Marius2002

[MOC] Venator Star Destroyer

Hello. I'm back with yet another MOC. This time the Venator Star Destroyer. With my MOCs I try to have as much detail as possible while also have it be relatively small in size. I think the Venator turned out pretty good, but I am open to criticism, and want to hear what you think of it. I really enjoy making MOCs in this "midi-scale" (I don't know if midi-scale is the right term), and I would love to hear if you have any ideas for star wars vehicles that would fit this scale. I am currently also working on a Republic Cruiser and the Ghost in the same scale. Thank you so much for your time!

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-155371/Marius2002/venator/#details

Untitled-4.png

IMG2.pngUntitled-2.png

IMG3.pngUntitled-1.png

IMG1.pngUntitled-3.png

IMG9.png

Edited by Marius2002

Looks fantastic! Probably my favorite one of yours so far. Capital ships are always so cool in this scale.

Edited by Monkeyulize

Fantastic stuff!
...and way to make a splash in the forums!  You have a great eye for scale and proportion with this trio of MOCs.  I'm partial to capital ships, so your Venator is by far my favorite of the three - especially that wide shot of the side view - WOW!  As mentioned above, there seems to be an affinity for capital ships done in a 'midi' scale, as evidenced by the initial high demand for 75356 (from my observations, at least).  I must say I was hovering above the 'Buy MOC Instructions' button twice today!  I'll probably build this one eventually - perhaps include it in a forced perspective display with the Vigilance.

Thanks for posting these!

This is a magnificent Venator MOC! Wow. You've perfectly captured the proportions, and it looks so sleek! 

Since you asked...have you considered a Tantive IV or Imperial Shuttle in this midi scale? 

19 minutes ago, FlyInSpace said:

Hmmm... a lot of the design features on that Venator look really, really familiar... :innocent2:

Yes, your Venator model was a great inspiration for this one. I always go and research already existing lego models to draw inspiration from, and of course when I did research for the Venator, yours showed up. Inspiration from a couple building techniques was taken (the red hangar doors are built in a similar manner, and how the panels are connected with a hinge-plate), but nothing was straight up copied. I think your Venator model The Negotiator is the best Venator model out there so of course am I gonna take inspiration and learn from the best. I apologize if I offended you in any way by not mentioning your name in the page. I can update the page to include your model as an inspiration if you so wish.

18 hours ago, Marius2002 said:

Yes, your Venator model was a great inspiration for this one. I always go and research already existing lego models to draw inspiration from, and of course when I did research for the Venator, yours showed up. Inspiration from a couple building techniques was taken (the red hangar doors are built in a similar manner, and how the panels are connected with a hinge-plate), but nothing was straight up copied. I think your Venator model The Negotiator is the best Venator model out there so of course am I gonna take inspiration and learn from the best. I apologize if I offended you in any way by not mentioning your name in the page. I can update the page to include your model as an inspiration if you so wish.

I think that's just the nature of the wedge shaped ships in LEGO format in general, can't really go around "copying" or arriving at the same techniques. Though def looks like you did your own thing, great job!

No worries man! It was just me being a tad sarcastic, didn't mean to sound offended or anything, it rather flatters me to know my designs can inspire other people :) 

@khatmorg its not just the wedge shape in this case :pir_tong2: 

I like this so much more than the Venator that Lego is releasing - so much more.

I know it's not yet built, but any sense of how robust or not it would be?

Also, did you take it down off Rebrickable? I don't see it on your page (and the link at the top is dead).

Kdapt is working on one as well - still designing but def interesting. (jump to last 2 pages or so)

Edited by Kage Goomba

17 hours ago, LordsofMedieval said:

I like this so much more than the Venator that Lego is releasing - so much more.

I know it's not yet built, but any sense of how robust or not it would be?

Also, did you take it down off Rebrickable? I don't see it on your page (and the link at the top is dead).

Yes, I took it down off rebrickable. I got some feedback from people that built it that it had a few issues that need fixing. So I have to build it myself first, to figure out what exactly the issue is. I will then put it back up on rebrickable once the issue is fixed. I can't fix the issue straight away, I could manage to fix the issue in a year from now at the earliest.

If anyone reading this have the parts laying around and wants to help make this Venator please comment, but only if you got the parts laying around. Thank you    

On 9/15/2023 at 8:11 PM, Marius2002 said:

Yes, I took it down off rebrickable. I got some feedback from people that built it that it had a few issues that need fixing. So I have to build it myself first, to figure out what exactly the issue is. I will then put it back up on rebrickable once the issue is fixed. I can't fix the issue straight away, I could manage to fix the issue in a year from now at the earliest.

If anyone reading this have the parts laying around and wants to help make this Venator please comment, but only if you got the parts laying around. Thank you    

I have a decent amount of pieces laying around and would be pleased to help making it.

It’s very nice but I wished to be a bit thicker to be more accurate

otherwise the size is perfect, the UCS one being too long and too big to be displayed

This is a tremendous solution for those in need of a smaller collection. You've packed so much detail than I could have imagined in such small packages.