Yes, and if you think about MOC's ... that MODULE idea is not bad. M y goal is to put minifigures seats inside LEGO Technic space sets. Then take modules and try to include them. In my space BASE the main vehicle is that giant Tecnic spaceship. 

I also like how tyres work in rover. Minifigure accesories looked great. If we have money to buy all those sets - we get a lot. Also for MOC's and so on. Amazing! stuff...

That video was painful to watch until I muted it. Then it was excellent.

Well done to the set designers, the shapes & functions are very good. The modularity is a great feature, the minifigs are fairly good... only really one thing needed to change: either the windscreens or the white bricks should've been a bright colour. Then it would've been a proper Space theme (and they could drop the City label).

It's like Galaxy Squad meets Space Police 3, but City-fied.

As it is, I will go for most of these regardless. But I wonder if anyone has any practical suggestions for improving the colour scheme of these sets?

29 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

But I wonder if anyone has any practical suggestions for improving the colour scheme of these sets?

I have some ideas for color swaps I'd like to make, but the options are mostly limited by availability of windscreen colors. The only other color for the windscreen on the Interstellar Spaceship is transparent yellow, so a Classic Space or Blacktron I recolor should be pretty easy for that one. (Or a whole new faction of your own design!) I'd personally prefer purple, which has been made for the shorter, more rounded cockpit, but only in a couple Ninjago sets from over a decade ago.

And I don't know what kind of aesthetic you would go for, but I personally think you could make them more fantastical/vibrant just by changing the black and sand blue but leaving the white as is. Maybe color-coding the vehicles to match the spacesuits, à la Galaxy Squad?

3 hours ago, legoturtle said:

What is that windscreen and screen colour? It looks a bit black BUT somehow I see also blue there? What is going on...

It's the new Trans Black from this year (which is largely replacing the old Trans Brown). It's a very neat-looking color, IMO—which is part of why I don't feel like the windscreen colors of these new sets are a negative.

EDIT (so as not to double post): Anyway, I've been looking at some of these sets (and building rough mock-ups on Stud.io) and I'm feeling more and more tempted to pick some of these up. I'm normally not much of a City buyer, but these sets are really well put together and the unique figure designs (including faction/squad leaders) really make this feel like a true space theme.

Not sure which sets I'll aim for first if I do get some of these—the sets with the various "squad captains" (the dark blue, dark green, and dark orange uniforms with unique face prints) would probably be my highest priority. But the smaller rover doesn't have any of those figs yet I REALLY like how that's put together, so I might add that to my list as well.

Edited by Lyichir

12 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

What actually surprised me most is, the way you can use the ground bases spaceship to actually carry all the containers.

I also think that it can be attached to the centre of the station (where the botany module is in the video) to turn the station into a ship! 

10 hours ago, Artanis I said:

only really one thing needed to change: either the windscreens or the white bricks should've been a bright colour. Then it would've been a proper Space theme (and they could drop the City label).

I think that trans-orange would look good for the canopies (though many are not available in that colour 🫤). 

10 hours ago, Artanis I said:

It's like Galaxy Squad meets Space Police 3, but City-fied.

I am not really seeing the SP3 influence, but Galaxy Squad and Mars Mission feel like definite influences! 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I also think that it can be attached to the centre of the station (where the botany module is in the video) to turn the station into a ship! 

I actually don´t think so - the modules fit into the space between the shuttles wings, and the station clearly doesn´t. It should be possible however to just dock it on other modules of the station.

Just now, Black Falcon said:

I actually don´t think so - the modules fit into the space between the shuttles wings, and the station clearly doesn´t. It should be possible however to just dock it on other modules of the station.

If a module is already attached to the shuttle, it should have no problem docking with the station. 

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

If a module is already attached to the shuttle, it should have no problem docking with the station. 

Yeah, right. I think it is getting to late, lol. 

On 12/23/2023 at 12:36 AM, legoturtle said:

2_897103-3500x3500.jpegHave you noticed this image...? If you put that FOOD-module on top. It will leave space for 1 more module. I think space station looks a lot more interesting that way.

I don't speak for anyone else, but I actually kinda like the way that set builds. It builds section by section like the Downtown and Apartment Building sets. 

11 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

I don't speak for anyone else, but I actually kinda like the way that set builds. It builds section by section like the Downtown and Apartment Building sets. 

City sets are generally pretty great at segmenting their builds, including often having multiple instruction booklets so multiple builders can work on different sections simultaneously. It's an understated aspect of the theme that, combined with the generally simple builds/lower age grades, helps make them really nice for families to build together.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

City sets are generally pretty great at segmenting their builds, including often having multiple instruction booklets so multiple builders can work on different sections simultaneously. It's an understated aspect of the theme that, combined with the generally simple builds/lower age grades, helps make them really nice for families to build together.

Yeah! Its obvious that Lego is trying to do a more family-oriented type of setting for the City theme. That includes making the sets to where families can build them together. To keep it on topic, the space station set only proves that even more. I may not have plans to get the set, but that doesn't mean that other people don't. I hope whoever buys the set enjoys it. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

On 12/25/2023 at 9:02 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am not really seeing the SP3 influence, but Galaxy Squad and Mars Mission feel like definite influences!

Just the police faction. Regarding the modules, the homeliness (for want of a better description) of the base, and the plain colours (not that that is unique, just a contributing factor). The way it kinda feels closer to home than older themes, but not Earth-based.

Maybe not as heavy a resemblance as those other subthemes

On 12/24/2023 at 3:15 AM, Artanis I said:

As it is, I will go for most of these regardless. But I wonder if anyone has any practical suggestions for improving the colour scheme of these sets?

You could create a Space Police jail out of Modular Space Station (60433). Each pod would be a jail cell. Shouldn't be too difficult to replace those colours.

16 hours ago, playgood said:

You could create a Space Police jail out of Modular Space Station (60433). Each pod would be a jail cell. Shouldn't be too difficult to replace those colours.

It might be at least a little tricky to replace the colors without substantially changing the build since the curved panels used for the "roofs" of each pod are new and so far only come in trans clear, trans black, and white. I guess the latter would work for Space Police 3 but you'd lose out on the appeal of vibrant transparent colors a little, at least until those new panels become available in more colors.

What are the chances that Lego  will have a Minifigs set with this City Space series. I would like to army build with theses.( excluding the Gold Admiral)

If you collect all the sets you get a lot of minifigures. ALSO some of the sets are super cheap so it is possible to buy 2-3 of them. This subtheme will be something we have never seen before. If it is popular, I believe we will get a SPACE-theme, OWN space-theme.

3 hours ago, Mondo-TRON said:

What are the chances that Lego  will have a Minifigs set with this City Space series. I would like to army build with theses.( excluding the Gold Admiral)

Not likely, since those “Fun at the ___” packs are long gone; your best bet would be to just buy the Minifig parts on PaB. 

10 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Not likely, since those “Fun at the ___” packs are long gone; your best bet would be to just buy the Minifig parts on PaB. 

oh you are talking about the people packs! Yeah it’s pretty unlikely but I think the space-themed battle pack is coole!

Quite GOOD video about LEGO space... I am starting to belive that we might get even own Space theme. There is lot of love <3 in this faction...

(also LEGO CITY/Space 2022 and 2024 are related)

Edited by legoturtle

I wonder if the rumoured black spaceship set is in fact a Space Police one if the alternate heads included are a bunch of different alien ones to try avoid the jokes/backlash about Space Police 3 portraying a xenophobic future 

13 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I wonder if the rumoured black spaceship set is in fact a Space Police one if the alternate heads included are a bunch of different alien ones to try avoid the jokes/backlash about Space Police 3 portraying a xenophobic future 

Maybe, but I am not sure that I see LEGO making a bunch of single-use alien heads for a set just to avoid some jokes. Additionally, having two Human SP1 officers (or a Human SP1 and a Human Blacktron I agent) would not suggest any xenophobia; that only makes sense for SP3, where all of the cops are Human and all of the criminals are aliens. 

Well I've so far built a few of the new City Space sets.

The Space Construction Mech is pretty great apart from the stickers. Stickers in a small $10 set are pretty aggravating, especially when there are danger stripe stickers on a 1x4 tile that could have been printed and reused. The prints you do get are great though.

The Intersteller Spaceship is flawless. $20 for 240 pieces, a great design with a cool gimmick, and no stickers? Can't really beat that these days.

The 4+ Spaceship and Asteroid Discovery is what it is; nothing to amaze an AFOL but no complaints either. You get nice prints and minifigs.