VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Grah where are the good Canadians when you need them...? Some proper pictures of the sets would have been nice...Well, we still might get some good pics. Hopefully someone goes to the UK one. Seriously

Well, Spikit looks really really meh. Looks like it could be good, but not sure at this point. Kaxium looks sweet, really wanting better pics though. Love the helmets. Lots.

Others, no new pics, no new opinions. Urgh.

Is that rider in Kaaxium (sp?) Berix?? (or is he a passenger of the vehicle??) He/It looks very similar since there are blue hands???

Toa Mata Nui

Blue =/= Berix. It's probably a new character.

~Bunda

16.Why did villages choose the location they did?

16) Mostly because of the proximity of the big BIONICLE pieces, which serve as shelters

This poses an interesting problem if Mata Nui needs the pieces assembled...

-Ikk

That could, unless they hitch onto the artificial gravity and become another Mata Nui universe?

Thought the new serial was okay, like the turn with Vezon.

Nothing better than an insane Skakdi that travels dimensions. :P

Kaxium design is amazing, like I thought.

I see a Pohatu Propeller Holder thing in silver, and possibly the Samus mask in silver as well?

Baranus just sucks though, neat masks, and more chain, but colors are all over the places, the chariot is flimsy, and overall, it just doesn't look appealing to me.

The only unique/hard to get MOCing pieces [excluding the mask] are the Gunmetal pieces, including Onua's shield, Black Mantax claw and the Gresh half-shield, but all are colors we've seen before.

But wait, is Baranus confirmed to be an exclusive?

Because that means we will see/have seen the masks elsewhere in August...

[-The Alchemyst-]

Well, now we know what opened the BIA portal... this is better than Vezon Nuva at least. Nicely done. The other stuff was short but had a good feeling of bleakness and end-of-the-worldliness, which was present in latter parts of 2008 and which i hope stays.

But 'Makutaverse'? What is this, some crappy fanfic?

-Ikk

Actually, I kinda hope things turn out a bit brighter for the unfortunate MU guys. I'm not totally into the whole bleakness and no hope kinda thing. We already have too much of that in this world. I think we need a bit more hope in Bionicle, right now.

I like it. Although I certainly hope that this fanficcy trend doesn't end in Makuta using his powers to make some Gali/Hahli slash fic.

Actually, that would be kinda amusing. :D lol

This poses an interesting problem if Mata Nui needs the pieces assembled...

-Ikk

Mata Nui would need them in the GS to keep it operative, as the Matoran do in Makuta. Anyway, if MN needs the GS, it's a win win for the Bara Magnians to help him - MN gets his GS to titan battle against Makuta, and the Bara Magnians get of the desolate hell-hole that is Bara Magna, and no longer need to fight and stuggle for food and survival.

The Reign of Shadows serial was annoying. It was just more reflections about how Makuta owns all, and it was filled with bad jokes. Vezon's fate is annoying, because now he's just another wild-card along with the Shadow Takanuva's, Mazeka and Av-Teridax and this mysterious item that Takanuva's found. All these extra wildcards are really unnecessary, because we know they're not going to achieve anything great, because it's Mata Nui that's going to return and save them, not them save themselves.

But wait, is Baranus confirmed to be an exclusive?

[-The Alchemyst-]

Baranus isn't an exclusive. Exclusives aren't in retail catalogs or toy shows.

~Bunda

Edit: Would someone please go to my Millstone Hurling module and click and stuff? I want the giant's hat. D=

In MLN, that is. Link in sig.

Edit 2: Poor Shannara... his Guardian died.

Edited by Bundalings

Baranus isn't an exclusive. Exclusives aren't in retail catalogs or toy shows.

~Bunda

Edit: Would someone please go to my Millstone Hurling module and click and stuff? I want the giant's hat. D=

In MLN, that is. Link in sig.

Edit 2: Poor Shannara... his Guardian died.

I would if I had a giant. Could you click my windmill thingy so that I can get the giant's blueprint and give your mod a click?

<3 the Spikit's head. It doesn't use a Glatorian head, since you can see Bohrok eyes... Could it be a unique piece in a Special Edition set? Or I guess it isn't Special Edition, since it's in the retail catalog... hmm...

The set neither excites me nor... angers... me. =P

~Bunda

I want it, if only for the sole purpose of building a souped-up Bohrok. <3 <3 <3

The (2!) dome heads are WANT, among other things.

Yes.

Scorponok.gif

The only way Skopio could be cooler was if it had spingunmissiledrillclaws.

This.

Why do I think this is going to end up with Mata Nui obtaining control of the Bara Magnan body and duking it out with the Teridax body in a big giant robot fight?

mn_vs_teridax_lol.jpg

Because you still haven't realized how much Lego loves throwing twists in the story at us. It's going to end up that Mata Nui is actually inside a giant corn muffin, you wait.

Nom?

I personally remember the 2001 story to be very boring.

Yay we are alive! Yay we have masks! Yay we have beaten Makuta. Nay, we have Bohrok infestation.

"I have summoned the Toa!" "Collect the masks, fight the Rahi, and beat the Makuta." "K." "We have all the masks. OMG, Makuta!" "We win!"

Let's say that Kopaka began his fall in 02 and finished falling in 03, then.))

I'm sorry, but…

"How long have we been falling?" "I don't know, my watch doesn't tell time."

Pardon the language, butHOLYSHITYESWOOT

LOVING the Spikit!

I feel the the same way about him. :wub:

Me tooooo~. :wub: :wub:

I would if I had a giant. Could you click my windmill thingy so that I can get the giant's blueprint and give your mod a click?

Nonono, you get the jousting dude from Don Bricketc by sending him a Heroic Story, then you find SOMEONE ELSE'S windmill. That's how you get the Giant. If you don't know someone with a Windmill I can set one up. (And you only need one little jouster. I thought they got used up so I made like seven... but you just need one.)

Shall we continue this via PM?

Back on topic: I wonder... would those pics from the Canadian convention be BZP-legal?

~Bunda

I absolutely LOVE the Spikit! That set is worth both heads and the mask-which looks remarkably like the head of the Colossus Basaran... A colossus that lives in a barrren cave surrounded by geysers... strange...

Don't know if this was found but this site says the new movie will be called

"Bionicle: Where Legends are Made". Horrible Name Though.

Edited by Don Chica

Don't know if this was found but this site says the new movie will be called

"Bionicle: Where Legends are Made". Horrible Name Though.

I think it will be just BIONICLE: Legends. That would explain the little Legends sticker on the summer canister sets.

"Makutaverse". Probably not one of Greg's approved names, but if it is, somebody in the Legal Dept needs to be fired.

In the new serial, even Vezon now knows Makuta's real name! Vezon has had around zero contact with Makuta.

These new set pics are cool and all, but I'm likin' the Space Police sets far more.

I mean, I want a part or two here and there on the Bionicle stuff, but there's such SICK-AWESOME sets over in System right now.

So until the wave with Mata Nui and the other red guy with ankle cuffs come out, looks like Space Police is sex.

These new set pics are cool and all, but I'm likin' the Space Police sets far more.

I mean, I want a part or two here and there on the Bionicle stuff, but there's such SICK-AWESOME sets over in System right now.

So until the wave with Mata Nui and the other red guy with ankle cuffs come out, looks like Space Police is sex.

Two of the space police aliens have Kirop mask like heads, and another has a Kadin like one. We can talk about that here right? :sweet:

We can talk about that here right?

NOPE. Have a *BANana.

I wonder if they made the heads so like the Glatorian dudes in a clever, intentional, cross-marketing kind of way or if it was accidental. In any case, it's good seeing Lego pop out a (good) Space Line that is more diverse looking than even some of those Star Wars minifigs.

Those white and amber/orange Mars sets were anything but exciting to me.

Hmm... no Skopio pics...

...either he wasn't there or he was sitting in a back room somewhere to be shown only as an exclusive story to sites that kiss Lego's butt like it releases oxygen.

*(oops, it was just a plantain...)

A lot of the sets this year are great, Bionicle and not, but I'm really lovin' Skopio and Spikit. Also, did anyone think that the haeds on these new set images aren't as cool as the old ones? The old ones were all Predator-ish and awsome.

Nom?

Are you speaking of the Nom I'm thinking of?

Yeah, all the new sets are awesome. Spikit's pretty cool.

That's some wild and crazy stuff...

Baranus is definitely something different, the design doesn't look too bad. The colors do seem a bit off though.

I thought The Biker duo Kaxium was awfully random when I first saw it, but as a set alone it seems to hold up pretty well.

Skoplo, I like. It must be the resemblance to some quadruped mecha, or something. :grin:

And Thornatus... is just kinda there. Looks more like leftovers from last years jet-fest than anything else.

All in all, they're definitely getting more creative this year. I can't really decide whether that's a good thing or not, but seeing as they're all extremely highly priced I'll probably just turn my attention to the canisters, Space Police, or Indy anyway. :tongue:

LOL, since when did BZPower allowed this too??? Link: BZPower News I'm surprised that they are allowing themselves to spoilers like that...but with certain conditions....

Since they got over it and realised that these pics were legit-early but legit. Thank god! But I still can't wait for better coverage from the NY Toy Fair!

JUST BECAUSE WE POSTED SOME IMAGES OF 2009 SUMMER SETS DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU CAN START POSTING OR DISCUSSING LEAKED IMAGES.

...?

What are we supposed to do then? Pretend that news article doesn't exist?

...?

What are we supposed to do then? Pretend that news article doesn't exist?

Just don't post leaked images and discuss the sets that aren't revealed yet with official pics. :tongue: