Shadows

Are YOU a TFOL ?(Teenage Fan Of Lego) who pasted this in your sig?

:look:

:tongue: Removed.

I suppose 19 ISN't actually a TFOL then.

18 and 19 year olds are adults and teenagers, so it could apply to anyone from 13-19. I'll always consider myself a teenager, even when I'm in my 60's (if I live to that age). :grin:

I suppose it was getting annoying!

Yeah...

:skull:

I think I might have taken it out when I was in the chamber, by God I learned my lesson in there!

Thank you IS for bring that to the community's attention. I think that if your going to be on an adult site you should not yell out your a kid, that was the main reason I got Chambered.

So run along all us teens and take out the sig.

I've never put such a thing in my signature, I also thought it was anoying. Well said!

Okay I'm assuming that this means that all chain letters are to be removed from sigs; so I'll remove my hypercritical one as well (although mine never got off the ground :cry_sad: ).

Who or what is puberty? :wacko:

Please, if you don't know a word, look it up. It's that biological process every human goes through when they're teenagers, growing from a child to an adult.

Who or what is puberty? :wacko:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh my goodness, that was the funniest thing I've read today, oh dear. Yes, I agree with Sandy, look it up and be afraid :laugh:

A question regarding my sig. Is it okay to have this advert for KDog's comic up? I asked his permission so he could get more readers, just wondering if it is okay.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Well, i hate to advertse it :sceptic: sorry guys - but i'm 13, and i've been on this site for years - and i've also seen its transformation... but thats another story...

I actully feel i'm quite mature for my age.And since Vader said i was all good - he said i was here before they even introduced the 18+ rule, and i earned my place here, so i felt i was in the clear :classic: .I remember Vader bringing up a similar topic a while back - just without the signiture stuff.But thanks for the heads up ImperialShadows - it was needed :thumbup:

Who or what is puberty?

That was SO funny :grin:

Edited by legoman

A question regarding my sig. Is it okay to have this advert for KDog's comic up? I asked his permission so he could get more readers, just wondering if it is okay.

Sure... this topic is about not proclaiming you are a teenager or acting like one. We're not changing any rules, this is just a polite reminder.

Sure... this topic is about not proclaiming you are a teenager or acting like one. We're not changing any rules, this is just a polite reminder.

Ah, thanks :classic:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Ya know, I think the puberty thing was a joke...

we have a winner :thumbup::wink:

Haha, I can't believe people fell for that! :tongue:

It's that biological process every human goes through when they're teenagers, growing from a child to an adult.

AKA the stupidest thing that could ever happen to a person, IMO... :hmpf_bad: It is a very interesting subject to learn about scientifically though, even if you already know what it is. :thumbup:

we have a winner :thumbup::wink:

You know, using sarcasm in the internet is a risky thing. You might unintentionally end up looking like a complete retard if you don't make it clear that you're joking or being snarky. Just saying. :tongue:

You know, using sarcasm in the internet is a risky thing. You might unintentionally end up looking like a complete retard if you don't make it clear that you're joking or being snarky. Just saying. :tongue:

who or what is a retard :tongue:

I get your point :thumbup:

Oh, thank you so much! I was hoping this would happen. Thank you, ImperialShadows and the Admins! :thumbup::sweet:

~Peace

i am a GFOL (geriatric fan of Lego)....

i am insulted by the mere presence of TFOL's, here on EB, let alone their damn "cutesy" Sig's.....

To state "i think i am mature for...(insert age here)..." - is possibly one of the most immature statements a person can make.

Make a TFOL forum for Lego culture (away from EB etc.) if it is so important to laud your status so proudly.

And as you all know, their is always FlickR, totally populated with, and friendly toward, the TFOL.....

Please stop murking-up the waters here on EB.....

You know, I've found that the internet is the safest place to be sarcastic. :tongue:

Then again, maybe my friends just don't enjoy my sarcasm... :sceptic:

who or what is a retard :tongue:

I get your point :thumbup:

Funniest thing I've read on Eurobricks, I think.

i am a GFOL (geriatric fan of Lego)....

i am insulted by the mere presence of TFOL's, here on EB, let alone their damn "cutesy" Sig's.....

To state "i think i am mature for...(insert age here)..." - is possibly one of the most immature statements a person can make.

Make a TFOL forum for Lego culture (away from EB etc.) if it is so important to laud your status so proudly.

And as you all know, their is always FlickR, totally populated with, and friendly toward, the TFOL.....

Please stop murking-up the waters here on EB.....

What happened to the "friendly reminder" aspect? :wacko:

To say you are insulted by "the mere presence of TFOL's" I find very insulting and ignorant. TFOL's do not all have "cutesy sigs", and I also find that very insulting. Also, you cannot judge someone merely by their age. Most TFOL's make amazing MOC"s. I feel I am very mature. I strive to make positive comments on people's work and try to give some constructive critisism, too. Surely, you remember my comments here.

Also, it has been shown in this topic that we TFOL's are mature enough to take out the "damn cutesy sigs" as asked by the staff.

We obviously didn't find it that important to make a fuss about it, and followed through with what was asked of us. We are not murking up the waters of EB, in fact, considering the amount of us, I feel we are helping our community grow and flourish.

I would just like you to know, hamilton, that I am deeply insulted by your comments and I'm sure that my fellow TFOL's will stand behind me here.

If I have misunderstood anything you have said, I apologize. However, I do not apologize for my age, as I believe that age does not matter here, for we TFOL's have made the decision to join a mature community and are expected to act maturely. By saying what you have, I now see you as an immature person for being so judgemental when you really have no reason to be.

I realize you are entitled tor own opinion on the matter, but I think this one was better off kept to yourself.

I feel I have made a very mature statement here.

DSR

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

- i am old & grumpy....

- i am not judging anybody, just supporting the fact that 'teens' do not belong in an 'adult' discussion group.

- i think that clowns and creampies kind of fall into the 'cutesy' category, personal opinion really.

- i am aware of the 'talent' of many TFOLs, i admire their work on FlickR daily.

- i made on claims of maturity, i may be an adult but i am by no means 'mature' ( i play with Lego, a children's toy).

- i do not understand how the presence of numerous teens contributes to EB, quantity does not equal quality.

- The purpose of Forums is for individuals to express their personal opinion about a given subject, you seem a little oversensitive to comment, i suggest you develop a 'thicker skin' before continuing to enter into communal discussion.

- i am very happy for you that you are confident in your 'maturity'......

- i am old & grumpy....

- i am not judging anybody, just supporting the fact that 'teens' do not belong in an 'adult' discussion group.

- i think that clowns and creampies kind of fall into the 'cutesy' category, personal opinion really.

- i am aware of the 'talent' of many TFOLs, i admire their work on FlickR daily.

- i made no claims of maturity, i may be an adult but i am by no means 'mature' ( i play with Lego, a children's toy).

- i do not understand how the presence of numerous teens contributes to EB, quantity does not equal quality.

- The purpose of Forums is for individuals to express their personal opinion about a given subject, you seem a little oversensitive to comment, i suggest you develop a 'thicker skin' before continuing to enter into communal discussion.

- i am very happy for you that you are confident in your 'maturity'......

Edited by hamilton

hamilton, I felt a bit offended at your post before, but now you've cleared things up... :wink:

- i am old & grumpy....

:laugh:

Maybe, maybe not. It depends - I know many young teenagers who act just like adults anyway, but for others it may not be so suitable.

Also, as I had said before, 18 and 19 year olds are teens and adults, so what about that? :tongue:

Is that sarcasm, it doesn't quite go with your previous post?

- i made no claims of maturity, i may be an adult but i am by no means 'mature' ( i play with Lego, a children's toy)

I agree - I don't think I would ever call myself mature, or anyone else who plays with Lego. I am more sensible (despite being very jokey) and polite than a lot of other people, but 'mature' I am not. :yoda:

I think the same - there are hundreds of members on EB, but many have been banned and act irresponsibly.

Edited by Shoc

1- i am old & grumpy....

2- i am not judging anybody, just supporting the fact that 'teens' do not belong in an 'adult' discussion group.

3- i think that clowns and creampies kind of fall into the 'cutesy' category, personal opinion really.

4- i am aware of the 'talent' of many TFOLs, i admire their work on FlickR daily.

5- i made no claims of maturity, i may be an adult but i am by no means 'mature' ( i play with Lego, a children's toy).

6- i do not understand how the presence of numerous teens contributes to EB, quantity does not equal quality.

7- The purpose of Forums is for individuals to express their personal opinion about a given subject, you seem a little oversensitive to comment, i suggest you develop a 'thicker skin' before continuing to enter into communal discussion.

8- i am very happy for you that you are confident in your 'maturity'......

1. I assumed that considering you called yourself a "geriatric fan of lego"... It does explain a lot of the post though.

2. Okay, that I can understand. But if no one had said they were TFOL's, would you ever know the difference?

3. Okay, I understand that too. It was quite unnessasary.(on a related note, I never put that in my sig, even though I did find it funny.)

4. Umm, "talent"? Is this sarcasm? :sceptic: You sure use a lot of quotes when you post...

5. :wacko: I thought the whole point of your post was to say that TFOL's weren't mature enough to be here, maybe I misunderstood?

6. I didn't mean our quantity meant we made EB better. I meant a lot of TFOL work contributes to the site. I agree, we do get a lot of teens and preteens that come on here and muck up the site with l33t t4lk and other things. I am just as annoyed by them as you are, belive me. :hmpf_bad:

7. Wow. You must not know me at all. I know the point of the forums, why do you think I even joined? :hmpf_bad: Also, the forums are for sharing MOC's.

I was only sensitive to your comments because they were directly aimed at my age group, therefore I found it insulting. I have a very thick skin, by the way, I don't need to develop it anymore.

8. What is with you and these quote marks? :hmpf: I am very confident in my maturity, thank you. I could have just as easily said something like this:

Hey hamilton, your an a__hole. Go jump off a cliff.

However, that would have been innapropriate, rude, and immature. Instead, I voiced my opinion in a mature matter and I am very pleased with what I have said here. I still feel I have responded in a mature way, and stand by that.

Again, If I have misunderstood anything you have said so far, please say so.

DSR

PS: you double posted, hamilton.

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

But I love my animated GIF :cry_sad:

oh well, I'll take it away :classic:

Adult is presumed 18 years and older... In some parts of the world thats 21 and in earlier times (Antiquity) people were adult around 14 years and older (Romeo and Juliet were young teens aswell)

Anyway, I joined Eurobricks because it's the first place where news appears. The EB community is a very friendly and amusing community, as I enjoyed the original ideas such as a "whacking contest" etc.

I hope I have contributed to this community, and shall continue with my efforts. (Such as the Roman mafia game, although I'll wait until one of the history forum's other games is over.)

Tanotrooper

EDIT: just saw that Hinckley removed it :blush:

Edited by Tanotrooper

But I love my animated GIF :cry_sad:

Tanotrooper

Don't worry Tanotrooper, we all loved it. Just not in people's sigs.

Also, you have contributed plenty. Don't worry about that. :wink:

DSR