Wasn`t sure if i had to post this on the old thread or to make a new one, but I decided to be safe.

Anyway, I recreated Jantayg`s buggy made for the BuWizz 2018  ”Fast car competition”, but, being a recreation not a copy, differs in some manners, such as the way the front frame is attached to the main chassis.

This MOC has 1x buggy motor and 1x servo-motor, pneumatic shock absorbers, a good suspension travel and a space more than enough for the battery/ electronics but sticks to around 700g with 1x battery.

You can find the digital construction file and the part lists for the other paint-jobs on Rebrickable

Thanks to the original creator that accepted this recreation to be made public!

LWR%20R1.png

LWR%20R2.png

LWR%20R3.png

LWR%20R-BW.1.png

Edited by Lixander

10 hours ago, Alex Ilea said:

Slick build, well done!

Thanks!

Edited by Lixander

Nice looking!

One idea for the model / render looking better: In the LDraw library, there is also the pneumatic cylinder in its extracted position (https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/24079).

It can be downloaded via my LDraw-to-Studio downloader to be used from the CustomParts folder - only caveat: connections need to be added manually in PartDesigner.

Direct link to the 19475-f2 to be downloaded.

Edit: meh, extented size is half stud longer then the small shock absorbers.. so may not for your mountpoint.
small-shock-to-pneumatic-cyclinder-compa

Edited by aFrInaTi0n

4 hours ago, aFrInaTi0n said:

Nice looking!

One idea for the model / render looking better: In the LDraw library, there is also the pneumatic cylinder in its extracted position (https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/24079).

It can be downloaded via my LDraw-to-Studio downloader to be used from the CustomParts folder - only caveat: connections need to be added manually in PartDesigner.

Direct link to the 19475-f2 to be downloaded.

Edit: meh, extented size is half stud longer then the small shock absorbers.. so may not for your mountpoint.

Thanks anyway; I will try to use them in the renders.

Finished the ”final” renderings - I hope.

Thanks @aFrInaTi0n for the digital part files; I needed some motivation to make this.

LWR%20R1-2.png

LWR%20R2-2.png

LWR%20R3-2.png

LWR%20R-BW.1-2.png

LWR%20R-BW.2-2.png

Edited by Lixander

3 minutes ago, aFrInaTi0n said:

Nice it worked out! Looking awesome!

I had to get the pneumatic cylinder in pieces and the front 6.5L shock absorbers too, because they needed to be a little compressed.
Anyway, if you gave me the links, it was a pity to not finish this properly.
So, thanks!

Cool model, I have seen this in real life and I believe Jantayg still keeps experimenting with new variants of it.

For the really final renders, can you fix the tire threads to point in the same direction? :) Just looks a bit weird this way..

10 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Cool model, I have seen this in real life and I believe Jantayg still keeps experimenting with new variants of it.

For the really final renders, can you fix the tire threads to point in the same direction? :) Just looks a bit weird this way..

Thanks!
I am not sure if I can point the tire threads in the same way, because the wheels sub-models are linked. 

Just now, Lixander said:

Thanks!
I am not sure if I can point the tire threads in the same way, because the wheels sub-models are linked. 

Well, that's the problem :) Unlink them.. I was able to do it on my models ;)

Oke............but it is pretty annoying to make new renders just for some tires.
But, eh, what else do I have to do :cry_happy:

12 minutes ago, Lixander said:

Oke............but it is pretty annoying to make new renders just for some tires.
But, eh, what else do I have to do :cry_happy:

Yeah, I know, I often have to re-render things many times..

2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Yeah, I know, I often have to re-render things many times..

Yup :///

Edited by Lixander

For the last two pics, I guess the threads are still wrong... for V-shaped profiles the intersection of the two lines needs to go "forward" / needs to touch ground first at the rotation.

As far as I remember the idea is to push the water into the channels and with continuous contact direct the water to the outer edges of the tire. Conversely, the water is pushed from the outside to the center and would increase risk of aquaplaning. But I guess its not needed for MOCs :D

27 minutes ago, aFrInaTi0n said:

For the last two pics, I guess the threads are still wrong... for V-shaped profiles the intersection of the two lines needs to go "forward" / needs to touch ground first at the rotation.

As far as I remember the idea is to push the water into the channels and with continuous contact direct the water to the outer edges of the tire. Conversely, the water is pushed from the outside to the center and would increase risk of aquaplaning. But I guess its not needed for MOCs :D

Good to know, but, yeah, doesn`t matter that much on a MOC; I just rotated the right tires to fit the thread of the left ones...........and on the last model, they were different :))
Plus, not many people drag their RC Lego`s in water (repeatedly and fast).

Edited by Lixander

On 7/28/2023 at 5:53 PM, Lixander said:

Good to know, but, yeah, doesn`t matter that much on a MOC; I just rotated the right tires to fit the thread of the left ones...........and on the last model, they were different :))
Plus, not many people drag their RC Lego`s in water (repeatedly and fast).

Yeah, I did not want to mention that as well :) But actually this specific model was designed to be fast and run on outside terrain, which may include wet rocks where grip can matter in race conditions :)

1 hour ago, gyenesvi said:

Yeah, I did not want to mention that as well :) But actually this specific model was designed to be fast and run on outside terrain, which may include wet rocks where grip can matter in race conditions :)

Then it matters :)

I will re-render the last model when I got some free time

But, I strongly recommend to use RC tires that fit Lego rims, especially if the model is used on rough terrains.

On this one, you can use pretty much all the tires for the WPL RC cars installed on the 43.2 d. X 18 mm Lego rims; the performance will be better and the cost is pretty insignificant.

Edited by Lixander

Fixed it !
And by the way: there is an Easter-egg somewhere on my Bricksafe - part-lists made for more paint-jobs

LWR%20R1-3.pngLWR%20R2-3.png

LWR%20R3-4.png

LWR%20R-BW.1-4.pngLWR%20R-BW.2-4.png

Edited by Lixander