Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Goh 10 B: A tricky shot REVAMP

OLD:

11450007775_1a97c21b21_c.jpg

REVAMP:

This category appealed to me the most. The guilds have always been about growing as a builder within a supportive community. And it's insane how many talented builders we have. Now and in the past. There are even multiple guildies who work for LEGO now. And looking at my own mocs, and others as well, this community has made me a better builder. Thanks to all!

Though I planned to rebuild one of my older fortresses, the deadline was getting closer and closer and I just don't have the time I used to have. So I lowered the bar a bit for myself and went for this one, a whopping 10 years old!!  

52788084358_bbfc8d4d7c_c.jpg

52788032105_1bf4f452c0_c.jpg

52787078197_450609a93c_c.jpg

52788031555_30d2b8cd97_c.jpg

52787865239_38c0ac3a56_c.jpg

Nice!  I like the barding helmet on top of the pavilion!  You also make great use of the new sand blue hinged pieces and the white double - half arch (does that just make it a whole arch?  So confused...)  I love how the guy holding the apple is leaning out of the way like "DON'T SHOOT ME!"  Great use of the BAM torsos with the CMF hair and the old TMNT shredder helmets on the minis, they look awesome.  I definitely like the new targets better than the old one. My only suggestion might be to use a white background for the photo when you have a dark green base. Most of the pics are pretty good, but the last one some of the detail is lost in the lack of contrast a bit, but the photography is sharp and well done.  Beautiful build!

The figbarf is probably the best thing in this revamp, I love how both the palette of minifig parts has evolved over the past 10 years!
It's of course also great to see your skills today in combining them and presenting them with super crisp photos too :classic: 

The building with the blue spaceship pieces is very well decorated.  I agree with Gideon those figs look fantastic especially with the shredder helmet.  

Wow! The pavilion is a huge improvement, I love the roof technique! I also really like the new target design and the figures look very sleek!

That is certainly an upgrade!  I love what you did to the roof, the sand blue is such a good color!

I remember the original, it brings back lots of good memories from the Age of Mitgardia days :grin:

Definitely a massive upgrade with your new version! Love the sand blue roof and elegant columns for the pavilion, and even the targets themselves are much improved :thumbup: