zinnn

[MOC] The Skull Island - Remake of 70411: Treasure Island

7 hours ago, zinnn said:

I'm exporting new images right now with that variant

While we wait on the new renders (although I don't mind the blue boat... but then again, I'm partially colour blind), for the purposes of the blog-post, few quick questions:

Q1: do you happen to have Instagram or YouTube channel you would like us to share in the 'About the Builder' section? 

Q2: do you have Rebrickable account set-up (please share link if you do, even if you have zero submitted MOCs so far)?

Q3: any estimate when the instructions will become available - days, weeks, months? (it's better to have the instructions ready for sale before we publish the article, as that gives you immense worldwide coverage, and if all goes well, some notable revenue from sales)

This is an amazing remake of the set, would fit in quite nicely beside barracuda bay.

The one small thing I would suggest would be too add the cannon back :cannon:

overall it’s an amazing moc :pir-wub:

Edited by CollinsAnimationStudio

I love to see a good pirate skull island, and this one is among the best I've seen!

Love the stonework, the cave with its hiding spots, the pier with its secret compartment, and of course the skull itself.

A great MOC indeed!

On 7/19/2023 at 4:43 PM, zinnn said:

I've just realised I made a mistake and the soldier's boat shouldn't be blue.

@Yperio_Bricks be like :pir-love:

On 7/19/2023 at 4:43 PM, zinnn said:

The original colour of 70411's boat is Dark Blue

:pir-murder:

At least that's how it happened in my head :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: 
I can understand both opinions. From a more "adult-set"-point of view (or displayed together with sets like the Barracuda Bay) something natural looking would fit better imo, whereas for a younger audience (or displayed with more colorful sets like some old classic pirates stuff) this might be the just the right color accent to make it a memorable, beloved set (eg "The island with the small blue boat? I had that too, I loved it!") 

Anyway, great build! :pir-thumb: 

Le 18/07/2023 à 00:42, zinnn a dit :

Je l'ai soumis en tant qu'inscription au concours, mais après avoir relu les règles, je l'ai changé en fil MOC régulier, car j'ai commencé à planifier et à rédiger certains éléments de cet ensemble à la fin de l 'année dernière, donc je suppose qu'il n'est pas éligible. Mais le concours m'a finalement fait m'asseoir et mettre cette idée ensemble.

C'est superbe !!! J'aimerais être aussi douée que vous !

Je n'ai pas compris pourquoi vous ne pouviez pas le soumettre au concours. Pouvez vous en dire plus ?

Merci et continuez vos créations c'est magnifique !

Edited by omby54

Thanks folks!

I've updated photos in my first post, I "flipped" the island to go with the POBB and be situated on its left hand side. I've also updated the boat colour to dark blue as it was meant to be.

Here's my home setup:

IMG_6905

IMG_6906

IMG_6907

PS. I will make a separate thread for the second side build :)

Edited by zinnn

1 hour ago, zinnn said:

Here's my home setup

Looks SO-O-O lovely in its physical form :pir-love: Fits the PoBB style spotlessly, magnificent work there, mate :pir-thumb:

1 hour ago, zinnn said:

Plz do :pir-laugh: Looks like a wonderful lil' expansion to "Ray the Castaway" GWP in a setting of Islanders, I'm pumped to see it in details :pir-stareyes:

FYI - I had to put this project on hold (as well the Islanders one) but it's back on! I'm reworking the base of the Skull Island (mostly stuff "behind the scenes") to make it more secure, and more official Lego-like. The three bamboo leaves pieces that were around the palm trees were quite loose, their grip is not the best so I decided to get rid of them and instead add some rocks - that also helped to secure the palm trees better. More/new photos coming soon :)

xendF64.png

On 8/21/2023 at 12:40 PM, zinnn said:

Thanks folks!

I've updated photos in my first post, I "flipped" the island to go with the POBB and be situated on its left hand side. I've also updated the boat colour to dark blue as it was meant to be.

Here's my home setup:

IMG_6905

IMG_6906

IMG_6907

Jesus dude, these look so cool.

I love both these side builds. 

I would love to see both from other angels. So beautiful. Really spot on good looking stuff