Sign in to follow this  
Alex Ilea

[MOC] Ferrari Purosangue - 42143 B Model

Hello everyone!

Today I want to present you my latest build, a B model for the 42143 Daytona set, the Ferrari Purosangue:

1280x721.jpg

Being the first ever 4 door car produced by the Italian brand, although they do not advertise it as a SUV, it is the most practical Ferrari ever made.  

Even though I had only the limited inventory of the Daytona set, turning a 2 seater in a 4 seater was a nice challenge and I can say that I am very pleased with the final result.

1280x720.jpg

1280x721.jpg

Features:
-steering with steering wheel
-8 speed gearbox
-V12 engine
-opening hood, doors, and trunk
-full suspension

I borrowed the Daytona from my friend @braker23  and took some photos next Purosangue's brother: 

1280x721.jpg

1280x721.jpg

1280x721.jpg

1280x720.jpg

Some pictures of the interior: 

1280x721.jpg

1280x721.jpg

Here is the video presentation on the build: 

Also an extensive photo gallery is availablehttps://bricksafe.com/pages/ILEAALEX/ferrari-purosangue

There are also professional building instruction for this model: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-141212/Alex Ilea/ferrari-purosangue-42143-b-model/#details

I hope you like this build. Any criticism, feedback, improvements are welcome.

Thank you!

Edited by Alex Ilea

Nice! I was reading a review of that car yesterday, and was wondering when someone would do it in Technic, especially because the wheels looked so similar to the Daytona ones.
The upper part doesn't seem as high as my mental image of the real thing is, making the model here look a lot more station-wagon than SUV (though the real one is kind of in a grey area anyways), but that's probably a bit of a natural problem of trying to make a B-model of something that's actually bigger than the A-model.

Good job!

Literally 5 minutes before I saw this topic I got sent a meme showing that the Purosangue is just the Mazda CX-30 with a few yellow stickers. :laugh_hard:

Anyway, your model looks impressive, especially loving the front! 

Thanks for sharing your work! Now I´m sorry for the following, if it hurts a little bit. You asked for critics, so I hope you don´t mind. It´s a Ferrari after all which never leaves you indifferent and yeah, I can see a Ferrari here because of the red color and the stickers, but that´s it. I can´t recognize an actual Purosangue, maybe it looks more like a modern version of the FF. Consider this being an SUV / allroad / crossover or whatever you like to call it. Means it needs way more ground clearance. The wheelbase seems too long which enhances the unwanted „limo stretch“ appearance. The roof looks most disturbing to me, it should be more rounded and not flat like this, sloping towardst the rear. 

I like the front and rear view – you have modeled them pretty nicely IMO. Though I think the studded plates in the grille should rather face in the same direction. Some extra points should go to the B-model aspect as well.

Edited by brunojj1

This is actually the Ferrari I wish LEGO did instead of the SP3. The newer bigger wheels/rims make a lot more sense for an SUV… plus a front engined, 4 door car would have really added some variety to the lineup. 
I was actually reading a review of this car yesterday and I am sorry but I agree with some of the above comments, the proportions are way out here. The model looks way too squashed and station wagon like. There are some areas I really like, the front nose with the headlights and the panel on the rear door overlapping the rear wheel arch are nicely done, and credit for doing it as a B-mode. But overall I think you could do a lot better if you ditched the B-model idea and fixed up the proportions. 

35 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:
2 minutes ago, langko said:

I appreciate all of the comments!

Nothing hurts Bruno, we all here to improve and have fun👍.

Yeah, the proportions are not 100% , yeah it is kinda slammed to the ground, but I still enjoy how it turned out. Trust me, I wish I used my full collection as I usually do to create the best looks and the best functions...

Time go get working on new cars, I got 10 on my to do list so it should be a fun year, and hopefully plenty new stuff to surprise you guys in a good way.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hello! First of all sorry for the question, but are you sure this is Purosangue? Purosangue is a suv like Urus while here I see a sportcar with the shapes of Purosangue. Let me assume you need to make the car higher several studs, including the bonnet.

Side view reminds me Ferrari FF.