Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2024

Harbour and some Construction sets were on my prediction list, and it's nice to see it actually happen.
Also the last City magazine comic had a big yellow crane, so maybe it'll look a bit like that , with those X shaped latticework panels, 6 wide, or those 2x2 pillars. (also interestingly had a Knight Statue that was being moved/destroyed, so I wonder if that's in the set for a crane to move)

1 hour ago, brimbolet said:

And still no cement mixer mentioned... must be a conspiracy of some sort. :wink:

Next City magazine has a cement mixer , but that's like meant to be moved by minifigs, so pretty much wheelbarrow sized.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

It’ll be interesting how the excavator will look, I wonder if it will have tracks 

I do hope the excavator has tracks too, as a tracked vehicle can be useful to change into other things like bulldozer etc

If not tracked, I'll probably get the 2024 small technic yellow bulldozer set which comes with 48x tracks, or the 2023 technic 42148: Snow Groomer with 56x tracks, which can be used as bases for minifig scaled brick vehicles.

It's also interesting , at least in my country, 3 City magazines recently all have construction minifigs (my country only gets 6 City magazines per year now instead of all), so it's still one of the popular subjects , in fact, it's how I got most of my recent red helmet construction workers lately.  

I tend to skip 4+ construction sets, so if I find those magazines I usually pick em up.

952305-1.jpg?202305060729952310-1.jpg?202310010428952401-1.jpg?202312291034

Next magazine here has a hand held cement mixer so that's another construction mini set.

And 2022 had this roller with a genius build : 

952210-1.jpg?202210031127

Those mini sets remind me a lot of the Town days and as such I don't mind the builds being smaller and simpler at all, even tho overall the boxed sets offer more value most of the time ( but I don't like 60391: Construction Trucks and Wrecking Ball Crane )

Edited by TeriXeri

13 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

Question: If I remember correctly, last year weren't there a couple sets that weren't included in the first round of leaks, like the Arctic Explorer Truck & Mobile Lab?

Could we be in store for some as-of-yet-unannounced extra City summer sets?

There always are gaps in the initial leaks, so yes, we are likely to get more 2HY City sets. 

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Most likely, I guess/hope for another jungle set at least :wink:

Same! 

On 1/16/2024 at 1:30 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Jungle and construction seem to be the main subthemes, with some transportation as well. 
I am really looking forward to the red panda! 

Can you say if we are getting more than one space set in 2HY, and if so, what might they be? 

I am curious about that; I am keeping expectations low, but I hope that we at least get a new colour of classic Spyrius/Exploriens droid head. 

If it does have a Spyrius droid head( or any kind of  droid mini-figure ) and the  set's color scheme is any combination of white, black, sand blue, reddish orange, or gold, I might repurpose it as a space rail transport for the 2024 sets; similar to what was  found in Beta-1 Command Base or Deep Space Rocket & Launch Control from '19.

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Harbour and some Construction sets were on my prediction list, and it's nice to see it actually happen.
Also the last City magazine comic had a big yellow crane, so maybe it'll look a bit like that , with those X shaped latticework panels, 6 wide, or those 2x2 pillars. (also interestingly had a Knight Statue that was being moved/destroyed, so I wonder if that's in the set for a crane to move)

Yeah it looks like you've won the bet! You get bragging rights for that one. :wink:

I never even predicted harbor or construction would be a thing in City like that ever again. Also, my wish has partly come true for some emphasis on the public transit system with the tram and tourist bus. I'm just glad that this wave doesn't seem to promote one thing over the over. Its like they're co-existing with each other. I may look at some of the jungle sets, but given that we've seen loads of explorers sets before, they just don't stand out to me like they used to. 

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Those mini sets remind me a lot of the Town days and as such I don't mind the builds being smaller and simpler at all, even tho overall the boxed sets offer more value most of the time ( but I don't like 60391: Construction Trucks and Wrecking Ball Crane )

Very true! Sadly, I don't think we get the foil packs in the states. If that were the case, I'd be getting them left and right. It would be nice for some nostalgia to have a small construction crew built up of small construction machines. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

Does anyone know if  LEGO® 60417 City : Police Speedboat and Crooks' Hideout is really exclusive? A toy section in a reputed shopping mall nearby claims that this set is exclusive there.

2 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Does anyone know if  LEGO® 60417 City : Police Speedboat and Crooks' Hideout is really exclusive? A toy section in a reputed shopping mall nearby claims that this set is exclusive there.

no, its not exclusive, i saw one at local toy stlore, but its not as frequent as other sets(in toy stores)

11 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

Yeah it looks like you've won the bet! You get bragging rights for that one. :wink:

Wasn't meant to brag or anything, it just seemed fairly logical, with LEGO introducing this big Arctic ship recently, and the sailboat and shipping container hideout for 2024 kind of made it more interesting to see what would follow.

In fact, with the Police Boat from a while back, I already was thinking of some seaside police station would eventually arrive, probably as soon as 2022, but that didn't happen, but this year did get a Seaside Prison Island.

As for construction, I think it's an ongoing theme that gets regular vehicles, under Great Vehicles, or 4+ (or part of a Downtown Fire set in 2019 with the crane, and a Stuntz set did have a hint of wall demolition), but now it seems Fire has no Downtown set this time around, and the Mobile Crane just retired,  so there's room for a proper Construction Crane set, and an Excavator has not been done in a while either  (2015 and 2017 had one tho) .

Now the question will be if the crane will be something like a static 2006 style crane or a 2005/2009 style mobile crane.

I kind of hope for a Static Crane as it would fit in a "Town Plan" set better (bigger then the 2019 Crane), with some 8x8 modules to lift around,

But if it's a mobile crane I hope it's more something like 2015 sized, so not gigantic, but larger enough to lift at least some building sections, I mean, 2005 was called XXL and that actually was enormous. 

I hope the excavator is something like a modern version of "Digger" from nearly 20 years ago (mainly size wise, threads could use the technic parts, and perhaps a more detailed arm/bucket and more accesoires (like a jackhammer or hook option, even tho those could easily be modded as well)

7248-1.jpg?200709260319

Edited by TeriXeri

21 hours ago, Mondo-TRON said:

If it does have a Spyrius droid head( or any kind of  droid mini-figure ) and the  set's color scheme is any combination of white, black, sand blue, reddish orange, or gold, I might repurpose it as a space rail transport for the 2024 sets; similar to what was  found in Beta-1 Command Base or Deep Space Rocket & Launch Control from '19.

Personally, I'd rather not have a droid minifigure since I really love the quirky little brick-built robots in this space wave! So far there are three different blue ones, two yellow-orange ones, but only one green one, so since the green astronauts are scientists a lab set would be the perfect opportunity to fix that disparity.

Hello all,

Aren't you afraid that Jungle sets are too CHEAP? That would mean that we won't get at all Jungle Temple terrain like in 2017. It is very important to have a story and atmosphere around that. (IF sets are as good as Exploration (2023) I will buy all + doubles.)

On 1/14/2024 at 2:19 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

60439 Space Science Laboratory / $34.99 / June 2024 

More space!!! @danth
I hope that the science lab can attach to the main ground base. 

I would think so. It is a must since many of the other sets have the airlocks and being modular.

On 1/14/2024 at 2:54 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

Haha so glad to see exactly what I wanted, a mid range space base set! Can’t wait to see pics of that. Hopefully we see more to come! 

Im glad that there are  going to be more bases. It is not as expensive, so multiples could be bought.

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Personally, I'd rather not have a droid minifigure since I really love the quirky little brick-built robots in this space wave! 

@Mondo-TRON was talking about the robot world roller coaster, I believe. 

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Personally, I'd rather not have a droid minifigure since I really love the quirky little brick-built robots in this space wave! So far there are three different blue ones, two yellow-orange ones, but only one green one, so since the green astronauts are scientists a lab set would be the perfect opportunity to fix that disparity.

Yeah, I have a spare tile from the 2019 space set (lunar station), maybe I'll give one of those little robots the little face.

6287773.jpg

And there's a cheese slope with eyes as well from the 2022 City Mars Mission spacecraft set  (1+1 spare)

6402979.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

While I have noticed that City Fire and Police use trans-clear now for the windows of both buildings and vehicles, I have not realized it has not been since like the 1985 when it was the primary window color.

1985 Fire station was the last Fire station until 2024 , and now the Police Prison uses clear windows again as well , last seen in 1993 Police Station) , for vehicles, it changed pretty much since 1986 with a few exceptions like a 1988 fire car.

(and then a short period of trans-dark green police , followed by trans-brown police and fire)

Medical vehicles still use trans-light blue (exception for the GWP off-road vehicle last year), but I think it still fits with the color scheme of Teal and larger vibrant yellow parts.

I assume the main reason is the retirement of what was called trans-black before (or trans-brown), replaced by the darker(bluish) variant seen in the 2024 Space sets.

And there's still an option to have some undercover type of car with full black windscreen with the piece found in the road roller (4x5x1 sloped windscreen), or burger truck (1x6x3 rounded flat windscreen panel)

Undercover bus , or car : 

6468530.jpg6468137.jpg

LEGO actually has used full blackened windows for the passenger in Limo in 3222: Helicopter and Limousine but that was way back in 2010

4577217.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

17 hours ago, legolife said:

no, its not exclusive, i saw one at local toy stlore, but its not as frequent as other sets(in toy stores)

not attractive at all. Only 311pieces for $25

Edited by ks6349

10 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Hello all,

Aren't you afraid that Jungle sets are too CHEAP? That would mean that we won't get at all Jungle Temple terrain like in 2017. It is very important to have a story and atmosphere around that. (IF sets are as good as Exploration (2023) I will buy all + doubles.)

The last jungle wave was very vehicle heavy if they tone that down and focus more on the animals like the safari wave it should be no problem. In addition I hope/guess that the biggest set is a limited one like it was in both jungle and safari last time (that we do not know about yet):wink:

They have revealed all the animals - and there will be 4 Jungle sets.

By the way, I just bought second Interstellar spaceship and now I try make this MOC!

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Mondo-TRON said:

I would think so. It is a must since many of the other sets have the airlocks and being modular.

Im glad that there are  going to be more bases. It is not as expensive, so multiples could be bought.

I just hope this one has more than a single airlock. I really want to build some kind of modular complex, but both the City and Friends Mars stations are ‘endpoints’ with only one airlock to connect to other things. I’m dreaming of a large combined space base, but at this rate I’m going to need to MOC some kind of central hub to attach everything else to. 

3 hours ago, legoturtle said:

They have revealed all the animals

Definitely not :tongue:

3 hours ago, legoturtle said:

and there will be 4 Jungle sets

Time will show :wink:

60433_alt2.jpg

guys! you can use that Spaceship BASE central round structure also on land... and start from there. In the middle you start to build up. 

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Definitely not :tongue:

But they have told what animal comes in which sets?

1 minute ago, legoturtle said:

But they have told what animal comes in which sets?

Where? I have only seen some mention of a few animals, not how many or in which set they are in other than a couple of them..

well they have told everything... for example red panda, tiger, gorilla and so on... only 4 sets only 4 animals...

36 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

well they have told everything... for example red panda, tiger, gorilla and so on... only 4 sets only 4 animals...

Ok, so how many tigers and in which set? 

We can talk again when the official pictures are out 😅

Edited by Roebuck

6 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Ok, so how many tigers and in which set? 

We can talk again when the official pictures are out 😅

where can I place a bet on there being more than 4 animals? I do need the money.

4 different animals... and the tiger might be same than before. BUT why red Panda?

ouch... sorry! WAU!!! YES PLEASE :)

Spoiler

panda1200-1.jpg

Human activity is pushing red pandas towards extinction :/

Edited by legoturtle