Sarophas

[MOC] The Portal Cliff

Interesting vignette. Fairly simple, yet tastefully done. I can see this in any fantasy medieval setting. The column design is great, and the inclusion of the koi tiles perfect. Add some sparkling/transparent bricks behind the portal and away we go!

4 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Interesting vignette. Fairly simple, yet tastefully done. I can see this in any fantasy medieval setting. The column design is great, and the inclusion of the koi tiles perfect. Add some sparkling/transparent bricks behind the portal and away we go!

Thank you! I wanted something that could theoretically fit in to any setting. I was torn about some sort of energy effect to simulate an active portal, but went with the inactive kind :)

1 hour ago, Killian said:

Are the Koi tiles from a set?

They are from 80107 - Spring Lantern Festival, but I got mine from BrickLink :)

It's a small but captivating MOC. It immediately sparks ones imagination on where does this portal lead to and how long has it been standing there. Maybe for centuries, maybe millennia? Who knows :)

Edited by omerai

3 hours ago, omerai said:

It's a small but captivating MOC. It immediately sparks ones imagination on where does this portal lead to and how long has it been standing there. Maybe for centuries, maybe millennia? Who knows :)

Thank you! That is exactly what I was going for :D

Very evocative of ancient mystery and civilisation lost. I do like the clean lines of the build and the base. 

Thanks for sharing :classic:

17 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Very evocative of ancient mystery and civilisation lost. I do like the clean lines of the build and the base. 

Thanks for sharing :classic:

Thank you very much! :D

14 hours ago, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

Beautiful design!

Thanks! :D