I think I can finally say that I'm back to building 100%. I've been wanting to build a wheel loader for many years, but this project always fell lower and lower on the list of things to build. When I created the mock-up of the technic mine I realized it was time to finally build a decent wheel loader. Choosing the specific machine I wanted was not difficult. I always like to stand out. There have already been a lot of yellow machines, so why not an orange one? That's how I decided to build the Doosan DL 420-7:

Doosan%20DL%20420-7%20original.jpg

I started building the model in September 2022 and finished it in June 2023. Of course, there were 4 months break at that time for other models. The primary task in the design of Doosan was to make the model as efficient as possible. In my opinion, it worked very well and this is the final result.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

When I started building I gave up dummy engine almost immediately. I preferred to use this space for massive axles with portal hubs and a solid frame. The Doosans' drive is powered by the XL motor. Above it, there are two motors: L-motor responsible for turning and M-motor moving the bucket. At the beginning of the work I used Sbrick and a Lego rechargeable battery box. During the 16-hour tests at the exhibition, I decided that for even better effect and efficiency I would use Buwizz. Thanks to this, the model has space and the possibility of three control configurations. Sbrick, Buwizz 2.0 or CADA JV1010. The last L-motor lift the arm and it's located behind the front axle. When I made sure that the model works as I expected and removed a few minor defects that were revealed during the tests I started to make building instructions.

800x450.jpg

In addition to a solid frame and pretty well working mechanisms, I wanted the model to look good. The large frame made it difficult for me. In some places I used optical illusions using black bricks. The shape of the arms is bit different compere to the real machine, but this was due to the geometry of the bucket stabilization system. I am happy with the good looking fenders. The rear ones should open but I chose a solid mount. The engine cover have a specific shape. The machine is partly orange, so I had to simplify its details a bit and make possibility to easily buy all the elements in this color. My favorite detail is the radiator grille and counterweight. As you can see, it has a tile on three sides and is mounted on pins. The side parts are build in creator expert style. An additional nice detail is the cabin, which can be removed as one part from the model. To increase the realism, I used RC - MIL SPEC 1.9 ZXL tires that perfectly match the lego technic rims.

800x450.jpg

Below you can see photos and video. There is also a link to the building instructions which also includes motor wires. I spent 250 hours on the presentation and instructions, stickers (with Marton) and I'm curious if you'll like it :)

Building instructions: https://reb.li/m/154471

Sticker pack: https://forwartsticker.com/termek/fws95-moc-154471/

Photo gallery: https://bricksafe.com/pages/erictrax/doosan-dl420-7

128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 

Video:

Edited by eric trax

Very nice work! I saw it on YouTube today, and at first glance assumed it wasn't Lego--until I realized it was! I think the tires were probably the main thing creating that illusion, but the great bodywork certainly helped maintain it!

Also: 250 hours on presentation and instructions‽ That's pretty intense! It definitely shows, but phew, I wouldn't want to do that!

Extraordinary beautiful MOC :wub:

I like to see another MOC using PF XL motor for drive.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Doosan is now Develon, so this 🐕 looks a little dated!

well I started to built Doosan and finish Develon :pir-murder::grin:

Seeing this I should have started my Claas Torion with LAs instead of Pneumatics :D

Great built!

Just now, Jundis said:

LAs instead of Pneumatics :D

Lego pneumatics sucks. Don't even try to change my mind :D

8 hours ago, eric trax said:

Lego pneumatics sucks. Don't even try to change my mind :D

I will, you just need to have 1 dedicated pump per cylinder, then it can have realistic movements, and very good power.

2 hours ago, Mr Jos said:

I will, you just need to have 1 dedicated pump per cylinder, then it can have realistic movements, and very good power.

This solution takes up far too much space and still does not solve the basic problem - lack of precision. We're not getting off topic. That's a conversation for another topic.