Hi folks, I want to share a new creation.

h2.png

Rebuild your Lego Technic 42152 Firefighter Aircraft into this Conwing L-16 Cargo Seaplane alias "Seaduck" from the famous cartoon Talespin. This model is an alternate build, meaning all 926 required parts comes from the main set with no extra parts needed. The plane uses 4 spare parts, that are all available with the set 42152 Firefighter Aircraft with a total parts count of 930. Get ready to join the Higher for Hire Cargo Company with its pilot Baloo von Bruinwald XIII, to rebuild one of the most iconic planes in cartoon history.

You can find instructions here if you are interested in building this model.

a.gif

Features & Functions

• fast spinning propeller in opposite direction
  • working rudder on wings
  • openable cargo bay with linear actuator
  • dual-linkage mechanism for cargo doors
  • implemented wheels for comfortable playing
  • includes two offshore buoys
  • measures 40x46x12cm

Impressions

imgg.png

imga.png

imgd.png

imgk.png

imgm.png

w2.png

Propeller & rudder

Propeller for that seaplane are custom made to fit the scale of this alternate build. Both propeller are geared up as much as possible, spinning very fast but smoothly in opposite direction by turning the red gear on top.
I was not happy about the rudder implementation for the Firefighter Aircraft donor set. As a result, the rudder on wings are operable in a more comfortable way for this model.

h1.png

Cargo bay & doors

To be confirm with the Higher for Hire Cargo Company, this Conwing L-16 is made to transport freight, providing as much space in the back as possible. By controlling the black gear behind the nose, a linear actuator is triggering a sliding mechanism to open the cargo doors. This mechanism opens the cargo door itself and part of the roof simultaneously, providing more room to reveal the cargo bay.

imgl.png
imgn.png

w3.png

The following animation should help to understand how the dual-linkage mechanism for the cargo doors works:

anim.gif
Floating over surfaces

This model is made as a seaplane only with no retractable landing gears, due the fact that the linkage mechanism inside takes up almost all the space. Thanks to the implemented wheels, the plane floats very smoothly over each surface to ensure a good playability. Of course this Conwing L-16 is a construction toy, do not put it into water. This model does not really float on water, but on its wheels instead.
imgb.png
imgc.png
The seaplane has a heavy back wing like the real one, performing a take-off when displaying the model.

w1.png

Instructions

Premium instructions for this alternate build comes in a single PDF-file with 241 pages of high quality building steps and clear images to ensure a satisfying building experience. Builders will be surprised what clever techniques and tricks are used to form all the shapes of the model, especially for the iconic red nose. Go back to the basics of Lego Technic with common colors, cool functions and playability - not only for the younger audience of builders.
You can find instructions here

Seaduck from Talespin

c2.jpg

c1.jpg

Talespin is a trademark of Disney and freely used to reference this model.

Have fun with this 42152 Conwing L-16 "Seaduck" Cargo Seaplane alternate build.

eb_img0.png

As already said in the other thread: Glorious B-model! The only thing (due to available panels and liftarms) is the nose, which looks a little odd.

But everythink else is great. Do you have photos or video of the real build?

2 hours ago, Jundis said:

Do you have photos or video of the real build?

unfortunately not this time. I am not that photo expert, thats the reason why I promote my models always digital. The model is taken apart, but after building it again (it is loaned to someone) I will take pics.

Love the model and TailSpin popped in my head at the first picture. Then I seen you added the reference.