Sign in to follow this  
the Inventor

[MOCs] The adventures of Ned, a FebRovery story

Day 1:

Hello, I'm Ned from the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC) sponsored by Blue Bird Inc. and Meta 3 Corp.

As you may or may not know, today starts a special event called Febrovery.

Please connect your feeds directly to the channel and tune in starting today. Please scan the code that will be shown after this message.*

*(Offer available for the whole duration of the month, no money back, accepting the usual credits of the Federation. Subliminal messages will be shown at select intervals, no extra purchase necessary).

Anyway, today I'm at the unveiling of a new statue to commemorate an iconic rover, nicknamed the Space Buggy or the good ‘old 886. A select few have gathered to witness this happening. Apparently you needed a specific helmet to attend, I’m not sure what that is all about, something about being classic.

Also, why are they all standing behind me. Hey, please direct the camera at me, I need to be in the picture here, eh, I mean the statue, of course you all came to see the statue.

The Space Buggy was one the first smaller standalone rovers that could be bought in the Federation, although it lacked the sophistication of many larger rovers, the small part count meant that it was very affordable, has low maintenance and could be used by many to explore the surface of the moon and other planets.

Did you can still buy one today, mostly in used condition, but you can still have great fun owning such a classic.

This concludes our short report, thanks for tuning in, and don’t forget to subscribe, also follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be to stay up to date with the latest news about me.
52656139646_e0d483f967_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 01 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Day 2:

Today I'm looking for some rovers, apparently I get paid each day to interview some random people about rovers.

Today I found, this weird fella, eh, I mean esteemed guest of the Exploriens. 

This small rover, the 'Signal Tracker', is powered by the solar cell located at the back. It also has plenty of communication possibilities and is used to explore the surface, it lacks place for a second person, so is very useless to transport people. Or something like that.

52656622150_f143d94591_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 02 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Day 3:

I heard the education program for space exploration starts at a very young age these days, let's find some people to interview.

Ned: "Hello, what's your opinion about these young astronauts?"
Brown spaceman: "I'm not sure what they were thinking. Did you see how the young ones drive these days."
Red spaceman: "...."

Ned: "Catch them young, as they would say."
Red spaceman: "I'm not so sure about that..."
52655691477_b66372387f_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 03 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Day 4:

A new day, a new rover, today I haven't found one yet.

TV Crew: "But I have, he doesn't like interviews, aaah....".

Quickly let's find another one then.

This concludes our quick report for today.

52656190711_dace5928f0_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 04 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Day 5:

Today, a special parade is held and many different rovers are passing this area. A large crowd has gathered behind me as you can see.

A special commemorative rover is just passing by, reminding us of a couple of important space factions in the Federation.

I'm not sure why the astronauts are dressed as rabbits though...

52668342324_c578443648_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 05 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

--

Thanks for looking.

I love your take on Febrovery this year. The facial expressions tell so much. The reporter is a fun addition as well, with the wrong style of helmet. Even the TV rover is fun.

Thanks.

--

Day 6:

Hello, I'm Ned from the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC) sponsored by Blue Bird Inc. and Meta 3 Corp.

Yesterday's parade was celebrating various factions in the federations. Today I found a sad bunch that didn't get to be one.

How do you feel that you're only prototypes?

We're sad that it never worked out, but having build a good relation ship with Futuron made up for it.

Our prototypes did test the water though, and eventually led to forming the Aquanauts faction I believe.

This concludes our interesting interview with Seatron, thanks for tuning in, and don’t forget to subscribe, follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be to get the latest news about me.

52668053556_cd0028c31f_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 06 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Edited by the Inventor

@danth Haha, thanks.

--

Day 7:

Today I’m on a different planet, Lignum Asteres III, and found a very special rover that is used to fight the plague of "Formicidae Galaxias", a big type of space ant that destroys all plant life.

The Grabbo-2 is used to quickly grab the space ants from the trees before they can react, and crush them with the strong mechanical claws.

The operator has a 360 degree view of the surroundings, very useful when operated in a dense forest.

This concludes our special observations of an interesting rover on Lignum Asteres III, thanks for watching, and don’t forget to subscribe, follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be to get the latest news about me.
52669872076_60896b7575_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 07 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Edited by the Inventor

Day 8:

Hello, I’m Ned from the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC) sponsored by Blue Bird Inc. and Meta 3 Corp.

Today I discovered a striking rover on one of the moons of Saturn. This yellow rover belongs to Suntron.

Our enthusiastic driver is shouting something, sadly there is no atmosphere on this moon, so I can’t hear him. Apparently these guys fight the Zorg Empire which I have yet to discover, I’m not sure if they exist,  maybe a viewer can help me look for them?

Anyway, this rover has 4 big wheels, some antenna and small lasers on top, it very fast and can quickly turn around when necessary. 

This concludes our look at this Suntron rover on one of the moons of Saturn, how do I get home again? 

Well, thanks for watching, and don’t forget to subscribe, follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be to get the latest news about me.
52670191709_8b2716575f_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 08 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Day 9:

Hello, I’m Ned from the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC) sponsored by Blue Bird Inc. and Meta 3 Corp.

I’m visiting Midorien today, and found two strange guys?, Bip and Bap, who sit on some kind of rover that collects crystals from the ground. I’m not sure if that is the most efficient way though, that grabbing mechanism looks awfully cumbersome, the crystals are stored in the back of the vehicle. I am not sure how they are even transported there.

Let’s ask Bip or Bap.

Can one of you tell me how does it work?

“We grab crystal.”

Ok, and then?

“Crystal gone.”

Ehh…

Ok, let’s conclude our interview, thanks Bip and Bap (for nothing…).

And on we go, let’s leave them behind, hopefully tomorrow is more interesting, thanks for watching, and don’t forget to subscribe, follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be to get the latest news about me.
52670464888_e981e38d73_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 09 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Day 10:

I’m back baby. Oh did I say that aloud, well leaving yesterday behind, today I have encountered something special.

A special rover from Quacklor, driven by two Quacketeers. They may look like ordinary rubber ducks, but this highly advanced species is know for their espionage and research throughout the galaxy.

For example, many homes on Earth have been infiltrated by them to do research on humans.

They are also known to do research on the sea currents and what happened to them during the global warming period.

I wouldn't trust them if I were you though.

Why is one of them staring at me like that, let’s leave quickly before they do something weird.

Thanks for watching, and don’t forget to subscribe, follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be to get the latest news about me.
52670513271_6d9b505045_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 10 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

@Feuer Zug Thanks.

Day 11:

Hello, here's Ned from the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC) sponsored by Blue Bird Inc. and Meta 3 Corp, I guess you know me by now.

Today I found a fluorescent rover, made by NeonTron (part of the Octan Energy Group).

This striking rover almost lights up in the dark, I heard that with some black light you get an even better effect.

The driver needs to be careful not to blind other drivers while speeding on narrow roads, although anybody sees him coming from miles away.

This concludes our look at this NeonTron rover.Thanks for watching, and don’t forget to subscribe, follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be to get the latest news about me.
52680700129_958a52b155_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 11 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

--

For those interested, what is NeonTron:

Primary (bricklink) colours: 
- Medium Azure
- Dark Azure
- Neon Yellow
- Dark (Bluish) Gray

Accent colours: 
- Black

Transparent colours: 
- Trans-Neon Green (Blacktron 2, M-tron, etc.)
- Optional: Trans-Light Blue (I did use some, but it's not really visible.)

Minifig:
- From set 60358

Day 12:

Hello, Ned is here again your watching the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC) still sponsored by Blue Bird Inc. and Meta 3 Corp, you should know it by now.

Today, I'm meeting some Futuron crew.

The Nova III Transporter just dropped this rover off, just for me.

"No, I'm just passing through, please stay clear when the transporter takes off again."

As you heard, just for me. 

This small rover fits exactly in the back of the Nova III, designed together with the Nova III, it's dimensions had to be calculated precisely.

It has some small communication arrays and scanner, and the single astronaut has plenty of room inside the cockpit.

This concludes our look at this compact Futuron rover.

Thanks for watching, and don’t forget to subscribe, follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be to get the latest news about me. Please, I need more followers...
52682899015_28678973ba_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 12 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

See also [CSE] Nova III - Transporter - LEGO Sci-Fi - Eurobricks Forums for the full spaceship.

Edited by the Inventor

Day 13:

Hello, I'm Ned and your watching the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC) you know the rest.

Today, I spotted a small Rock-Tron rover.

The front is equipped with dual saws?, to cut the rock I guess.

The back has a crystal storage box and place for some frequently used tools.

The rover is equipped with good suspension and can be used to quickly get to your destination.

Rock-Tron is subsidiary of M-Tron, the guys are sometimes called the Miners, because they still use the M-Tron logo.

Thanks for watching, and don’t forget to subscribe, follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be to get the latest news about me. Please, I really need more followers...

52683613417_f8b227d8c2_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 13 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

--
I was chatting with some people and then the name Rocktron came up, I liked that name and thought, what colour scheme would fit that.

So I came up with the red from M-tron and teal from Rock Raiders, after building something I thought what transparent colour would fit, I first tried the M-tron colours, but eventually went with the M-tron proto type/Ice planet colours, and trans Neon orange it is.

Day 14:

Hello, I'm Ned and your watching the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC).

Today, I spotted a rover with a big billboard. As it is Valentine's Day, Jill started spreading love and kindness through the community.

She used her rover to make sure you reconnect with your loved ones.

Jill: "Rovers are red, rovers are blue, any rover can be for you."

Your rover is gray though...

Anyway, while I was interviewing her, the Chromians got here, and they started selling their special Kandor-III crabs to the crowd... 

Well that is also one kind of love I suppose.

Thanks for watching, and don’t forget to subscribe, and follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be.
52684628963_f418372b2d_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 14 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Day 15:

Hello, here's Ned and your watching the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC) directly from Umbra-serpentos II.

I was looking for a new rover and found this weird one roving around.

It's rounded shape is certainly eye catching, as is the single arm with grabber that looks like a tail of some kind of scorpion.

Directly between the canopy and arm is some kind of pulsating device? Which seems to beat with a fixated pulse, like some kind of heart beat, could it be alive?

I wanted to ask the driver, but sadly the universal translator malfunctioned and couldn't be used.

Looking around me, I also spotted several weird plants. That seem to grow in this sand of Umbra-serpentos II.

Thanks for watching, and don’t forget to subscribe, and follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be.

52684132091_d14d35f40d_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 15 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Day 16:

Hello, here's Ned again and you're watching the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC) this time from a moon in the Krysto system.

It's definitely icy around here, let me take a look at this rover.

The mobile lab, Triton IV, is used to gather crystal info and transport the crew to remote locations to gather resources and perform research.

The cockpit has room for two, a driver and a navigator. On the top is a look out post and with some sensors to perform measurements. 

The inside compartment can be sealed with the hatches, located on both sides. To fit large equipment inside, the roof above the hatches can also be opened. So heavy equipment can be lifted inside.

52684630998_c310641ffb_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 16 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

52684485349_4aab08223a_b.jpg

Triton IV - Mobile LAB by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

--

For this build, I again tried something different, adding a more rugged look to the ice planet vehicle in addition to the orange colour I had added on my previous build.

Edited by the Inventor

Great topic, amazing rovers! Love the smooth looks, the diversity and the huge wheels on the baby rover. Also the rugged Ice Planet design works really well. Looking forward to seeing more!

@JulianH Thanks.

Day 17:

Hello, Ned's back again and you're watching the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC) away from that cold moon in the Krysto system.

Today I found this cool looking purple guy wearing fancy glasses and his rover.

This 6 wheel powered rover is equipped with a special rotating scanner on top and a communication antenna on the back.

It has two storage compartments and can transport a couple of tools.

The rover can be controlled by the driver and it also fits another astronaut behind him, directly under the scanner.

Purple astronaut: "Hey, didn't you want to interview me?"

I'm sorry, the time is up.

52684487219_5cc0e4d302_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 17 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Day 18:

Hello, I'm Ned and you're still watching the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC).

Today I found the most practical rover ever, with steering on both sides of the vehicle, to make extra sharp curves, which could be handy with such a long vehicle..

And a central communication console in the middle.

So, can you tell me anything about this one?

Brown spaceman: "Yes, the central console is also used to move the vehicle, it can power the motors left or right of the console."

You mean, the ones who have a steering wheel cannot drive the vehicle alone?

Brown spaceman: "You are correct."

It sounds less practical by the minute.

Brown spaceman: "You need some good teamwork for this rover."

Hmm, OK then..., let's move on, see you tomorrow.

And thanks for watching, don’t forget to subscribe, and follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be.
52694284031_b0d6c56964_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 18 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

@Professor Thaum Thank you.

Day 19:

Hello, I'm Ned and you're still watching the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC).

After receiving some reliable info about the Zorg Empire whereabouts, I set out to find them (see also: day 8).

So today I found myself between some Zorg Empire Shock-troopers. They aren't very talkative though.

And some kind of rover, the ZORG Devastator 3, it certainly looks very frightening and powerful with all those arms, rocket launchers, and other armaments. I am not sure those Suntron guys stand a chance against this.

I hear a lot of other Zorg Empire machines are coming this way, maybe I can better leave as soon as possible.

Well, that was our brief introduction of this ZORG machine, thanks for watching, don’t forget to subscribe, and follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be and now let's get out of here.

52696307370_27915a6aa8_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 19 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

--

ZORG machine inspired by Crimso Giger and Shannon Sproule

Day 20:

Hello, I'm Ned and you're watching the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC) again.

I'm here with a local Blacktron 2 guy, in his small signal tracker rover.

Roving around moon bases, tracking signals.

It is also equipped with two small robo arms to disable security stuff or something like that.

The rover has an extremely short turning circle and can get away fast if detected, although it is really small so you don't detect it that fast anyway.

It is also easily hidden behind something, or stuffed in a cargo transport. 

This was our short description of this rover, see you tomorrow.

Thanks for watching and don’t forget to subscribe, and follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be.
52696165151_ec0568bfd2_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 20 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Day 21:

Hello, I'm Ned and you're watching the Trans Galactic Info Channel (TGIC).

After my encounter with the Blacktron signal tracker yesterday, I wandered about and before I knew it I found an interesting rover.

This special liquid delivery rover can be spotted from afar, with it's bold yellow and red checkered pattern.

The driver has a good view, positioned above the precious cargo.

What kind of liquid is being transported was kept a secret though, so I am afraid I can't tell you more, the driver didn't know either.

Thanks for watching again and you can also subscribe, and follow me @NedIsTheBest.meta3.moon2be for more daily updates.
52697054487_1a63ac9e56_b.jpg

FebRovery 2023 - 21 by Ids de Jong, on Flickr