Well, after short period of hesitating I have decieded to give this contest a try. I will enter with 8454 in roughly 0.7 (1:1,4) scale.

Chassisis just a placeholder, but wheel positions should be final. 

Main challenge will most probably be the steering, but I would like to reicate at least the opening parts and the watergun operation

1280x720.JPG

Interesting choice at this scale. what about the fake piston engine? Are you connecting it to the third axle?

28 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

Interesting choice at this scale. what about the fake piston engine? Are you connecting it to the third axle?

I would like, but can not promise. Steering is more important for me. 

Well, this time it was easier to build the prototype digitally. in near future I hope to build it with real bricks and hopefully avoid BL orders :D 
Next physical design iteration will also differ slightly from the shown 3D file, because there would be many part collisions during steering, in case it was built exactly like this.
I managed to fit inside 3 axle steering and joysitick operated arm, with almost the same mechanism like the original (just scaled down). Still thinking about the fake engine - at least it will have fake fake engine (bunch of tr. clear bricks with yellow accents)
Should I go for the HOG knob with the 2x2 round brick, or with smaller 12t gear wheel?

BTW, the whole TC25 feels to me like great maketing for all the new tiny panels. :D (not sure if it was mentioned before) 

1280x787.jpg

800x422.jpg

DSC_3807.JPG

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Looks good so far. for the steering I think the 12t gear fits better. The round brick looks too out of scale together with the small baecon in the front imo.

Do you plan on also springloading the doors like in the original?

@Saruzeufel  Thanks! I think that the 12t wheel will fit better, but then the roof will miss some blue elements. It might need som research to find better parts. :D

Spring loaded doors would be nice, but maybe too complex for this scale to achieve the correct geometry. 

Update time. 

In case of emergency, it could be used as finished model, but I would like to fix and clean some sections of the build. Also photos need improving. 

1280x720.JPG

Regarding the headlights colour - I am fine with Tr yelliw, but using Tr neon yellow might be more true to the original. 

1280x720.JPG

1280x720.JPG

On 7/16/2023 at 4:35 AM, HorcikDesigns said:

12t wheel will fit better, but then the roof will miss some blue elements

At least color will good.

250x250p.jpg?1658326815.4279113

This turned out great. I love the look, and it's clear what it is recreating. Does the joystick for the hose work?

2 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

This turned out great. I love the look, and it's clear what it is recreating. Does the joystick for the hose work?

Thanks! Yes, the joystick work well. 

Well, the bricklink finally arrived, I came back from holiday, faced many news in personal life, and whoa, it is (hopefully not so much) after the contest deadline.

more photos:
https://bricksafe.com/pages/horcikdesigns/tc25-honey-i-shrunk-the-8454-/finished#

There were originally some painted panels in the front, but they were replaced with new parts (big thanks to TLC for releasing big DBG set again). Honestly, I would change the headlights for something more subtle, but could not find any parts (expect for cutting 4L bars) in trans neon yellow that would fit better than these popsicles (or what it is)
The model has working steering, opening doors, (fake)^2  engine and finally - working joystick operated arm (my favourite function from this set - I was surprised that it could be shrunk)

1280x720.JPG

1280x720.JPG

1280x720.JPG

1280x720.JPG

image of the original 8454 set:

1000x800p.jpg?1686123411.4836946

Edited by HorcikDesigns

@MangaNOID thanks. Oops, my bad, had to read the rules better. Well, then I guess it will be disqualified. 

@Jim sorry for this question, I am fully aware of my mistake. Could the video be added in next 24 hours, or not? I completly understand if not.

30 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

@Jim sorry for this question, I am fully aware of my mistake. Could the video be added in next 24 hours, or not? I completly understand if not.

Sure. I will make an announcement in the topic.

I did it! (fastest video edit in my personal history) Trobules with sound removal were almost longer than video shooting.

@JimHi jim, once again today - I can not modify the post in entry topic, so at least it is here. Thanks again, and sorry for complications. :)

Looks very nice :) I'm glad you managed to enter. I kept this browser tab open whole time and was looking forward it. As for the headlights they look good, not as accurate but better than simple 1x1 round plate (wonder how such details will be treated).

I will add it to the post tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Thank you very much! :) 

No problem. Glad you were able to make the video.

@Count Sepulchure Heh, thank you. I have some memories of playing with this set when I got it as a kid, so I wanted to build smaller version of it. :D Well, it does not steer as good as the original set, but the arm on roof is still fun to manipulate, even in this smaller scale.