Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - FB] Luis' Salvation Copper Mine

Despite some early setbacks and misunderstandings of exactly what the Royal Court had sent Luis Gabon to Kojima, he eventually validated his own worth as a human and proved wrong all those who had doubted him, so many of them, for so long, his parents, his teachers, anyway. He proved them all wrong and saved his mediocre name in court when Captain LaMond pointed out the teal tint in the sand along a creek they passed. 

LuisKojimaMine_4

The "Blue cliffs" turned out to be rich Copper Ore, erosion of the flowing water had, over time, exposed the rich vein basically at surface level. 

LuisKojimaMine_6

(For some reason, one of the miners was smote by the rendering software. He exists though, I swear)

LuisKojimaMineGhost

In fact, things could not have been any more fortunate for Luis Gabon. Because not only did he not understand international relations, or the process of colonization, he also didn't understand excavation or mining in general.

LuisKojimaMine_2

Turned out, the entire ridge was exposed ore and the process was as simple as breaking the ore loose and sliding it down into waiting carts. 

LuisKojimaMine_5

Which again, was fortunate because Luis was also not great with money and this endeavor would have impoverished him had he been forced to make the absolutely logical and (should have been anticipated) investment in a serious extraction operation.

LuisKojimaMine

On this particular day, CPT LaMond arrived to inspect operations, because Luis assumed that once he had declared the ore found, the rest would sort of take care of itself. Well, he wasn't too far off, LaMond shook his head, "I have been in this business a long time... I've never seen such dumb, stupid, stupid luck"

LuisKojimaMine_5LuisKojimaMine_3

Edited by CapOnBOBS

That's a nice copper mine! Teal/Petrol/dark turquoise is probably my favorite Lego color and it works well in your build :thumbup:

I like the stories with Luis Gabon. Apparently, Oleon is experimenting with a new camouflage outfit, so the miner isn't visible. I like the mine very much, mainly because I like waterfalls.

With Studio 2.0 I noticed that if the program crashes and I restart it, I am not allowed to select automatic recovery. Because this always has errors. I need to select a saved file and continue working from there.