Bricksbypidy

[COR - FB - GOC] Brethren of the Golden Triangle, New Haven

Brethren of the Golden Triangle
The Eslandolan and Garvian invasion of the Isle de Medio left thousands of Mardierian settlers homeless and facing starvation. Even so the Brethren of the Golden Triangle, a religious brotherhood. The brotherhood was headed by friar Louis Bertrand. They lived peacefully in seclusion in a monastery on Isle de Medio before the war broke out. The brotherhood made the crossing by ship in search of a safer shelter in New Haven. A number of old monks refused to leave the old monastery and stayed behind on Isle de Medio. Friar Louis Bertrand and his brehtren have not heard from them to this day. Would they still be alive?

The crossing to Alicentia went smoothly. With a large group of Mardierian they arrived in the harbor of New Haven. Defeated, but motivated to start a new beginning here, a new monastery was built. Although it couldn't match the old monastery on the Isle of Medio, the Brethren of the Golden Triangle were content. Here they could quietly practice their religion in silence and with prayers.

BoBS - Monastery, New HavenBoBS - Monastery, New Haven

BoBS - Monastery, New Haven

BoBS - Monastery, New HavenBoBS - Monastery, New HavenBoBS - Monastery, New HavenBoBS - Monastery, New HavenBoBS - Monastery, New HavenBoBS - Monastery, New HavenBoBS - Monastery, New Haven

---

Residence building, donated to the settlement and will be licensed by @Ayrlego in New Haven.

Completing GoC task 13.1 A New Haven Success Story with this build. 

Property type: Large Art and Culture
Dimensions: 83 x 71 studs
Total parts: ~16,000

Credits:
- Design piano and painting 'Mother and Child': inspired by @ Marinbrickdesign (Instagram), created by @Bricksbypidy
- Design parchment cabinet and desks: @ Marinbrickdesign
- Design furniture: @Bricksbypidy, @ Nortonsevenfour (Instragram) & @ Brickdesigned (Instagram).

Edited by Bricksbypidy

It's a fantastic build but heads up, we try not to use modern real world religions in this game. Just because there are a lot of connotations. We don't want it to get controversial. With a couple of tweaks this could be fine, though.

13 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

It's a fantastic build but heads up, we try not to use modern real world religions in this game. Just because there are a lot of connotations. We don't want it to get controversial. With a couple of tweaks this could be fine, though.

Ah, I didn't know that. I removed/adjusted some references to the 'modern' religions!

This is a very beautiful and peaceful monastery! A very nice courtyard where vegetables are grown. The workstations with the parchment scrolls are well built. I particularly like the chandeliers, piano and fireplace in the large dining room. The three-dimensional painting "Mother and Child" is very well done. All is very beautiful, interesting and detailed built.

Amazing! I love how you have captured the atmosphere of the monastery both with the exterior courtyard and interior scenes. I've licensed but changed the property type to art and culture to better reflect the religious purpose of the building. 

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

I've licensed but changed the property type to art and culture to better reflect the religious purpose of the building. 

This build is made for GOC taks 13.1. New Heaven Success story. It has to show a place were my story characters live. It has to bw licensed at a Residence or Artisan. Art & Culture doesn’t fit the requirements, to be honest…

35 minutes ago, Bricksbypidy said:

This build is made for GOC taks 13.1. New Heaven Success story. It has to show a place were my story characters live. It has to bw licensed at a Residence or Artisan. Art & Culture doesn’t fit the requirements, to be honest…

It meets the intent of the task, so as the creator of GoC I'm pretty sure I can accept it :)

2 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

It meets the intent of the task, so as the creator of GoC I'm pretty sure I can accept it :)

Haha.. okey! Thanks! :pir-triumph: