Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

[OL - ship] The Ajax

The Ajax is an 18-gun sloop-of-war carrying the Oleonaise royal colours. I think she's probably a class 6, but I'd be keen to hear opinions on that. Not sure what to do with her. I'll probably sell her to the nation or the RNTC, but this may be the point at which I finally give in and join the EGS. I also don't have any backstory, so if you wanna invent that for me, I'd be much obliged.

The Ajax

Ive some class 7 vessels that are way bigger, with app 40 guns Not sure if class 6 is correctly. But pretty cool ship! 

@Bricksbypidy Thanks for the feedback. I was comparing her to some of the tubs listed in 

She seemed about the same as the Class 6 there (more guns, more pronounced quarter deck and forecastle) but, as you say, a lot smaller than the Class 7. What's the general consensus here?

Edited by Ross Fisher

Nice MOD of the new Barracuda! It looks lovely! :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I think she's probably a class 6, but I'd be keen to hear opinions on that.

Easily a class 6 to my eye. There can be a big jump in size between 6-7-8, but this is definitely big enough for a class 6.

It looks good with 3 masts. The captain's cabin and forecastle could be made longer.

50341898432_30ca5a85e2_b.jpgP01 by Philippe, auf Flickr

(The figurehead has too steep an angle because I put it on incorrectly after it fell off)