Sign in to follow this  
Dutch Thriceman

(Black Falcons) Two figbarfs and a furniture barf for my W.I.P. Castle project

Inspired by Aurore, specifically their post Hademar's Household drove me to want to put togheter a little family of my own. Introducing Count Falco and Lady Nidea with their two children and their closests relatives & friends.

52657930582_3e0b61ddb4_h.jpg

From left to right:
- Uncle Blackwin, captain of the guard.
- Falkwin, son of Falco, the youngest child.
- Count Falco, appointed lord protector of the southern most border stronghold of the Black Falcon's realm.
- Nidwin, daughter of Falco, the oldest child.
- Lady Nidea, wife of the Count.
- Isobel, astrologer and alchemist in service of the family.
- Conrad, falconer, no noble house in the Black Falcon ranks can be without one.

52658867245_86b354ed52_h.jpg

The house-guard in service of Count Falco, consistent of macemen, longbowmen and halberdiers. I had to have 'macemen' in reference to one of my favorite childhood games, Stronghold. Need some muscle?

52658704314_41e9b31163_h.jpg

What castle figbarf is complete without a complimentary furniturebarf. No but seriously, these were made as a little warmup for my upcoming first Castle build proper, I used to build vignette scenes for GoH before my second dark ages however I haven't built a Castle proper since I was a child in my days of rainbow brick castles haha. It will still take a while before it is finished.

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

Love the Stronghold reference. Nice family and collection of footmen. When I saw Isobel, for some reason I thought of the witch in Robin Hood: Men in Tights. The face is perfect.

I really like your composition of figures and parts, especially the use of the horns and lightsaber handles for the longbows...I think I have seen this also somewhere else. It makes posing the figures in believable positions so much better. Definitly going to use that one. :pir-blush:

Love the 'Macemen'!  Really wish they brought back the Morning Star piece, it's such a staple weapon in fantasy.

Thanks everyone!

On 2/11/2023 at 11:59 AM, Pirate_King_1982 said:

Hey man great stuff, Figbarf is one of my favourite parts of the hobby. Just curious, where is the head, hear piece and torso for Count Falco from?

Sorry for the late reply, if you haven't found it yet the Head is from the old Knights Kingdom line, the Red coloured knight. The hair is from a Ninjago minifig but I'm sure there are many minifigs with that hair piece. The torso is an old soccer (sports theme) torso, on the back there is even a number so you need to always have some kind of cape or backpack piece if you want to make use of it for Castle even though it fits perfect imo.