Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 25. Rumors and discussion

On 8/12/2023 at 2:03 PM, Lion King said:

Oh I like that Western-themed CMF Series. It can be mixed with cowboys, bandits, sheriffs, Native Americans, and citizens. 

I would love ot see a Western lady robot’s hairpiece (from The Lego Movie Series) reappear in a new color! Same for Willie’s Raccon-tail hat.

Oh "Western" as a theme will never happen. I can't imagine any of the First Nations being quiet about Cultural appropriation. Same goes for the Islanders theme. 

In theory these being in boxes won't be as bad. Still bad but slightly less so. Extras on these can easily "modded" into a new fig by switching heads. Where as the IP based ones one is all most people want. 

Edited by Capybara554321
Fix grammar

53 minutes ago, SamVimes said:

Oh "Western" as a theme will never happen. I can't imagine any of the First Nations being quiet about Cultural appropriation. Same goes for the Islanders theme. 

Okay, let’s see… We have Tribal Chief, Tribal Warrior, Tribal Hunter, and this female tribal with baby in the past CMF Series. And one Islander minifigure so far. But I get why it’s an issue with cultural apperications and Lego is trying to avoid that, which hat’s understandable. Maybe, no Native American minfigure then, I guess. But I still would love to see a Western-themed CMF series, such as sheriff, bandit, barber, bad iti’s henchman, train conductor, etc. etc. that would be easier for us to use for MOCs. 

Edited by Lion King

3 hours ago, SamVimes said:

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

Okay, let’s see… We have Tribal Chief, Tribal Warrior, Tribal Hunter, and this female tribal with baby in the past CMF Series. And one Islander minifigure so far. But I get why it’s an issue with cultural apperications and Lego is trying to avoid that, which hat’s understandable. Maybe, no Native American minfigure then, I guess. But I still would love to see a Western-themed CMF series, such as sheriff, bandit, barber, bad iti’s henchman, train conductor, etc. etc. that would be easier for us to use for MOCs. 

Would have to agree that the 'Western' theme is most likely a no-go for Lego. I would really love it though!

I think the other controversy is that Western-themed movie where someone got shot. I really wanted that Western-themed BL Designer program MOC that they pushed back then kinda 'lost' votes.

10 hours ago, Lion King said:

So series 1,3,15 and 11 for the Islander, so 2015 at the latest....and Western as a theme is always a bit.....😬 not exactly a great time in human history, given the whole slavery, active genocide and early germ warfare of the period. 

So series 1,3,15 and 11 for the Islander, so 2015 at the latest....and Western as a theme is always a bit.....😬 not exactly a great time in human history, given the whole slavery, active genocide and early germ warfare of the period. 

Cool, I know you love voicing your negative opinions

i NEVER mentioend slaves in my suggestion. I never said “theme”, just CMF.  It’s just cool to have sheriff chasing bandit minifigure. Just Western citizens i suggested in my previous post.  Maybe I should describe citizens “civilian” like barber, dance performer, gold rush mine, etc..

Edited by Lion King

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

Cool, I know you love voicing your negative opinions

i NEVER mentioend slaves in my suggestion. I never said “theme”, just CMF.  It’s just cool to have sheriff chasing bandit minifigure. Just Western citizens i suggested in my previous post.  Maybe I should describe citizens “civilian” like barber, dance performer, gold rush mine, etc..

Yeah, and? You enjoy clamoring for "cowboys and indians" While ignoring progression. Oh and Islanders? After the Bionicle lawsuit "The Lego company will seek to develop a code of conduct for cultural expressions of traditional knowledge." I wouldn't hold your breath.

You can't have historical-type characters, without acknowledging the time they existed in. And that's a PR nightmare TLG don't want. 

You can't have historical-type characters, without acknowledging the time they existed in. And that's a PR nightmare TLG don't want. 

Lego made a Pocahontas minifigure and minidoll as a part of the Disney100 line, and I haven't seen any kind of a "PR nightmare." Sure, a few isolated voiced have said some things, but those have been a minority.

(Continued thoughts, but this is getting off topic:)

Spoiler

Now, there are definitely some lines Lego won't cross again. Set #215 "Red Indians" is a relic of it's time, and has no need to come back. I'll even give a pass to the older Western/Islander series. I doubt European toymakers in the 90's meant any kind of offense with these characters, and, in some of the promotional material for the sets, they are even seen as the "good guys" (the Islanders and King Kahuka are on the Pirates team for Lego Battles, as one example). Heck, the sets show the "Cowboys" and "Indians" as separate groups - there are no singular sets that show them in direct conflict with each other. Now, is it particularly nuanced? Not really. Are there still some issues with those older sets, and those character's depictions? Yes. (King Kahuka saying "I will beat you like tribal drum" in Lego Racers is one example.) But It's not like I'm going to chuck all of my Castle sets into a garbage because most of the population were dirt-poor peasants who lived hand-to-mouth and were often brutalized by their overseers. I can still enjoy an romanticized "Wild West" theme and minifigures, as I do with Castle, even though some awful things happened back then. Even if you take out the Native Americans, I still think that "Western" sets can exist in isolation from Native Americans - again, just like the old sets did.

Anyways, back on topic... Will anyone be making a guessing thread? I've got a few guesses I'd like to get out before this next series starts leaking!

1 hour ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Anways,  back on topic... Will anyone be making a guessing thread? I've got a few guesses I'd like to get out before this next series starts leaking!

I support this guessing thread. I have been waiting so i want to share some of my guesses!

It doesn’t looks like Itaria has responded to a bat-signal, @Robert8.

11 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Lego made a Pocahontas minifigure and minidoll as a part of the Disney100 line, and I haven't seen any kind of a "PR nightmare." Sure, a few isolated voiced have said some things, but those have been a minority.

(Continued thoughts, but this is 

Spoiler

getting off topic:)

Reveal hidden contents

Now, there are definitely some lines Lego won't cross again. Set #215 "Red Indians" is a relic of it's time, and has no need to come back. I'll even give a pass to the older Western/Islander series. I doubt European toymakers in the 90's meant any kind of offense with these characters, and, in some of the promotional material for the sets, they are even seen as the "good guys" (the Islanders and King Kahuka are on the Pirates team for Lego Battles, as one example). Heck, the sets show the "Cowboys" and "Indians" as separate groups - there are no singular sets that show them in direct conflict with each other. Now, is it particularly nuanced? Not really. Are there still some issues with those older sets, and those character's depictions? Yes. (King Kahuka saying "I will beat you like tribal drum" in Lego Racers is one example.) But It's not like I'm going to chuck all of my Castle sets into a garbage because most of the population were dirt-poor peasants who lived hand-to-mouth and were often brutalized by their overseers. I can still enjoy an romanticized "Wild West" theme and minifigures, as I do with Castle, even though some awful things happened back then. Even if you take out the Native Americans, I still think that "Western" sets can exist in isolation from Native Americans - again, just like the old sets did.

Anyways, back on topic... Will anyone be making a guessing thread? I've got a few guesses I'd like to get out before this next series starts leaking!

That is a Disney IP and given that it's held up as a prominent example of how not to rewrite history nearly 20 years later? Little different from a renowned European toy maker making cowboys and Indians.

Also it did have a magical tree and a sentient racoon in it. 

Spoiler

Also castle has nothing contemporary in it. Not a great time to live but given that a civil war took place, castles were torn down and life improved (historically at least) and that Castle has the knights fighting and evil witch and dragons, o think we can chalk that up to fantasy...

Which being said, let's get some more fantasy stuff, the moon Guardian and the Orc were awesome, sticking figs let's have more of that type of design!

I guess I went ahead and created a new thread for a guessing game.

Itaria, I hope you don’t mind it!

So drop yoru guesses there! :)

Edited by Lion King

On 9/11/2023 at 4:49 PM, Lion King said:

I support this guessing thread. I have been waiting so i want to share some of my guesses!

It doesn’t looks like Itaria has responded to a bat-signal, @Robert8.

I guess he didn't

I think he is busy at the moment :)

Thanks for posting the Guessing Game yourself

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I guess he didn't

I think he is busy at the moment :)

Thanks for posting the Guessing Game yourself

No problem! :)

I saw a video from just2good about a full box of 12 complete minifigures is being sold in Denmark for Marvel series 2. The box art look great and the fact that you get a complete set without having to get multiples is good. She thinks that ot could be like a trual program to see how it works out. My walmart has so many open boxes of Marvel series 2, it's a shame.

I wouldn't mind if LEGO actually started selling the minifigure series in a full box set with the complete minifigures like that. Would anybody else mind?

On 9/15/2023 at 8:21 PM, BrickFit26 said:

I saw a video from just2good about a full box of 12 complete minifigures is being sold in Denmark for Marvel series 2. The box art look great and the fact that you get a complete set without having to get multiples is good. She thinks that ot could be like a trual program to see how it works out. My walmart has so many open boxes of Marvel series 2, it's a shame.

I wouldn't mind if LEGO actually started selling the minifigure series in a full box set with the complete minifigures like that. Would anybody else mind?

I don’t mind that 

On 9/16/2023 at 2:21 AM, BrickFit26 said:

If they do that , I'd actually buy them, not with the current system (no matter bags or boxes, I never have seen them in local stores in the first place,  and going the route of random 1, 6 , full box of 36, or secondary market is just no-go for me)

I think a lot would benefit from LEGO selling a full set directly, especially in these times, with physical toy stores on a big decline, I think being able to buy a complete set, even if it's exclusive to LEGO.com, would help a lot of countries.

Edited by TeriXeri

39 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

If they do that , I'd actually buy them, not with the current system (no matter bags or boxes, I never have seen them in local stores in the first place,  and going the route of random 1, 6 , full box of 36, or secondary market is just no-go for me)

I think a lot would benefit from LEGO selling a full set directly, especially in these times, with physical toy stores on a big decline, I think being able to buy a complete set, even if it's exclusive to LEGO.com, would help a lot of countries.

Prior to the blind boxes, I love buying 6-Pack set that six minfigures were not duplicted in the single box. I would love to buy the complete box without duplications. 

I will be more interested in this complete set. 

Edited by Lion King
typo

4 hours ago, Lion King said:

I don’t mind that 

Same. The new boxes is too out of control and people can't help themselves when they see them in store and destroy them.

4 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I think so too. The boxes aren't just working.

1 minute ago, BrickFit26 said:

Same. The new boxes is too out of control and people can't help themselves when they see them in store and destroy them.

Those people are like he beasts at the stores. Unacceptable. I mean  I understand boxes are ompetely unpopular but still. 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Doesn't that defy the whole point of the mystery bags/boxes?

It would. But wouldn't it help LEGO? Doesn't LEGO lose money and inventory when people just destroy the boxes and take or leave the minifigures they want or don't want?nand with the destroyed leftovers, what does the store do with them? I've seen my local Walmart tape up some of the mario character boxes and sell them for cheap, but sometimes accessories are missing.

Did you see just2good’s IG story last Friday? In that story, it had a pic of Kai from Ninjago Movie CMF and the caption said “people are not ready for drop” or something like that.

I wonder what it meant. 

EDiT: it wil NOT be a Ninjago CMF - just2good clarified tha it’s not meant to be a hint for Ninjago CMF. So the third series of 2024 remains unknown then. 

Edited by Lion King

I enjoyed a lot of the figures from series 24, so I’m hoping for more of the same this time around. Mostly for the fact that duplicates will be inevitable since I can’t feel through the new packaging, and I won’t be upset with multiples if they’re good enough. 

My first experience with the boxes is likely better than some. I came across a mostly full box of Marvel figures at Barnes and Noble. Using the unique codes on the bottom, I picked 12 figures and got 11 out of 12 with only one duplicate. Went back the next day and made another lucky guess to get the last figure I needed for completion. I know I won’t be that fortunate in future series… the codes only seem to help with fresh boxes. Since you know there’s three of each to a box, they can be sorted out by codes, which in my experience allowed me the best chance to get a variety of figures. But it’s unfortunately not a sure thing… 

On 9/17/2023 at 10:05 PM, Robert8 said:

Doesn't that defy the whole point of the mystery bags/boxes?

Yes and no. If they sold 12 boxes in a bigger box, then stores could sell 12 sets at once for those wanting a complete set or they could sell individual boxes from opened outer boxes. I don't think people really collect these like they used to when they were fairly cheap to buy both in store and on the secondary market. Instead of buying individual packets and slowly building the set, these days it is buy the lot in one go and you are finished.

This is part of the reason I stopped collecting. The 'chase' to complete a set or get multiples of individuals I liked by trading was part of the fun. That rarely happens now.