votes

#3-          Saber Island by TomSkippy                                          11  votes

#4-         The Lost Lagoon by The Brick Stop                             10 votes 

#5-         Short Pork Island by Yoggington                                    9 votes

#6-        Sin Island by Marooned Marin                                         7 votes

#7-        6273 Rock Island Refuge by CollinsAnimation...            6 votes

Base impériale by OMBY54

#8-       Skull eyes Schooner By Quotenotto                                5 votes

Caribbean Shipyard by Cincinnati                                    

Imperial trading outpost by Aex383

#9-      Big Kahuna's Atoll by Yatkuu                                            4 votes 

6260/6257 pirates by _R_R_

6277 Imperial trading Post by Rogue Redcoat 

Rock Island Refuge by CaptainDarkNStormy 

#10-   6279 Skull Island by MyFirstMOC-Hun                             3 votes   (3)

6271 Imperial Flagship by Elephant Knight                        

6262 King Kahuka's throne by SevenDeadlyStreamers

Caribean Clipper by TomSkippy

Armada Fortress by Elephant Knight 

Governor Broadside's garrison by US_Army_Tom

#11-  Forbidden Cove by TomSkippy                                          2 votes

Cross Bone Clipper  by Elephant Knight

6281 Pirate's Perilous Pitfall by Slegengr

Cutlass Reach by LetsBrick 

The Hearty Cutlass by Thats No Moon

Le Scorpion by Jansued 

6267 Lagoon Lockup revisited by CaptainLocke

6254+6258 "Remastered Atolls"

The Hurricane by Marooned Marin

Sailor's Hideout by Slengengr

#12- The Lizard by CaptainDarkNStormy                                   1 votes

6244 armada sentry by BrickShipyard

6259 Boardsides Brig/6234 Renegades Raft by TheWatchman

Armada Fortress by Spacepolice89

1872 Imperial Guard Camp by MyFirstMOC-Hun                              (1)

1795 Imperial cannon battlepack by Jansued 

Sabre Island II by BrickCommander9

Redbeard's Rocky Island escape by Dilligan

Skull Island by Glowboy

UCS Jolly Roger by hatchpatter

31109 creator pirate ship by eldiano

Sabre Island by Yatkuu

Caribbean Brig by Stoerbricker

Imperial Guard Tower by Elephant Knight

Soldier's armoury by eldiano

Fort Broadside by Alexandrina 

Carribean Clipper by Amedeo

Votes Valid as of Durazno33's vote

Though I will reverify all numbers tomorrow (IF YOU SEE A MISTAKE-LET ME KNOW, It's not intentional, even when I didn't like the entry I tallied up it's votes as poorly as everyone else's)

Does not include any Facebook group voting, which I believe will account for quite a few extra votes

Edited by Horation
added some stuff

6 minutes ago, Horation said:

I know, he's one of those that did do both categories. 

Reveal hidden contents

49 entries earned votes in the main category (I am not counting the 4 very suspicious voters who were almost always voting for MyFirstMoc-Hun, but I am provisionally counting votes for his entries from non-suspicious accounts, until such a time that we know whether or not he has been banned or if this is a misunderstanding)

Position   Entries (in chronological order of votes)                    votes       (of which are provisional votes- only for the entry next to parentheses, not for all entries with that many votes) 

#3-          Saber Island by TomSkippy                                          11  votes

#4-         The Lost Lagoon by The Brick Stop                             10 votes 

#5-         Short Pork Island by Yoggington                                    9 votes

#6-        Sin Island by Marooned Marin                                         7 votes

Base impériale by OMBY54

#8-       Skull eyes Schooner By Quotenotto                                5 votes

#9-      Big Kahuna's Atoll by Yatkuu                                            4 votes 

#10-   6279 Skull Island by MyFirstMOC-Hun                             3 votes   (3)

Nice, thanks for the tally :pir-huzzah2: 

I'm pretty sure even with the fake votes he is still not in the lead :pir_laugh2:

2 hours ago, Horation said:

Thank ye! :pir-huzzah2:

I was going to do this over the weekend, but you've saved me the effort!

11 hours ago, Horation said:

I know, he's one of those that did do both categories, but he did it very early on so I had to make sure he wasn't forgotten about

Reveal hidden contents

Base impériale by OMBY54

#11-  Forbidden Cove by TomSkippy                                          2 votes

Cross Bone Clipper  by Elephant Knight

6281 Pirate's Perilous Pitfall by Slegengr

Cutlass Reach by LetsBrick 

The Hearty Cutlass by Thats No Moon

Le Scorpion by Jansued 

6267 Lagoon Lockup revisited by CaptainLocke

6254+6258 "Remastered Atolls"

The Hurricane by Marooned Marin

Sailor's Hideout by Slengengr

#12- The Lizard by CaptainDarkNStormy                                   1 votes

6244 armada sentry by BrickShipyard

6259 Boardsides Brig/6234 Renegades Raft by TheWatchman

Armada Fortress by Spacepolice89

1872 Imperial Guard Camp by MyFirstMOC-Hun                              (1)

1795 Imperial cannon battlepack by Jansued 

Sabre Island II by BrickCommander9

Redbeard's Rocky Island escape by Dilligan

Skull Island by Glowboy

UCS Jolly Roger by hatchpatter

31109 creator pirate ship by eldiano

Sabre Island by Yatkuu

Caribbean Brig by Stoerbricker

Imperial Guard Tower by Elephant Knight

Soldier's armoury by eldiano

Fort Broadside by Alexandrina 

Carribean Clipper by Amedeo

Though I will reverify all numbers tomorrow (IF YOU SEE A MISTAKE-LET ME KNOW, It's not intentional, even when I didn't like the entry I tallied up it's votes as poorly as everyone else's)

Does not include any Facebook group voting, which I believe will account for quite a few extra votes

Thanks for the tally! By my count, my model also has 14 votes at the moment (not that I've been keeping track :pir-wink:). So we have a three-way tie at the moment!

16 minutes ago, BrynnOfCastlegate said:

By my count, my model also has 14 votes at the moment (not that I've been keeping track :pir-wink:)

Let's recount... here everyone who voted for 6269 Islander Palace

1. F1stzz
  2. Jack Sassy
  3. Yoggington
  4. Slegengr
  5. SpacePolice
  6. Mazin
  7. Elephant Knight
  8. Dr3w
  9. Horation
  10. crusader9
  11. Danny_Boy4
  12. michgeld
  13. Dilligan
  14. The Reader

Best method is to create a excel table where you list both, every entry and every voter as x/y. Then add the votes into the table. Should be rock solid :pir-huzzah1:

19 hours ago, Mazin said:

@Yoggington Bear You, i guess You need to change Your vote :P

Did a quick check to see how many voters would have to edit their posts in the voting thread and i already thought that it won't be a problem, since no seemed to have actually voted for Alexu's entry... but naaah... :) Wonder what will You pick up this time... 

Oh shoot, and here I deleted the spreadsheet where I was tallying my votes, so I don't remember who was 6th and would be bumped up.

Edit: Actually I do remember where this vote would go instead.

I will do this over the weekend, but before I do, @Mister Phes can you confirm that is the correct course of action for me? To edit/add a vote since the one I had previously voted for is actually disqualified?

Edited by Yoggington

Just now, Yoggington said:

I will do this over the weekend, but before I do, @Mister Phes can you confirm that is the correct course of action for me? To edit/add a vote since the one I had previously voted for is actually disqualified?

Yes, you may remove Caribbean Clipper Remake by Alexu and replace it with another entry of your choosing...

9 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Best method is to create a excel table where you list both, every entry and every voter as x/y. Then add the votes into the table. Should be rock solid :pir-huzzah1:

Wonder if that would help create statistics to check how many voters made similar choices :) Especially in the main category, cause in mini sets it's already quite clear that folks have a much more similar taste ;) 

3 minutes ago, Mazin said:

Wonder if that would help create statistics to check how many voters made similar choices :) Especially in the main category, cause in mini sets it's already quite clear that folks have a much more similar taste ;) 

Imagine if someone was such a stats-nerd that they had been doing this for the category they were in already.

Nah, no-one would do that.

:kahuka:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RzTuQENmRYu6cIMSJTv6MKmp-rCOTD-GaCc2674szy0/edit?usp=sharing

14 minutes ago, Yoggington said:

Is an edit or as a new post better for you?

An edit will be fine.

Another post might confuse things...

11 minutes ago, Mazin said:

Wonder if that would help create statistics to check how many voters made similar choices :)

Yes it would :pir-thumb:

5 minutes ago, Yoggington said:

Imagine if someone was such a stats-nerd that they had been doing this for the category they were in already.

Nah, no-one would do that.

:kahuka:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RzTuQENmRYu6cIMSJTv6MKmp-rCOTD-GaCc2674szy0/edit?usp=sharing

:pir-love::pir-laugh: nice job, and i like the fact that You've added a strap of honey to mark Yourself :pir-grin:

let's have a moment of silence for all those poor fellows with no votes for their  entries ( yet )

done

now if we could get someone to turn those stats into a musical piece :pir-triumph: 

1 minute ago, Mazin said:

:pir-love::pir-laugh: nice job, and i like the fact that You've added a strap of honey to mark Yourself :pir-grin:

let's have a moment of silence for all those poor fellows with no votes for their  entries ( yet )

done

now if we could get someone to turn those stats into a musical piece :pir-triumph: 

Yep, I was definitely tracking to see if I might sneak into third. That ship has sailed however (:pir-triumph:), so the spreadsheet is out of date by a few days. Feel free to pull a copy and keep it up to date, or make a secondary worksheet for the mini-builds.

And my edit is now in place Mister Phes. Congrats to the beneficiary :o

1 hour ago, Yoggington said:

Thank ye for taking the time to collate the data!

But we seem to have different counts for some of the entries.

For example, both myself and @BrynnOfCastlegate counted 14 votes for 6269 Islander Palace whereas you've counted 13.

What might be the cause of this discrepancy?

Here's my count again:

1. F1stzz
  2. Jack Sassy
  3. Yoggington
  4. Slegengr
  5. SpacePolice
  6. Mazin
  7. Elephant Knight
  8. Dr3w
  9. Horation
  10. crusader9
  11. Danny_Boy4
  12. michgeld
  13. Dilligan
  14. The Reader

9 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank ye for taking the time to collate the data!

But we seem to have different counts for some of the entries.

For example, both myself and @BrynnOfCastlegate counted 14 votes for 6269 Islander Palace whereas you've counted 13.

What might be the cause of this discrepancy?

Here's my count again:

1. F1stzz
  2. Jack Sassy
  3. Yoggington
  4. Slegengr
  5. SpacePolice
  6. Mazin
  7. Elephant Knight
  8. Dr3w
  9. Horation
  10. crusader9
  11. Danny_Boy4
  12. michgeld
  13. Dilligan
  14. The Reader

I made the spreadsheet a few days ago, so the newest few votes have not been added (except my own edited vote, I added that today). So I don't have the Reader's vote in that count.

As I mentioned, you'd want to take your own copy and update. And as ever with any data collection, double & triple check it. I don't intend to update mine unless a sudden flurry of votes for me put me back in contention. There may also be votes you don't officially count as mentioned above, I am no judge so I just counted everything in thread at that point.

Edited by Yoggington

7 minutes ago, Yoggington said:

As I mentioned, you'd want to take your own copy and update. And as ever with any data collection, double & triple check it. I don't intend to update mine unless a sudden flurry of votes for me put me back in contention. There may also be votes you don't officially count as mentioned above, I am no judge so I just counted everything in thread at that point.

Ok, thank you for your brilliant work! :pir-huzzah2:

I actually did make a spreadsheet, for the express purpose of being able to compare users' votes (but I ignored F1stzz a while back, so his vote didn't get counted-will fix that now) 

I don't know how to share files, if someone tells me how I will definitively do so (to compare more easily with @Yoggington, who is 4 votes away from tying for the top spot)

Also, @Mister Phes, any update on MyFirstMoc-Hun and his hungarian army? It would make voting calculations simpler

Edited by Horation
improved post

8 hours ago, Horation said:

I don't know how to share files, if someone tells me how I will definitively do so

You could use Google Drive or OneDrive as they integrate seamlessly with Excel and Google Sheets.